Author Topic: Biggest Station?  (Read 51765 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Biggest Station?
« Reply #50 on: December 17, 2007, 09:19:10 PM »
There are many large stations around the state Ceduna is another one, and also Bordertown,Port Elliot etc
Images are copyright

Offline Sarge

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 14, 2008, 11:09:08 PM »
Are we talking surface area only or dose height come into the equation, I only ask because Owen station is big enough to house 3 large appliances yet tall enough to stack two large appliances on top of each other.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2008, 01:36:42 PM »
when the project is finished all going well we will be able to fit three rescue trucks in the shed with two command cars then in the second shed if it gets built we will be able to have the two floats and three trailers plus another truck and still have space for our RCR training pad and a few other training areas 

Offline FireyF

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2008, 09:46:21 PM »
stirling station is quite large it has 5 bays and is getting extended eventually

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 15, 2008, 08:06:15 AM »
I hear they are getting a second storey to house the group base, getting a driveway through the rear to facilitate a drive through station, as well as extending out two more bays to allow for group cars/imt.

Confirm/Deny?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2008, 10:43:00 AM »
I hear they are getting a second storey to house the group base, getting a driveway through the rear to facilitate a drive through station, as well as extending out two more bays to allow for group cars/imt.

Confirm/Deny?
Or is all that for it to be ready when the MFS take over the area?  :-D :-D :wink:
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

uniden

« Reply #56 on: June 15, 2008, 01:03:46 PM »
Stirling district and population cant really grow. There are very strict guidelines there for building new dwellings/developments etc. It is pretty much as big as it is going to get. Cant ever see MFS popping up there.

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 15, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
CFS apply fairly significant restrictions on 2 story buildings?
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 15, 2008, 09:26:37 PM »

Yeah you cant have a fire pole :-P
Images are copyright

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 16, 2008, 11:44:03 AM »

Yeah you cant have a fire pole :-P

Au contraire! To avoid OH&S issues, poles will be installed! Oddly enough there are issues with stairs and firemen rushing down them. Workcover ain't happy about it!

Can't wait to see some members of this site in real life. How are you in an emergency service with the socail abilities of a brick?

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2008, 03:41:53 PM »

Confirm/Deny?

Confirm.

Offline K55

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2008, 05:39:57 PM »
Elaborate.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 16, 2008, 05:44:25 PM »
Sorry, that was a typo. Should have read "Deny".  (The keys are all right next to each other).

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 17, 2008, 04:51:02 AM »
Elaborate.

Although in it's early stages, the submission put forward that I heard about was to swing the station station around through 90 degrees so that the current station building area becomes where the future engine bays would be. The bays would be extended from 5 to 7 to be able to accommodate group cars etc etc. A second storey would then be built above the engine bays to house brigade and group facilities.

To allow for drive through access, the small lane way next to the old regional base would be paved, and renovated allowing trucks and cars to drive through and access parking at the rear of the station and the engine bays.

The Helicopter landing area at the rear of the station would be renovated from its current state to a more modern setup to allow for far better patient transfer abilities.

By the time the submission gets approval, a red paint scheme may or may not apply!

pumprescue

« Reply #64 on: June 17, 2008, 10:36:07 AM »
Good luck with that one Stirling, did they happen to mention the century this is planned for ?

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 17, 2008, 01:13:39 PM »
Numbers,just to add to your brief overview of the updated plans for the proposed modifications to Stirling station. As I understand it ,the management commitee after reveiwing a large number of emergency organisations around the world , with mind to the village/community sensitivities of the Stirling area (see Stirling shopping center development behind the hotel) have short listed two facades that would fit in . The first design keeps the original facade in place,that is hooked up to their alerts/pager system ,in an emergency the facade lowers to the ground, allowing immediate access for responding appliances,one outstanding feature of this design is the fire pole ,once the vehicles have left the station,the facade, raises back into place,keeping the village feel of the town as per the request of the community.The design was by an American Bruce Wayne, for an emergency organisation who,s need for discretion was paramount.

The second design, my personal favorite, allows the site to be completely redeveloped by the brigade, with a large two storey residential development,complete with pool, in place of the station. This is a win/win for the service as the tenants would be paying a rent linked to CPI and an income for a ever increasing budget blowout would be generated and the development would definately be accepted by a cynical friends of Stirling action group. This design also is linked into the alerts/pager system, whereby once the "bells" drop , a entrance below the pool is exposed by the sliding of the pool into a covered housing,allowing easy egress for the selected appliances stored in a pod/racking system. Although this design sounds spaceage(Alans domain),it has been in operation in an island off the coast of America or England ,not sure which one ,for some 40 years now and hasn't failed them once. The design by once again an American, Gordon Tracy is edgy but workable, perhaps the only downside is for anyone swimming in the pool when the "bells" drop but Im sure this could be overcome.
Either way it turns out it will be a large step forward for the brigade.

To the Batcave!!! or Thunderbirds are go!!! :-D

Cheers Jaff
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 17, 2008, 01:51:42 PM »
Jaff! You must have friends in high places or are just being plain silly! I had tried to pioneer an underground station setup where the entire current site was redeveloped, as per the residential scheme you propose, yet the entry/exit point for the station is the roundabout. Its a central location allowing good access to all points of the district and causing minimal traffic disruption.

Where were you and I when the strategic building planning committee was formed?! Call for a parliamentary inquiry I say!

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 17, 2008, 06:10:40 PM »
But this will never happen...the Thunderbirds concept provides Rescue services around the world, so one station should cover South Australia easily... now everyone would get their nose out of joint when aircraft land in before they can get the doors open..     :evil:    :lol:

...or is that what the new helicopter is going to be used for in summer...  :evil:
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Army_emergency_responder

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2009, 08:37:30 PM »
Station 20 is the biggest lol

Offline Chinny

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 11, 2009, 05:34:40 PM »
HAHA that is funny :roll:

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 11, 2009, 09:43:14 PM »
Does the new gambier base count as a station  :? :-P
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Gungellan34

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 07, 2009, 04:09:53 PM »
or is that Bob's Base with the B.W.C (Bob's Water Carrier) parked in it! LOL
Just my opinion, but I'd like to hear yours!

rescue5271

« Reply #72 on: July 07, 2009, 04:44:56 PM »
LOLOLOO, i am sure BOB with get a laugh out of that one....NOT....

anything