Author Topic: GRN PAGING FROM STATIONS  (Read 26582 times)

Offline Steve_McLV

• Forum Recruit
  • I LOVE MY 34
    • View Profile
GRN PAGING FROM STATIONS
« on: January 23, 2007, 08:12:52 PM »
Is there a a program availible to send messages to GRN pagers via PC/email? I'm sure there is, is it easily available and from where? (CFS/download/etc) :?

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: GRN PAGING FROM STATIONS
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2007, 08:33:41 PM »
Air source, maybe ask the group officer, someone in you group is bound to have the program.
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2007, 08:55:01 PM »
Link.

Im sure someone has the URL for it.. - All you need is the Pager ID number, you enter it, type your message, and press send.

Wallah..

Now.. - Just need someone to post the URL..  8-)

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 07:24:20 AM »
LINK URL
http://www.link.com.au/solutions/solutions.html
*CFSRES: won't drop tone 7 from this site. Not that response messages should be sent from here. Remember there are SOP's related to sending pages.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 10:16:11 AM »
Air source, maybe ask the group officer, someone in you group is bound to have the program.

or your group comms officer, they should have a copy (Airsource Pro it's called).  Failing that your regional office.  You can't download it, the company that did it (Silverlake) went bust years ago.  (Read SOP 10.1/10.2)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 10:32:48 AM »
LINK URL
*CFSRES: won't drop tone 7 from this site. Not that response messages should be sent from here. Remember there are SOP's related to sending pages.

In my experience it doesn't matter where the page comes from, if it has CFSRES or URGMSG in the message the pager will use tone 7... :)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 11:17:45 AM »
Is there a a program availible to send messages to GRN pagers via PC/email? I'm sure there is, is it easily available and from where? (CFS/download/etc) :?

Contact Gary Bau in SOCC he should have a copy of Airsource Pro, or arrange to have it sent to you.Airsource Pro even though it is no longer available from Silverlake Communications is the only approved CFS version as per SOP 10.1

The Link site is not to be used for paging 
Images are copyright

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 11:51:55 AM »
LINK URL

In my experience it doesn't matter where the page comes from, if it has CFSRES or URGMSG in the message the pager will use tone 7... :)

I stand corrected! It did drop tone 7. :oops:

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »

Contact Gary Bau in SOCC he should have a copy of Airsource Pro, or arrange to have it sent to you.Airsource Pro even though it is no longer available from Silverlake Communications is the only approved CFS version as per SOP 10.1

The Link site is not to be used for paging 

I don't have the SOP's at hand, but does it just mention not to be used for response paging? Or all paging?

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 12:28:20 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but by following the instructions at the given url, does that mean I/anyone can send a message to a pager?

If you had the right code, could you page a brigade/group etc?

I've no intention of doing so, I just can't believe it would be so easy to annonymously send a page.

Then again, one quiet day I might start paging myself, for sh*** and giggles.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »

I stand corrected! It did drop tone 7. :oops:

this isn't you is it

*CFSRES: TEST ONLY DO NO RESPOND.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 01:31:29 PM »
Curiosity killed the cat. I broke the rules and sent one to my individual address. Tut, tut.

Offline wilma

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 01:48:53 PM »
Who dosen't every now and then
Barossa CFS Group
Barrosa DGO 3
(Formaly Wilma)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 03:28:24 PM »
Pardon my ignorance, but by following the instructions at the given url, does that mean I/anyone can send a message to a pager?

If you had the right code, could you page a brigade/group etc?

I've no intention of doing so, I just can't believe it would be so easy to annonymously send a page.

Then again, one quiet day I might start paging myself, for sh*** and giggles.

You are correct.

Offline Steve_McLV

• Forum Recruit
  • I LOVE MY 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 24, 2007, 05:06:25 PM »
 :-DThanks Guys / Girls for your help,
I tried it & it didn't work! through Link
WHAT THE?

Could just be me, wrong ID or some thing ??

Offline loopylou

• View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 01:31:41 PM »
One of the brigades i am with doesn't have an Alpha decoder, so i set up the Link paging service. we use it for everything except response paging and there isn't a thing that CFS can do about it. My philosophy is that if CFS want us to use their paging service (1300720335) then they can get some operators who speak english and can sent out the proper filtered message!! :-P

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2007, 02:56:41 PM »
Ever heard of COSO's & SOP's relating to use of pagers?    :evil:

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2007, 03:16:19 PM »
There is also a SOP/COSO's relating to what is required to be on the page in relation to a fixed alarm, eg; the page is meant to state exactly the name and address the brigade is responding to. How many Brigades with fixed alarm monitoring have that? It has always been, Fixed alarm activated, respond X Brigade station.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2007, 03:22:07 PM »
I believe there is one in existence, (I reckon it was printed in the last Volunteer magazine ) that states that paging from the Link website is banned, for GRN pagers - although Link clearly encourage the use of their website to page messages.     :|

This discussion has been had before, on various forums, about the problems with Link phone Operators not reproducing the message correctly, resulting in some very bad messages, and potentially dangerous ones......

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline littlejohn

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2007, 04:58:48 PM »
So where do you find the appropriate codes?

Presumably if I wanted to page the brigade, I'd use the same code I'd quote to the link operator.

What about individual pagers?

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2007, 05:50:07 PM »
Look on the back of your pager..  PAGER ID.  6 digit number?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 07:18:37 AM »
read SOP 10.1

GRN paging messages may only be sent by GRN approved fire station interfaces, GRN approved and liscenced paging initiation software and operator assisted services approved by the CFS...

so; station decoders, airsource paging, link via phone or SOCC via phone...

your not meant to be emailing or using the link website for paging really...

also; CFSRES or URGMSG will drop tone 7 regardless of where the message has been sent from

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 01:18:04 PM »
There is also a SOP/COSO's relating to what is required to be on the page in relation to a fixed alarm, eg; the page is meant to state exactly the name and address the brigade is responding to. How many Brigades with fixed alarm monitoring have that? It has always been, Fixed alarm activated, respond X Brigade station.

I hate it when we are paged as a default for the Brigade with fixed alarm, when the pager only says respond fixed alarm. no address so we have to then ring around to all the fixed alarm places for that Brigade, then we have to try and set the alarm at the brigade station but then they have not opened there station??????????? it happens only to often its not a joke. Our Captain has had a talk to there captain but still not fixed yet.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 26, 2007, 01:20:51 PM »

I hate it when we are paged as a default for the Brigade with fixed alarm, when the pager only says respond fixed alarm. no address so we have to then ring around to all the fixed alarm places for that Brigade, then we have to try and set the alarm at the brigade station but then they have not opened there station??????????? it happens only to often its not a joke. Our Captain has had a talk to there captain but still not fixed yet.

Then you have the WORST system in the world !  You have to contact all the buildings with monitored fire alarms ?  And whats that bout the alarm at there station?? Surely HQ would know what they were responded too and could advise you of where to attend?  - After all, you must have been defaulted from someone??

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 26, 2007, 02:19:01 PM »
We still only get the Fixed Alarm Respond Station message but we now only have the one alarm on it but can't wait until we go to the new system. Whenever that is???
Lt. Goolwa CFS

anything