General Discussion > SASES

future of Adelaide Hills SES

(1/6) > >>

Darius:
Interesting article in this weeks Courier (Adelaide Hills newspaper) about problems at the Adelaide Hills SES unit (they don't seem to have updated their website yet so can't post a link to it: http://www.courier.net.au).  Now being the media I am cautious as to how much is correct (although the Courier are usually one of the better ones) but....

I found it interesting the ex unit manager's (David Chatwin) comment that they seem to be a glorified gardening service (referring to the number of trees down calls) rather than a real rescue service.  I think he's quite right (as an outsider to the SES) but that seems to be what the SES heirarchy want.

Also interesting to hear the reason for his suspension (and reinstatement) was his failing to submit paperwork as a protest.  What top people management skills shown by the SES big knobs.

squiddy:
Uh... there is a hell of a lot to this story that you are not aware of.
I would advise all SES personnel to steer clear of commenting on this one, otherwise you may just get your fingers burned.

Big brother is watching.

Mike:
A good bunch of guys down that way.... Im sure they will be there to help when people need it as long as they can and politics (however unfortunate) let them. Wont be the first (or last, unfortunately) brigade/unit that will overcome troubles.

(havent read the article, dont really care to...)

Blue:

--- Quote from: squiddy on March 15, 2007, 04:00:50 PM ---Uh... there is a filtered of a lot to this story that you are not aware of.

--- End quote ---

C'mon Squiddy, give us the good ink  :wink:  :-D

Alan (Big Al):
Since MFS took over comms their call out rate has gone up a bit for tree downs etc as MFS just used to only pages CFS in that area for that, but hopefully for them they sort their problems out soon, good luck getting through the politics of whatever is going on.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version