Author Topic: New 34P  (Read 106995 times)

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
Re: New 34P
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2005, 07:40:05 PM »
Sorry still a bit small, have a look in the gallery at the bigger pics.
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2005, 09:25:22 PM »

Here I have inserted the link to one of your full sized images rather than the thumbnail.  :-D

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2005, 06:46:54 PM »
No, I think Dalkeith are getting that.
Dalkeith?  Have never been able to work out how the CFS place trucks :?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

strikeathird

« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2005, 11:29:51 PM »
I did say i think.......................(So don;t hold it against me if that is incorrect).  But im pretty sure they are.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2005, 04:27:23 PM »
Didnt mean any offence, didnt see a standard 34 at moores for burnside last week

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 26, 2005, 05:59:42 PM »
Just for info Virginia have had their 34P "re-delivered" last night. Will be interesting to see how it goes.

strikeathird

« Reply #31 on: July 26, 2005, 11:14:55 PM »
Was this to fix the problem about something not fitting ?

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2005, 09:54:49 PM »
yes virginia carry holmatro gear and i think the locker was fitted out around the standard cfs rescue gear.

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2005, 07:52:06 AM »
What's the standard cfs rescue gear? Didn't think there was a standard!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

corocfs

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2005, 06:20:52 PM »
isnt that one of the main problems?? no-one really carrys a standard?

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2005, 09:09:32 AM »
Holmatro used to be the standard (of course we never had it :-)

And I think Ceduna had Hurst because of distance.

Who's had rescue gear delivered recently? Think we've gone to Lucas???
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2005, 09:16:34 AM »
Last set delivered was Light Rescue/RIG to Eden Hills with their new Pumper. It's Holmatro. Set before that I think was to Seaford and that was Lucas!

Don't think there's a current standard just a tender everytime a set needs replacement!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

corocfs

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2005, 09:30:20 AM »
And I think Ceduna had Hurst because of distance.

why do they have a certain type becasue of distance??

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2005, 09:57:48 AM »
Well my info is probably well out of date. But when I did my RCR course which would have to be nearly 10 years ago (seems like yesterday!) we were told that Ceduna had the heaviest rated gear due to isolation and lack of ready back up. They could have anything by now :-)

Don't know if they still do it, but on the course we had the three brands of gear available to us that were in use by the service at that time.
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

corocfs

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2005, 11:45:37 AM »
aaah i see..

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2005, 01:44:58 AM »
C.F.S don't really have a standard, instead they have a contract for so many years with different manufacturers.

At the moment RIV gear is Holmatro (coming from chubb) which is what seaford recieved and heavy rescue gear is Lucas.

strikeathird

« Reply #41 on: August 04, 2005, 03:41:26 PM »
So what happens to all the old sets that are taken off brigades???   Im assuming most are sent out to other brigades ?

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #42 on: August 04, 2005, 09:25:44 PM »
I believe Eden Hills HR gear is now a State Reserve set which will be sent out to brigades whilst their current gear can get a complete service.
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

rescue5271

« Reply #43 on: August 04, 2005, 10:40:22 PM »
So tell me James if you guys get a new 34p does this mean you can no longer step up to MFS H/Q?? I would have hoped you guys got a pumper like eden hills rather than a 34p but hey we are only the ones who drive/operate these appliances...

strikeathird

« Reply #44 on: August 05, 2005, 11:32:21 AM »
I think Belair should have a Pumper, a 34, and a 14.  due to there Rural and Urban risks.   But, like rescue said, we don't make the decisions.

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2005, 11:56:58 AM »
Nothing will change about COQ with MFS, we'll use the 34P as 24P are fine from Happy Valley when they go to Ohalloran Hill, Athelstone when they go to Glynde, Salisbury for Salisbury, etc.

I believe the only requirement for COQ is 4xBA. CFS will alway be responded with an MFS appliance in their area, so at a minimum there will alway be R.I.G. on there pumps.

I won't argue about appliances for Belair, hope that something come's out of the appliance working group. Would like to see a type 2 pumper and a 34P in the station, but can't see that happening!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2005, 02:46:21 PM »
Belair would do well to have a pumper, 34 and Tanker - can't take the tanker away!!!! Thats a Belair Icon - it's known state wide and in NSW and VIC - lovely vehicle, great to drive and very, very servicable!!!

Having said that - do we ever need to justify a vehicle due to COQ - would any other service??? I think we should do it on risk in the brigades PRIMARY resposne area - hence Belair would have a Pumper (1 x 3 storey Hospital, 3 x Multi Level Schools, 1 enormous nursing home - including multi level wings several shopping centre, good size urban pop) 34 or simialr for the rural risk (hills face zone, Brown Hill Creek and Belair National Park) and tanker for all of the above - also good for boosting!!!

Look at Eden - their justification was sound as they have similar risks!

Now some of the other brigades who are puching for Pumpers - do they have an urban risk in their PRIMARY response zone?????

But the best thing, despite how much we debate it - it isn't up to us!
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

strikeathird

« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2005, 05:33:03 PM »
Nothing will change about COQ with MFS, we'll use the 34P as 24P are fine from Happy Valley when they go to Ohalloran Hill, Athelstone when they go to Glynde, Salisbury for Salisbury, etc.

I believe the only requirement for COQ is 4xBA. CFS will alway be responded with an MFS appliance in their area, so at a minimum there will alway be R.I.G. on there pumps.

I won't argue about appliances for Belair, hope that something come's out of the appliance working group. Would like to see a type 2 pumper and a 34P in the station, but can't see that happening!

Looking through the Promo Website, Happy Valley have a Pumper, im assuming they would take that to O'Halloran Hill. 

You made the comment on the only requirement being B.A.  This is correct.  However!    -  If C.O.Q at an MFS station, this means you are covering MFS area.  Shouldn't you carry the same equipment as they would be taking to a call in their area?  shouldnt you be able to pump at the same capacity as they would have been able to if covering, their area ???   What happens when you get called to an Alarm at Marion shopping Centre, or Rundle Mall, or Some where in Sailsbury, and you are asked to Boost the bronto??  What happens when you roll up to the car accident and dont have R.I.V?  What happens when you get to the call and take a minute to don B.A where as MFS have it in their seats already to go ??

Yes, the minimum requirement is 4 x B.A, but I believe we should be able to proivde the service to the Community , who is expecting a Red truck to arrive.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2005, 07:20:00 PM »
How recently have any brigades had their Standards of Fire & Emergency cover reviewed ??

I ask because our brigade and neighbouring brigades are trying to get our SFEC's updated to reflect our current risks, however it seems as though Region are reluctant to do this.

Our current SFEC's are based on 1995 data and still have us as a rural/urban brigade. Since 1995 the housing in our area has nearly doubled (roughly 50,000 residents now) we have three major aged care facilities (one is now three floors), seven schools (including multi story), two shopping centres, two industrial zones and the state bottling plant and distribution centre for BRL Hardys (A Class risk).

Our brigade has a 24P a 24 and a brigade owned 14. Surely you would expect that if the SFEC's are reviewed we would end up being an urban brigade (and hopefully get an urban pumping appliance). I know that one brigade immediately to our south is in a similar situation and is currently undergoing major growth in its area.

Would Region be reluctant to review our SFEC's because of the obvious need for an upgrade in appliances and subsequent funding issues that would result.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2005, 07:59:28 PM »
Have been down the SFEC road before and were told because the MFS are responding with us we dont need one .