Author Topic: New 34P  (Read 107638 times)

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New 34P
« Reply #175 on: June 29, 2007, 06:30:52 PM »
have we not considered that the height of the appliance has something to do with the terrain they are expected to encounter, along with the necessary entrance/exit angles and clearance in general.

?

would CFS really build the appliance that large just to be impressive? i think not, im no mechanic, but im sure the height is driven by functionality of the appliance.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 30, 2007, 01:18:50 AM »
And perhaps by what is on the market, and what sort if a price CFS can get it for....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Gilly

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 08, 2007, 09:58:13 PM »
Mack,
Entrance angles of what the 34P's have are reduced by the bullbars, chassis hardware and other crap hanging off anyway. If the entrance/exit angle as you are saying is required, i doubt the Izuzu and Hino chassis have the torque or horspower to drive up any hills/creeks/whatever that steep. The 34P has an entry angle of 32 degrees. Thats steep yes, but could the vehicle safely and practically operate on such terrain? Clearance wise is limited by the axle height (being a live axle design (simple and cheap)). This is less than 500mm on the 34P's, where as the base of the doors to crew cab are at 1400mm.
I for one did not imply that the CFS is trying to be impressive, however thier choice of chassis i think as pip eluded is based more on price than function and safety. (correct me if i'm wrong pip!).

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2007, 10:05:55 PM »
Touche got it in one :mrgreen:
Images are copyright

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 23, 2007, 05:50:56 PM »
I went past north east isuzu yesterday and while trying to keep on the road and nor hit anything didn't see any 34p's

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #180 on: July 23, 2007, 06:02:20 PM »
I went past north east isuzu yesterday and while trying to keep on the road and nor hit anything didn't see any 34p's
Thats because they are now located at the MFS workshops on Grand Junction Rd. Behind the Angle Park station.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

rescue5271

« Reply #181 on: July 24, 2007, 07:31:00 AM »
All getting fixed :evil:

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 24, 2007, 08:14:14 PM »
All getting fixed :evil:
How much fixing can they need  :?

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #183 on: August 18, 2007, 07:57:52 PM »
dalkeith are getting the new 34p with the pto pump as well as the monitor of the frount at the open day it was on display however the monitor fell of and can not be left on while in the station or on the way to a job dalkeith are still to recive the appliance.

keep an eye on the back of the 34P's at the back near the pump the try bends and lockers break that s why they have been built on hino bases now tanunda and virginia had huge problems including tanunda 34P having a hole drilled in to the foam tank and the tank would only hold 20l of foam

Offline boss

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • elvis has left the building
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 18, 2007, 08:14:05 PM »
does anyone knows whats happing to dalkith 34p saw it 2 weeks ago down near gawler bypass and this week its at mfs workshop at angle park seems that they got the lighting work for the light mast  :? :?
we save lives, we breath smoke, we eat ash, why do we do it? cos it's a way of life for us that we have chosen to take

pumprescue

« Reply #185 on: August 20, 2007, 08:36:04 AM »
dalkeith are getting the new 34p with the pto pump as well as the monitor of the frount at the open day it was on display however the monitor fell of and can not be left on while in the station or on the way to a job dalkeith are still to recive the appliance.

keep an eye on the back of the 34P's at the back near the pump the try bends and lockers break that s why they have been built on hino bases now tanunda and virginia had huge problems including tanunda 34P having a hole drilled in to the foam tank and the tank would only hold 20l of foam

Hmmm, thats slightly untrue, only the rural 34's were built on Hino as they were cheap, 34P's are still on Isuzu's. 20 Litres is all we have ever been able to store, except the new pumpers that have an 80 litre inbuilt tank. Otherwise its been a dip tube in a 20 litre drum.

Thats not the reason Dalkeiths isn't on the run, the monitor was never suppsoed to stay mounted, if you look in the crew deck area it actually has a spot for the monitor to be stored. The problem is with the hydraulic pump system, the truck is nearly 2 years old now, so is it a case of a lost cause !!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 20, 2007, 10:53:33 AM »
With any luck the CFS will look at a NSWFB Type 1 build for their Urban Interface 34P's. Pull the crew deck off, giving added locker space.

Crew decks are great for rural brigades that use them for running grass fires, but in a fair number of the Urban interface areas, you'll be running lengths of hose off into the wilderness. As such, there is little need for the large crew deck that the 34/34p has.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 20, 2007, 11:15:45 AM »
34P's may ending being primary appliances that get sent to strike teams to places like Harrogate....typically cos of the lack of water in those area's.   So a crew deck and 3000L is warranted.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 20, 2007, 11:52:03 AM »
So my brigade and group should get appliances, half of which they will not use in day to day running, just so on the off chance we go to Harrogate, we can use them.

Good work :)

I was suggesting that areas where you don't fight fires from the back of the truck, don't really need the crew deck and could do with more stowage space for Hazmat/RIK gear.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 20, 2007, 12:14:15 PM »
Very True about the Stowage space for Hazmat and RCR gear, its really a compromise to be able to cover everything.  With the impending 34P coming to my brigade sometime..this year (lol)...we may have to look at having a Hazmat Trailer to be able to carry all the gear required, very similar to Clare's.

pumprescue

« Reply #190 on: August 20, 2007, 01:06:45 PM »
We should be looking at the new Tassie "tankers" thats a great setup. Apprently they have 25% more space than the current version, they only have a half crew deck, for the off chance you need to fight off the back.

I thought Balhannah was keeping the 24P as well, or has that changed ? You should be able to fit all your hazmat gear in the rescue locker, unless your planning to become RCR as well ?

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 20, 2007, 04:48:53 PM »
nah 24P's goin in for refurbishment....34P replacing 24P...and probably a second hand 24 or 34 replacing the 34 late this year.

I personally think the Large Locker should be on the Drivers side, as Passenger side is the "safe" side of the road if you need to get hoselines out.   Only OHS&W flaw i have picked out hehe.

24P did managed to hold enough Suits for 3 crews of 2.  while we now may only be able to hold 2 gas tights and 2 Splashies.  got other equipment to fit in there too which will take up space.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 26, 2007, 09:46:12 PM »
21:08:18   26-08-07   34P GOING TO ADEL TOMORROW FOR REPAIRS RCR EQUIP ON LOGISTICS TRAILOR CFS Jamestown Info

ah dear :(...just hope they do the same repairs to all the others hehe

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: September 06, 2007, 08:58:04 PM »
21:08:18   26-08-07   34P GOING TO ADEL TOMORROW FOR REPAIRS RCR EQUIP ON LOGISTICS TRAILOR CFS Jamestown Info

ah dear :(...just hope they do the same repairs to all the others hehe

They only just got it :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: September 06, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
thats why my brigades happy with our 24P till it is certain that the 34P wont require trips to IZUZU.....often   :evil:

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: September 06, 2007, 10:24:57 PM »
Was a page floating around today that Penola's 34 was getting replaced later this year??

Should just replace the rest of that years truck if your gonna do that many
Lt. Goolwa CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #196 on: September 08, 2007, 07:57:14 AM »
There will be a total of 3 x 34 from that barch replaced here in the south east,Naracoorte,penola and glencoe not sure what they will give us but a 34p would be nice so we can back up our pumper.

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: September 08, 2007, 08:33:14 AM »
There will be a total of 3 x 34 from that barch replaced here in the south east,Naracoorte,penola and glencoe not sure what they will give us but a 34p would be nice so we can back up our pumper.
Bill, why are they replacing them? They are'nt that old are they?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: September 08, 2007, 09:00:17 AM »
They are from the same batch as Kanagarilla & McLaren Flat, which were identified as having a few safety issues..... looks like they might be replacing most / (all?) of that build.... perhaps correcting the problems & sending them out again?   I haven't heard anything, so its just a guess!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: September 08, 2007, 09:23:59 AM »
We should be looking at the new Tassie "tankers" thats a great setup. Apprently they have 25% more space than the current version, they only have a half crew deck, for the off chance you need to fight off the back.

Is that the one that was designed in consultaion with firefighters to build a practical and efficient appliance.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO