Equipment > All Equipment discussion

NEW CFA 4000lt tanker

(1/2) > >>

rescue5271:
I along with some others in region 5 spent sunday driving and testing the new cfa tankers which are auto/4wd/hold 4000lt of water and one has access from the cab onto the working deck. very nice to drive off and on road and the crew protection system  was very good and they tell us that it works in a burn over. I have taken some pictures and will upload them to cfs yahoo groups.

strikeathird:
They don't sound too bad...    How are there fire fighting capabilities...  E.G - Pumps specs... Stowage, hose lines??

If you email me the pictures, I can post them up in this thread if you like..

[email protected]

CFS_Firey:
When you say 'Tanker', do you mean the equivalent of our 24's? (or 44's) Because I can't see much use in a Tanker that carries only 400 litres... even with the 4WD benefits...

rescue5271:
These two prototype tankers are doing the tour of CFA regions and have also been over to SA to show CFS along the border.

1) mack 4000lt heavy tanker comes with lots of locker space and room for two CABA sets,live hose reel with 30 meter's of 25mm hose,dead reel with 400feet os 38mm canvas hose,three locations to run the pump, fitted with ROP in cab and rear,heatsheilds are double layered,two monitors on working area. made by skilled(cfa) ballarat.crew can move from cab to working deck with out stopping the unit.

1) M.A.N. 4000lt heavy tanker,comes with lots of locker space room for CABA, live 25mm hose reel,dead hose reel,remote monitor which can be operatored from inside cab also comes with a 18mm high pressure hose reel(100ft long) which runs at 2000psi.

both tankers have a fixed suction hose that is auto rewind under the tanker,both tankers have great crew protection in cab with spray bars all over the cab,tyers,windows and can be operated from inside cab. both are 4wd auto and went very well off and on road.

If I was buying I would order the mack,as it looks like a fire appliances but the workmanship is great,these units will be back in region 5 in june.

strikeathird:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version