Author Topic: The Fire Ban sign  (Read 4881 times)

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Fire Ban sign
« on: April 29, 2005, 08:11:49 AM »
Maybe its just because they were busy yesterday....... But as I mentioned in a different thread, I didnt notice the Fire Ban sign on the freeway open yesterday.

Was driving past this morning and was greeted with "Total Fire Ban Today"..... I thought - wow, maybe i missed something in the forcast!!! A quick check of the CFS website confirmed - definately not today....

Hopefully it doesnt happen too often, or people will start to ignore it like any other road sign, if they dont already.....

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
The Fire Ban sign
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 11:35:57 AM »
According to the pages I received I thought it was a Total Fire ban in the Mt Lofty and other fire district yesterday...
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The Fire Ban sign
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 12:33:48 PM »
Yeah... well thats what i thought aswell (which was right)....
Wonder how much it confuses the general public when these things happen. It cant be good for our appearance.....

Good times

The Fire Ban sign
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 01:12:38 PM »
Perhaps ring State HQ and get them to blast Transport SA, or better still ring the Ops centre, at least you know it will get done, usually!!

strikeathird

The Fire Ban sign
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 08:10:55 PM »
Do T.SA know when to open the signs, or are they contacted by S.O.C??  E.G - Can the signs warn of Bush fires, and can S.O.C tell them to be operated etc?

Any one happen to know?

anything