General Discussion > Women of the Fire Industry

Why?

<< < (2/5) > >>

CyberCitizen:

--- Quote from: oz fire on May 27, 2005, 01:42:21 PM ---The graphic is excellent - this I have saved and will use.
--- End quote ---

Here are the other graphics.

Firefrog:
Yes but the biggest silo (in this context) is a male dominated fire service, and women have been left out. Hence why there are programs to help change the tide.

rescue5271:
mmm,I would have to say that people in the community dont care if you are male or female as long as you come and do the job.But having said that I have found that when you are giving a talk to a group of people they are very surprised that the service does have female firefighter's so much so that I now take along one of our females to school visit's and the kids and staff get a great buzz at seeing a female.

I am not sure what the problem is with females that join then leave the service,it could be a mix of alot of things and we should try and find out why. I for one am for female's joining and we should welcome them in as we do male's. There are still brigades out there that do not allow females to join and its these brigades that give us a bad name....

CyberCitizen:
I Agree With You There, We Have A Few Females In Our Brigade, x3 However We Could Do With A Few More As The Male To Female Ratio Is Quite Large On The Male Size.

I Think We Should Put Together A Form For Any Member That Leaves The CFS To Find Out Why They Are Leaving.  If Would Be Good To Get Some Feed Back.

CFS_Firey:
Although I agree that we need to encourage women to join the CFS, we could also say that we need programmes to encourage younger people to join, or older, retired people to help with communications etc...  :? :|

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version