Author Topic: World Police and Fire Games  (Read 2874 times)

Offline WPFG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
World Police and Fire Games
« on: January 25, 2007, 01:15:08 PM »
Hi All,

Can't seem to find my previous post with regard to the up coming World Police and Fire Games, but I am running one of the events (called "Ultimate Fire Fighter") which will be held for Fireys from all over the world to show their skills, during the World Police and Fire Games.
The event will be held in SAMFS headquarters (wakefield st in the city) on March 21st 22nd and 23rd.
The reason for this post is to thank those who have already volunteered to be an official at the event and to ask everyone else if they would like to be involved?
We are still looking for some more officials for what is promising to be a real "flagship" event for firefighting in SA. There will be hundreds, if not thousands of spectators, and plenty of media packed into Adelaide Fire station and I would love to see lots of our CFS fireys working along side the MFS fellas and showing the rest of the world that they are every bit the firey as they are!!
You don't actually need to be a Firey to volunteer (so family and friends are more than welcome!!) but a lot of the gear that you will be handling is fire service stuff, and it aways helps for people to know how a fire station runs!

Volunteer Officials are entitled to a pretty comprehensive "thankyou" pack all shown here.. http://www.2007wpfg.com/files/volunteer_entitlements.pdf

If you would like to know some more info or would like to sign up to be an official please send me an email at [email protected] and I can send you a document that walks you through registering online!

Also if you can think of anyone else (like fellow brigade members etc) that might be interested in helping out, please let them know! or send them this text or something like that!

Many thanks all!!
Cheers
Declan Dwyer
Coro Lt 2
SAMFS S/O

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: World Police and Fire Games
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2007, 03:02:43 PM »
Do you need volunteers for other events still as well in case schedules conflict with the Ultimate Firefighter event?

Offline WPFG

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2007, 03:22:19 PM »
Hi Ryan,

Yeah certainly! If you have a look at the web site http://www.2007wpfg.com/sports/sports2.cfm you can see all the events that are being run and when they are being run, and I'm pretty sure there are a fair few events that are still looking for volunteers. (but remember.. UFF first!! :-D )

Cheers
Declan

Offline Ryan

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2007, 06:53:06 PM »
haha love too mate but having it during the week is gonna be a bit difficult :-P