Author Topic: don't swear on the radio  (Read 2678 times)

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
don't swear on the radio
« on: March 10, 2009, 08:59:14 AM »
interesting article about a CFA captain demoted for swearing on the radio:
http://www.news.com.au/story/0,27574,25164210-2,00.html
(and very odd the article says UHF CB radio not CFA/DSE radio but it is news.com.au so is probably completely wrong)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: don't swear on the radio
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:13 AM »

Interesting comments by readers on herald sun.   

Aboot time the CFA stood up to some of the cowboys in its ranks. Too often they get away with whatever they like by putting on a sob story. He hasn't lost his job, all he's done is lose control of his volunteer empire.
    Posted by: Matthew of Belgrave 9:30am today

Please tell me there is more to this.........otherwise it is unbelievable! I am sure if the fire fighters could take the fear, danger, terror and tragedy they faced, being sworn at (whatever the words) would have been hardly worth mentioning, given the circumstances
    Posted by: mary of Qld 9:28am today

Now we have to dump Kevin Rudd
    Posted by: Jason Mc of Victoria 9:27am today

rescue5271

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2009, 06:04:27 PM »
There is more to this story than what is in the paper.....More should be knowen tonight at the group meeting over the Capatin being removed.....

misterteddy

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2009, 09:20:40 PM »
There is more to this story than what is in the paper.....More should be knowen tonight at the group meeting over the Capatin being removed.....

wow....just as well there isnt any pressing issues in your Group then Bill. Not sure most other Groups I know would have time (or the cbf'd) to deal with this at one of their meetings