Author Topic: CFS first responder to medical emergencies  (Read 18311 times)

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: CFS first responder to medical emergencies
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2007, 09:51:36 AM »
NRA - this may be of interest to you in realising where the SAAS country stations are located and the distance between ambulances in some cases.

http://www.saambulance.com.au/publicweb/pdf/SAAS%20Country%20Stations.pdf

unfortunately there is no similar map for CFS stations located on the internet that i could find, but a lot of those gaps between SAAS stations are full of CFS stations.

also it may shock you to realise that a lot of CFS brigades do actually have a good response time, i could name quite a few that are almost always out the doors in 5 minutes or less, admittedly there are also a lot that i wouldnt trust to get a truck out the doors at all.

by the way, my brigade is located only about 15km from the CBD in the burbs and we quite regularly beat SAAS to vehicle accidents by up to 10 minutes.. little bit of patient care in the meantime doesnt hurt.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 17, 2007, 10:10:12 AM »
First responders need to be onsite quicker than the nearest available SAAS unit, otherwise it defeats the purpose. This automatically counts out the CFS, on time alone.

lmfao - what an uneducated comment... you obviously dont have a clue about anything outside of metro adelaide do you?

re; MFS doing first response to medical emergencies. i wouldnt have thought they had the spare resources? or is it going to get to the point of running a couple of jobs at a time and having to tell SAAS, "sorry about our agreement but we want to keep those trucks available.."

well actually i guess they'd just call CFS to fill in the gaps in stations as usual... you know only the small stations... like adelaide.

Yeah they have to keep an appliance K3 for the next Deltec Alarm run :roll:
Images are copyright

Offline Hicksflat14

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 17, 2007, 02:39:44 PM »
unfortunately there is no similar map for CFS stations located on the internet that i could find, but a lot of those gaps between SAAS stations are full of CFS stations.

http://www.atlas.sa.gov.au
click on social environment then emergency services then select the cfs stations overlay.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 17, 2007, 03:20:31 PM »

http://www.atlas.sa.gov.au
click on social environment then emergency services then select the cfs stations overlay.

cheers HF14

Offline Baxter

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • ho ho ho its fire fighting time
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 19, 2007, 11:28:05 AM »
I would love to see all (or at least just the odd 1) MFS personnel spend time out in RURAL south Australia....not Adelaide Hills and outer surrounds....places like Karoonda, Salt Creek, Mambray Creek, Iron Knob....all these places...would be A VERY GOOD EYE OPENER....the volunteers there have a REAL passion to do the job....

now, BACK on topic.

some of those rural brigades that you mention do do with an upgrading of the their ability to do first aid. This is not being picky in any way but the cost of kitting out a brigade with the correct equipment will carry a huge price tag. In  Dezza quote yes these place do have a real passion for what they do and should be rewarded for it. The best way that I can see we can go forward is through having kits based on different levels of responses i.e. a level 1 kit for senior first aid through to a a X kit that can contain trauma O2 therapy and defib. From experience ambo's don't go off the beaten track to much particularly in areas like Iron Knob, Hawker, Wirrulla as their vehicle are designed for it.

Matt
keep it simple for sanity skes please