Author Topic: New 34P  (Read 106978 times)

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New 34P
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2006, 06:25:13 PM »
Belair new 34p is replacing the pumper, they just have the pumper while they are training and testing the new 34p. Also in case they have any problems that might need to be fixed with the new 34p. They have allready had a fuel gage problem

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2006, 06:38:36 PM »
Why do they need the old appliance there while they train and test it? When we got our new 34 we lost the old one the same night after only about an hours training. :?
Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 12, 2006, 07:35:07 PM »
Why do they need the old appliance there while they train and test it? When we got our new 34 we lost the old one the same night after only about an hours training. :?

Same as us, our old 34 was gone as soon as we finished looking over the new one!! As for the fuel gauge problem when ours is full it only reads 3/4 :?

Does anyone know who's getting the prototype with the PTO?? Or has anyone seen it at N.E ISUZU yet??
« Last Edit: January 12, 2006, 07:37:03 PM by mundcfs »
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2006, 04:32:16 AM »
Does anyone know who's getting the prototype with the PTO?? Or has anyone seen it at N.E ISUZU yet??
Have heard Dalkeith were supposed to be getting it but who knows with the CFS. Havent seen it a NE Isuzu as yet.

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2006, 10:07:36 AM »
Was just looking at the promotions website and it showed Belair as having their 34p and their pumper? are they keeping their pumper for the time being or is it a "Typo"??
Maybe CFS have come to their senses (i Doubt it though) and are letting them keep their pumper :-)

With thoughts like that you are on your way to a rapid promotion  :-D

Fair swap - a purpose built F7 Volvo, with PTO pump, 2 x 90 mtr HP lines, steam light and ample locker space - for a Isuzu 34P .............. mmm makes you wonder where things are going.

Although I have no doubt the crews at Belair will make the most of it and get on with the job :-D :-D :-D
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

rescue5271

« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2006, 06:06:18 AM »
Is that protype with the PTO going to burnside??? or if it is the type two pumper is it not going to Nairne as barker have now got a type two pumper???? When we got our new 34 it was all done in one night and we lost our old 34 on the same night.. Fuel gauge problem with our truck has been on going.....

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2006, 07:41:49 AM »
Good to hear the fuel gauge problem isnt widespread :-D :evil:
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 16, 2006, 07:32:10 AM »

sturt group....

still have the old eden pumper, and seem to still have old blackwood 24 kicking around (cant confirm BWD24? justy rumor)

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 16, 2006, 11:41:37 AM »
Sturt group Blah ........ from what I've heard it's their good management to ensure that all bugs are ironed out prior to decomissioning the old appliances.

Pity more people didn't have that attitude - would save stations going without an appliance for a day or two while things are fixed.

Re blackwood 24 - I think thats back on line again while CAFS has some more upgrades done - again looks like good management, Blackwood can maintain 2 appliances in their station :-o

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 16, 2006, 01:43:49 PM »
Didn't know we had the option of keeping our old appliances around "just in case". We were told heres your new appliance and when asked where our old one was going, we were told the bone yard at N.E Isuzu.

Maybe its just Sturt group having it their own way as usual, or maybe it's just me putting my foot in it (again). :-P :-D
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline fire03rescue

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 16, 2006, 01:57:54 PM »
With all the small and big problems with new appliances I think it is a good idea to keep the old appliance for a while if possible.
can't see the problem

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 16, 2006, 02:42:47 PM »
mmm obviously state have approved the sturt group thing... but i thought everyone had always known it was heres your new one say goodbye to your old one... :roll:

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 16, 2006, 03:32:07 PM »
Just for info the old Eden Pumper is sitting at NE Isuzu. We asked if we could keep our old 34 while we got used to the new one and were told flat out "no".

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
« Reply #88 on: January 16, 2006, 05:56:06 PM »
Don't get grumpy with Belair... Our 14 is offline having pump repair and modification.

Interesting points though were discussion about turing Belairs Volvo into a tanker seem to have altered direction. Talk now is it will become a spare urban pumper for the state, guess we'll just have to wait and see. Interesting that we can us these appliances now their over 20 years old!

As for the PTO 34P it's going to Dalkeith, spoke to Sandy Patterson about that a few weeks ago.
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

strikeathird

« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2006, 09:17:30 PM »
^^ EXACTLY..  If they aren't good enough to run everyday, why are they acceptable to send all over the state as "Fill in / Spares" ??

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2006, 10:36:39 AM »
I know I'd prefer to have an old appliance as a state spare in the station if ours was off line than not have an appliance at all. I guess it's all about risk assessment and management and ultimately CFS is bound to follow directions from higher powers.

It great to see though that there are becoming spare appliances and regardless of which group that some people are standing up and saying that there needs to be a transition period from old to new to ensure consistence of service - bravo to those who have the vision of ensuring that their people can respond when the call comes in and their new appliance is off having an issue fixed :-o

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2006, 06:54:31 PM »
having pumpers such as eden51, belair and so on for state spares would be great... then we wouldnt have to keep asking MFS for pumpers!!!!

speaking of pumpers being converted to tankers James, you should look at the new rhynie tanker... exactly what your talking about.

rescue5271

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2006, 08:02:08 PM »
Yes,I cant see why cfs have gone down this path of spending money on old pumpers that are in good nik and could be used as state spares rather turn them into water tankers. as for the mfs spare pumpers when our pumper was off the road we asked for a spare and where tolled NO they dont do that any more. Funny Burnside had one that week,must be a region one thing of getting a spare.. but we now have the region 5 24 at our station as the regional spare... :mrgreen:

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2006, 08:15:19 PM »
haha... yeah must be a regional thing, probly half the prob is getting an mfs pumper spare down to naracoorte mate?

rescue5271

« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2006, 05:41:29 AM »
It would not be problem,as we always have a couple of members who are more than willing to pick up a spare as long as there is one for us.. :roll:

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2006, 04:16:00 PM »
Does anyone know when the next batch of 34 P's are coming thru and who's getting them?

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: January 31, 2006, 08:00:14 AM »
not sure when or who.. but ill put it this way... if you were getting one im sure your brigade would know.

Offline 24P

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: January 31, 2006, 04:01:46 PM »
not sure when or who.. but ill put it this way... if you were getting one im sure your brigade would know.
Ok thanks but have heard the appliance replacement program is always subject to change. Saw a few new appliances at Moores recently assigned to brigades who never got them.

Offline medevac

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: January 31, 2006, 04:57:31 PM »
HMM....

rescue5271

« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2006, 05:24:05 AM »
I was at moores just before xmas and there where lots of new 34 appliances with names on them but that brigade never got them,someone at H/Q changed the names what a waste of money.. if they dont wont a brigade to have a new appliances why put that brigades name on it and sit in the open where people can see it... One brigade I did talk to where very happy that there new applinces was sitting at moores only having to be informed your not getting it.....