Author Topic: Joint CFS/SES stations  (Read 6270 times)

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« on: May 24, 2007, 10:56:01 PM »
dont forget i think SAAS are on in it as well....

So  MFS/CFS/SES/SAAS in one big building...i reckon they could fit in a 3 x 2truck bay station...and probably on the Land that SAAS already occupy...

The land i was talking about being purchased is at seaford...??? sorry i went a bit off topic, but in my defence, i was defending my turf.

I would be more than happy for a CFS/SES station at seaford!! to tell you the truth i would probably join SES., it could work really well, or could go horribly bad.
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2007, 11:48:41 PM »

So  MFS/CFS/SES/SAAS in one big building...i reckon they could fit in a 3 x 2truck bay station...and probably on the Land that SAAS already occupy...

The land i was talking about being purchased is at seaford...??? sorry i went a bit off topic, but in my defence, i was defending my turf.

I would be more than happy for a CFS/SES station at seaford!! to tell you the truth i would probably join SES., it could work really well, or could go horribly bad.

so when ya get paged to a job as both agencies, which overalls would ya put on?

lol - i cant imagine it would work being in both services in these sorts of areas... would be nice though, get to do some cool training and play with some cool toys ;)

Offline fireblade

• View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 11:49:22 AM »
Its funny how some paid and volunteer fire fighters get bent around the axles over where paid station are going to be put and not put.

Really when you think about when changes happen some MFS and some CFS will get annoyed by it, but at the end of the day as long as the most efficient and quickest service is delivered to the community who cares. Is that not one of the reasons we are fire fighters paid, volunteer and some of us both.

In my opinion we should be one service then we could chop out some of the dead wood at the top of both services trees and stop replicating mirror image departments in both services.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 01:12:36 PM »

so when ya get paged to a job as both agencies, which overalls would ya put on?

lol - i cant imagine it would work being in both services in these sorts of areas... would be nice though, get to do some cool training and play with some cool toys ;)

Happens at Yankalilla and Oakbank. They are combined SES/CFS stations.
Spoke to Yankalilla recently & they nominate SES training some nights and then CFS training other nights.
Depends on the local politics.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2007, 01:40:54 PM »
Spoke to Yankalilla recently & they nominate SES training some nights and then CFS training other nights.

The SES members have there own lil training task to do every once in a while at oakbank...ive just joined the SES team there, doin my basic rescue sumtime soon....

probie_boy

Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2007, 05:05:22 PM »

The SES members have there own lil training task to do every once in a while at oakbank...ive just joined the SES team there, doin my basic rescue sumtime soon....

lobethal CFS are also SES too aren't they?

I think a MFS station at barker would work with one truck with a 24/7 crew. as CFS_firey said, there response area is greatly larger than ours. So they would probably do the whole freeway to the points where they would meet in the middle with glen osmond (probably somewhere near the bridgewater exit) at one end and muzza retained MFS at the other end (somewhere near callington exit). and that way they would probably co respond to hahndorf, littlehampton, nairne, echunga and quite a way out to strath.

however i think the key is for these CFS brigades that are getting red trucks put near them is to embrace the new arrivals, not shun them or hate them. I think you'd probably find that if you scratched their back, they'd scratch yours. Interagency comradery can be crucial. Case in point: strathalbyn. At road crashes their CFS will respond strath SES to almost every road crash they attend almost immediately, and vice versa. They train together often and work together as one big team at RCRs as well as other jobs. If we sit there and act stand offish to MFS brigades, or get the dirts and not bother to respond etc, it only hurts your brigade.

In reference to the call for paid CFS crews and drawing compariosns to the CFA in that regard, in most cases are 2 different things. In the CFA, those brigades that have paid crews are normally bigger cities away from the CBD, obviously. If you were to put a paid day crew in action at sturt CFS group, it doesn't make much sense. Sturt, particularly blackwood, belair and eden hills, make a crew pretty comfortably 99% of the time. putting paid crews in so you can "guarantee" an emergency service means you may as well put a SAMFS station up there. Besides, if things really go pear shaped at a job/jobs in sturt or mawson, the red trucks aren't really that far away anyway...

and i'm spent.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2007, 05:14:41 PM »
lobethal CFS are also SES too aren't they?

im sure the entire onkaparinga group have Dual SES memberships available. gives us the ability to respond as individual brigades to SES incidents instead of queueing up the incidents as one large brigade.  But generally we work together on any major incident anyway.

Offline P P Snake

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2007, 08:21:08 PM »
Dezza 24p can you tell me what a ses call is in the onkaparinga group, if a call comes in for a tree down or flooding through ALERTS and is paged out on CFS pagers and big WHITE trucks go out. Is this not a CFS call. Even if there are some individuals who wish to wear ses turnout ppe on cfs appliances, seems to be getting a bit messy to me!!!!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 01:43:53 AM »
its not really complicated, just we use CFS resources to undertake jobs sent from SES. if it is from Alerts, generally CFS SHQ are involved therefore its a CFS job, its just a blured line to say the least lol...

may should get back on topic  :?

pumprescue

Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 08:11:29 AM »
Makes you wonder why they bother with SES at all up there, apart from getting a stand alone rescue and some decent wet weather gear, there doesn't seem to be much point. After all, CFS pay for and maintain the RCR equipment and CFS pay for the fuel and equipment for all the tree down and salvage jobs. Ah well, one of those strange things that goes on. Got me stuffed.

The MFS will make plans for lots of area's, doen't mean they will all happen tomorrow. We will just have to keep watching to see, and it will keep some goon's with a good hobby, where will the next SAMFS station be........

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 09:24:11 AM »
perhaps it's funding? if you're SES as well you get extra equipment and funding.

Offline P P Snake

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 10:18:15 AM »
A little off the topic  yes! loby rescue is a ses truck full of cfs gear and cfs people in yellow, too much funding, this rescue truck  carries almost two sets of rcr gear (double of everything). Also there is now a dedicated ses vehicle called onka salvage at loby aswell, has been used about 4 times in 18 months.But has all the goodies on it that some other ses brigades would love to have. double dipping i think, especially when loby put in ses job reports for rcr. loby is cfs rcr not ses rcr :?

uniden

Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:42:59 PM »
Can I suggest this all bemoved to a new topic Joint CFS/SES stations...

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Joint CFS/SES stations
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 03:09:35 PM »
Case in point: strathalbyn. At road crashes their CFS will respond strath SES to almost every road crash they attend almost immediately, and vice versa.

Strath SES are the RCR resource for this area, its not an option to send them...

Sturt, particularly blackwood, belair and eden hills, make a crew pretty comfortably 99% of the time.

Hah!!

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 09:12:59 PM »
Its time that we looked at having one service that does it all in some areas where both services are struggling to attract new members. I know we have been down this road before but if we dont take the lead then nothing will ever happen and we will be still here asking the same questions.....I know change is hard to take but just think of the new members one would have,lets face it it will happen one day and we will be one service(SAFECOM)
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Baxter

• ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 09:39:13 PM »
I know change is hard to take but just think of the new members one would have,lets face it it will happen one day and we will be one service(SAFECOM)

The blur between Orange and yellow is something we are going to be face more and more or Blinky and as you said unless we take away some of the blockers then we still be discussing it till the end of time. One Brigade in my areas has a joint cadet program between SES and CFS cadets where the CFS trains the SES cadets. Members that wear both colours and combined training done using the present day red tape could be done a lot more easily if we were one.
keep it simple for sanity skes please

anything