Technical Discussion > Hypotheticals

Schools

(1/3) > >>

bittenyakka:
This isn't really a hypothetical but I heard that Linden park had a light that managed to fill a room up with smoke that other day which resulted in 2 aerials and 6 pumps as well as 5 or 6 ambos. now my Brigade regularly responds to  primary school out hours which is a 2 brigade response. As this school is in CFS area would an alarm there in the middle of the day cause 6 CFS brigades to be responded? Even before the first appliance has arrived.

Firefrog:
An alarm should result in an appropriate and measured response. Normally fixed alarms would have a pre-planned resource requirement.

I think the large response would have come from the intelligence gathered via phone that the room had smoke in it. Considering that a school has large numbers of potentially young and vunerable people a large response is warranted.

Camo:
Figure this then.

Our local Primary School (very small) is a one truck response with a fixed alarm (monitored via security company).

It is an old weatherboard school with gas bottles everywhere with very little water pressure from the mains.

GO FIGURE!

Scania_1:
Just say the word Camo and we will dual respond with you...lol.

5271rescue:
Time your group/brigade did a responce plan for all schools/hospital/shops/pubs/anything large where the public will be  also with security companys you need to get the premises to contact them and change (a) which fire service to call mfs or cfs if its a local brigade alarm number have them program that into the data base at security.(b)also make sure you ask that they  respond two brigades..... If you Follow SOPS it says two appliances/brigades to any call out..........

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version