Author Topic: up coming events  (Read 23196 times)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: up coming events
« Reply #50 on: June 06, 2007, 12:02:26 PM »
Because One Tree Hill is where Rex started...and then the book release at Willalooka was because Rex was a member there for 20 years, and then at Naracoorte because that is where is is now...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 27, 2007, 03:42:03 AM »
Someone needs to write a book about our brigade....oh thats right, no one knows our brigade history... :oops:
[/quote]probationary one

You dont know your brigades history? :-o

You could write a book :-P
« Last Edit: June 27, 2007, 03:43:45 AM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright

rescue5271

« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2007, 07:04:16 AM »
A joint CFS / CFA group training day will take place on Sunday the 14th October 2007 at the kybybolite football club.The day will see crews respond to four execrises in and around the KYBY fire district.There will be a display and talk over lunch on a fireking and new CFA tanker that will be there.There will be some 20 appliances made up from Naracoorte CFS group,Apsley CFA group and Edenhope CFA group. The day will test both group communication plans for that area as well as test the crews in a number of areas. This would be a good chance for some photo taking and if you need more information please PM me.

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2007, 09:50:20 AM »
A joint CFS / CFA group training day will take place . . . . .

Three or so of these days will take place along the border this year.
The one Bill mentions for Naracoorte Group, one near Donovans/Nelson (I think, certainly somewhere adjacent to the Mt Gambier/Pt Mac Group), and another for the Wattle Range Group around Lake Mundi on Nov 25th.

The latter will include as many fire fighting groups as possible - CFS, CFA, FSA, DEH, DSE etc (love my acronyms!). I hope the forest industry brigades are included, but am unsure.
Exercises on cross-border comms, plumbing between trucks, and forestry hose lay will be covered.

I think it will be a very worthwhile day.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 09:56:53 AM by littlejohn »

rescue5271

« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2007, 05:22:45 PM »
I hope to get along to one of these this year fred was saying it should be fun and will also show what other service's have or don't have,will be a great day also to take some photos.....

anything