Author Topic: Costs  (Read 7345 times)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Costs
« on: April 28, 2007, 11:17:18 PM »
Can anyone please tell me what is the minmmum amount of rescue gear that is really required for a brigade to be an effective RCR resource and how much  this would approximately cost?
being in a non RCR brigade means much of this kind of knowledge is never discussed?

uniden

Re: Costs
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2007, 11:21:51 PM »
I reckon you would start at the absolute minimum of $50k.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2007, 09:37:49 AM »
$50,000 would be the min,if you where only planning on having a com bi tool as they start at around $25,000 for a new set or $18,000 TO $20,000 for a second hand or demo set. Then there is the cost of rams,air bags,soft and hard protection,PPE, ETC...If you where to go the full kit I would say in this day and age you would be looking $100k...Then Where are you going to store it?? will it all fit on a currant appliances or will you need a new one that is only for rescue use???

Now having said all that you have to ask the question what happended to all the rescue gear that came of appliances in the last two years was it sold or is it still sitting up in that shed at STC?????
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2007, 10:06:04 AM »
Shed at STC :wink:

We got some of those Holmatro soft protection Kevlar thing and tha was $1000 for a set, before we got the lukas stuff we had Hurst and we bought a 10 yr old set of small cutters and the were nearly $4000
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2007, 10:11:35 AM »
Why was rescue gear taken off appliances last year?

Thanks i had know idea how much it cost?

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2007, 10:32:50 AM »
when some brigade's got new appliances they also got new RCR gear or lost their RCR gear as they where no longer a RCR brigade.I know the gear that came off eden hills pumper was a full set and they got a replacement gear of a com bi tool only .There old gear was in the shed last time I looked at STC,but it may have been sold by now who knows...My brigade has had hurst till about 4 years ago when we got the new rescue and now run lukas and are very happy with it.
blinky bill
my view only