Author Topic: Working in Iraq  (Read 4726 times)

uniden

Working in Iraq
« on: May 26, 2007, 08:00:01 PM »
Have heard of jobs being advertised here (SA) for Police to go to Iraq to train their Police. Has anyone from over here gone over for firefighting? Have read that a lot of US guys have gone. They work for private contractors who are linked with the US military.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Working in Iraq
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2007, 09:08:29 PM »
I did hear that chubb security had something to do with this as they have a number of defence contract around the world..But more than likely the yanks would have the hold on these jobs.....
blinky bill
my view only

uniden

« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 10:34:03 PM »
Read that the firies are getting around $98K per year to go over there. I reckon you should get quite a bit more for danger money alone... :-D

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2007, 01:41:26 AM »
98k, what a joke, i would want a hell of a lot more for getting shot at or blown up. There are ESO jobs around that pay that much.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline fireblade

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
I know someone working over there training there police. As for being a Fire Fighter in Iraq you would have to be nuts as the bad guys sometimes set up a second I.E.D. to go off on the arrival of police and emergency services to the incident. If you want quick cash for a while as an ESO head to somewhere like Kuwait.

The money is good in Iraq/ Kuwait as it is in American dollars and it is tax free.

Heard some of the jobs over there are o.k. as you just concentrate on being a fire fighter not doing medical-security as some industrial fire postions call for.

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2007, 05:05:33 PM »
There is a good IRAQ fire brigade on  you tube....worth looking at...
blinky bill
my view only

probie_boy

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2007, 06:22:43 PM »
But more than likely the yanks would have the hold on these jobs.....

surprisingly, not so.

my uncles best friend is working over in Iraq on contracts identifying bones and skeletons in graves etc. He has done about 3 4 month stints over there now and is earning roughly $50-60 000USD per trip. Hes finished his work over there now, but hes very well off for the next few decades!

anything