Author Topic: Logistics Vehicle's  (Read 25932 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Logistics Vehicle's
« on: February 13, 2007, 02:53:43 PM »
Our group (Mundoo) is getting a Logistics vehicle from CFS, it is based on a Nissan Navara twin cab, and will be based at Goolwa.

Apparantly CFS is building a few of these for groups, it will be available for courses, fire ground logistics and general brigade calls ( this will help our brigade with response on to the beach etc). This is designed to free up Command vehicles from being taken out of area for things and leaving them free to be utilised on the ifre ground.

Is anyone else aware of these????
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Logistics Vehicle's
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2007, 05:23:32 PM »
Yes Mate I was made aware of this sometime ago it would mean that groups that have two command car's can replace one with a logistics vehicle sounds good to mean...
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2007, 08:26:15 PM »
We still keep our 2 command cars and gain the Logistics out of it, i call that a fair trade 8-).

Just looking forward for when we get jobs on the beach we don't have to take the truck down there or wait for a command car to come.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2007, 08:41:52 PM »
That's interesting, if you get to keep both current command cars, and then get a logistics vehicle on top of that.

Last year, my Group officer informed the Group of the plan that had come from above, and at that time, it was each group to have one command vehicle, and one logistics vehicle - being a twin cab Nissan Navara.....so those Groups lucky enough to have two command vehicles, would loose one.

I know there were several people opposed to this at the time......(and I can't see them changing there mind).

But, if you are getting it as an additional vehicle to the current one(s) that concept would be far better received...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2007, 09:01:03 PM »
I think having more cars around would come in handy as I have been at fire where a Qav ended up being a command car as there wasn't enough group and logistics cars for reasons that are unacceptable which i won't divulge.

Other than the car that is used what would the main differences be between a command car and logistics car?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 05:18:34 AM »
Why dont we use SES command cars that sit around the fireground that have 4wd and have CFS radios in them??? There were heaps sitting around at mount bold and people wanted command cars to do stuff........ :roll:
blinky bill
my view only

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 07:38:16 AM »
We still keep our 2 command cars and gain the Logistics out of it, i call that a fair trade .

Us too  :-D  :-D  :-D

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2007, 07:53:45 AM »
 :-D :-D snap yep us to

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2007, 08:23:17 AM »
That's interesting, if you get to keep both current command cars, and then get a logistics vehicle on top of that.

Last year, my Group officer informed the Group of the plan that had come from above, and at that time, it was each group to have one command vehicle, and one logistics vehicle - being a twin cab Nissan Navara.....so those Groups lucky enough to have two command vehicles, would loose one.

I know there were several people opposed to this at the time......(and I can't see them changing there mind).

But, if you are getting it as an additional vehicle to the current one(s) that concept would be far better received...

Pip

It's either 2 command cars or 1 command car and 1 logistics vehicle.  I believe the R1 management committee agreed that groups need to have the flexibility to choose what suits them best.  Groups can have more than that but the cost comes out of the group's budget.  Lofty group is also getting one of these new navaras as a logistics vehicle, this will be additional to our current 2 command cars.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2007, 02:16:12 PM »
From what's going around the traps in our group we are keeping our 2 command cars but will look into it more :|
The idea in our group is that the car can be used for general brigade incidents but it's frst use is, for people going to courses, running food out to fireground (to stop people using private vehicles) doing shift changeover, running BA cylinders etc etc, if they want these vehicles to do that to take pressure off command cars what's the point if you lose a command car you end up back at square one :?
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2007, 10:52:34 AM »
When your Group covers over 10,000 sqr kilomiters you need 2 command cars and 1 Logistic car

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2007, 01:03:19 PM »
Why dont we use SES command cars that sit around the fireground that have 4wd and have CFS radios in them??? There were heaps sitting around at mount bold and people wanted command cars to do stuff........ :roll:

As stated in a different thread, I think it would be a great idea for SES 4wd vehicles to be used for 'command & control' functions by CFS. A driver and navigator/radio ops/scribe can be supplied at the same time.

A multi-agency GRN talkgroup can used or the CFS person could use CFS handhelds.

Just up to the incident manager or AIIMS staff to make the request.

The second course on 'Bushfire Awareness & CFS Appliance Familiarization' will be held for SES people at Meadows CFS brigade on 18th March. So progress is being made for SES to be safe & gain some understanding.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2007, 01:36:50 PM »
Andrew, does that mean the GRN radios in the SES cars aren't CFS ones?

Offline Scania_1

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2007, 04:38:54 PM »
I would say that SES radios have all of the SES channels on them as well as multi agency and state ones thats it. They wouldnt have other CFS radio channels just as CFS radios dont have SES channels on them.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 06:49:09 PM »
We still keep our 2 command cars and gain the Logistics out of it, i call that a fair trade 8-).

Just looking forward for when we get jobs on the beach we don't have to take the truck down there or wait for a command car to come.

I would'nt be promoting the Beach Towing Service Al :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2007, 06:54:14 PM »
Why not you could charge $100 per tow as the tide comes in :lol:
blinky bill
my view only

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2007, 06:58:03 PM »
Why not you could charge $100 per tow as the tide comes in :lol:

Any accounts for services rendered by a brigade will be done by SAFECOM in future and goes in the coffers :-(
Images are copyright

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 07:00:23 PM »
what about cash in the hand jobs????
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2007, 08:07:42 PM »
A multi-agency GRN talkgroup can used or the CFS person could use CFS handhelds.

GRN portables are intended for monitoring only, someone running an incident or operations should be using a mobile radio.  Of course many people disregard that but there you go.  But if an incident is big enough to request an SES vehicle as a command car then it should be being run on a MA talkgroup anyway.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »

I would'nt be promoting the Beach Towing Service Al :evil:

We don't do tows :lol: if they get stuck and lose their car to the surf then thats their own fault, we do however help SAAS a bit down there and do the odd MVA on the beach (when SAAS call us :wink:)
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2007, 10:38:38 AM »
logistic cars are great... we have a twin cab ford courier.

it is great for if you need to do chages of crews at big jobs or replace BA cylinders. its also got a 5,000L damm and a quick fill pump that it tows on a trailer behind it.

As far as beach use, we use our regularly for assisting SAAS when casualtys injure themselves and are unable to walk of the beach, we just open up the rear of the tray and the spinal boar JUST pokes out the back.

Pixie
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2007, 11:35:46 AM »
what about cash in the hand jobs????

Good one Blinky :lol: :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline Jimmy_91

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Southern Yorke CFS Group
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2007, 05:58:40 PM »
Howdy all,

Just wondering if any groups have received their new Nissan Navara Logistics Vehicles. If so, can you post some pics up of them.

Thanks in advance.
Stewart Germaine
Minlaton CFS

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 04, 2007, 06:27:05 PM »
I would say that SES radios have all of the SES channels on them as well as multi agency and state ones thats it. They wouldnt have other CFS radio channels just as CFS radios dont have SES channels on them.

SES GRN radios work on all SES TGs plus MA TGs only.

Same as CFS GRN radios work on CFS TGs plus MA TGs only....

;)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 04, 2007, 07:14:44 PM »
SES GRN radios work on all SES TGs plus MA TGs only.

Same as CFS GRN radios work on CFS TGs plus MA TGs only....

;)
Roger :)

anything