Author Topic: auxiliary members  (Read 2138 times)

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
auxiliary members
« on: June 26, 2007, 08:21:30 PM »
How many brigade's have a auxiliary brigade and what do these members do?

Naracoorte brigade auxiliary is there to provide catering to the brigade and the group at call outs during the year.They also do some of the catering at the region five training centre and this year they took on a support role to the apsley CFA group with catering as part of our on going support of crossborder sharing. The auxiliary is mainly made up of female members but they do accept males and anyone who is willing to help. The auxiliary can be called out at anytime day or night and they have access to local foodstores 24/7.

I am just after some feed back on what other brigade auxiliary's do and if your brigade does not have an auxiliary have you looked at setting one up as this is another way that community minded people can help.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: auxiliary members
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 01:21:50 AM »
We don't have auxiliary members any more, as the new Act came into being, so now they are Operational Support!!   :evil:

Our Ops support do catering within the brigade, and assist the Group Catering people for larger events.

My guys also do some limited radio work (eg, when they can, but not very often)

That's about all our Ops Support people currently do, as there isn't a need in my brigade for them to do more....but there are certainly lots more roles that Ops Support people can undertake....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

anything