Author Topic: Problems logging in...  (Read 2808 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Problems logging in...
« on: April 27, 2005, 03:08:25 PM »
This may be fixed in Version 2, but just to let you know, I have a lot of problems logging in... I have no worries if I choose to stay logged in permanently, but if I’m on a public computer, I have to re-login every time I want to do anything that requires a registered user… Sometimes I’ll even have to log in twice, once to get the reply form, and then again to post the reply… Meaning I have to copy and paste my reply into the new form, once I have logged in again…)
Does anyone else have this problem?

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Problems logging in...
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 05:09:09 PM »
Could be the public computers security and cookie settings. The forum relies on a cookie to maintain your session. This could be the issue. If you think this is not likely please let me know.

As you suggest version 2 will bring a whole swag of changes.  Murphy has raised his head a few times, but we aren't far off now.

Thanks for letting us know.

strikeathird

Problems logging in...
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 09:45:22 PM »
It would definately the cookie settings... The computer you are using would be set at a 60 second (possibly less) refresh/ cookie clearing rate.

This means the computer doesnt remember that you have already put in your password, so it logs you out, and asks for it again...

:)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Problems logging in...
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 11:55:59 AM »
That'd be right... the public computer I'm using is locked down behind belief...
However, I will try it on my home computer, just to make sure :)

anything