Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4562271 times)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #3250 on: February 16, 2012, 06:56:39 PM »
still a heap of SEM's to go out so doubt it
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3251 on: February 16, 2012, 06:59:35 PM »
Believe it is a Fraser

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

misterteddy

« Reply #3252 on: February 16, 2012, 07:41:30 PM »
Believe it is a Fraser

Pip

What an appalling decision, no offence to the Brigade concerned, but to be honest with 5 calls (which included a stop call) you hardly justify the cost of a Brigade....let alone an appliance. Buy 5 farm fire trailers, give them to the local community and let them do their own thing while they wait for the next nearest appliance.

Righto Arthur......I know you read the forums because you have complained to me about them before.....care to come on and try and explain this one away?? Now's your chance

If not then Sandy, Chief, D/Chief??? - you are all reading this....anyone??? Bueller... Bueller ... Bueller???

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: February 16, 2012, 08:11:41 PM »
Brace yourself mr t there's some more new trucks set for 10 calls a year brigades!!

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: February 16, 2012, 09:36:20 PM »
reedy creek, tilley swamp, the vehicle replacement program is a shambles, there are brigades out there getting their 2nd 34P, yet there are brigades like mine still trying to fit our rcr gear on our 24P and continually trying to add extra space for it, we train weekly with 20-30 members, never fail to get out the door in a timely manner, and yet we keep getting looked over when all brigades as busy or even a little quieter had theirs replaced ages ago..

We keep getting told of the risk we cover but we are asked to cover it in an appliance that is literally falling to bits, the plumbing needs to be fixed up, it need a refurb basically and once again CFS dont want to know about it

Cmon CFS  lift your game, Your an absolute joke at the moment.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: February 16, 2012, 09:54:20 PM »
Maybe in your case al the squeaky wheel is not getting oiled...

pumprescue

« Reply #3256 on: February 17, 2012, 12:12:02 AM »
If its falling apart get it fixed, in fact get every single minor default fixed....you watch how quickly it gets replaced!

Is it possible to put a vote of no confidence in against the CFS as a whole?

misterteddy

« Reply #3257 on: February 17, 2012, 06:40:50 AM »
Al's Brigade is a perfect example of the shambles that is I & L

Maybe Al, time to "play the game", less work for free in members own time cobbling together backyard repairs for the truck, more time with it offline awaiting repairs - paid for by CFS. Also, might be time to get it weighed, I reckon your model 24P with all the P gear plus RCR would be extremely close to the limits....again, if it's over - truck is offline.

Pump....I think that actually came close at a conference a little while ago but was averted by some fancy negotiating, and promises some things would change. I alluded to it in a different post. I also believe moves are afoot to ramp up the dissent.

pumprescue

« Reply #3258 on: February 17, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »
Well they can't get much worse, so far it's been lip service

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 17, 2012, 12:41:29 PM »
So do we expect something official from your brigades/group on this topic ?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 17, 2012, 05:30:19 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC0076 17/02/12 17:14 RESPOND VEHICLE FIRE INC LPG, HEASLIP RD EDINBURGH,MAP:ADL 50 F11,TG 102, == SMOKE AND FLAME ISSUING IN CAB. JUST NORTH OF RAILWAY :ELZ331 ELZ339 R2 KUIPER VIRG19 VIRG24 : -

MEMBERS, PLEASE NOTE, MFS DID NOT ATTEND THIS CAR FIRE, THEY PUT A STOP ON THEMSELVES. DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE PAGER.IF AVAILABLE RESPOND TO STN

Dont know about anyone else but this just screams to me "oh look MFS are responding into our area so i wont bother responding"

seems like somone needs to grow a little
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 17, 2012, 06:07:37 PM »
"there are brigades out there getting their 2nd 34P"
Which brigades are these?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 17, 2012, 06:55:00 PM »
From what i have been told, a brigade in Strathalbyn group, and one in East Torrens groupto replace 2000 era 24P's in those brigades
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline vsteve01

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 17, 2012, 07:32:00 PM »
From what i have been told, a brigade in Strathalbyn group, and one in East Torrens groupto replace 2000 era 24P's in those brigades

The strath group would be strath24p. Others due for replacement would be Clayton and Black fellows but they would be rural 2/3-4s

flyonthewall

« Reply #3264 on: February 17, 2012, 07:45:28 PM »

Posted on: Today at 05:30:19 PMPosted by: Alan (Big Al) 

MFS: *CFSRES INC0076 17/02/12 17:14 RESPOND VEHICLE FIRE INC LPG, HEASLIP RD EDINBURGH,MAP:ADL 50 F11,TG 102, == SMOKE AND FLAME ISSUING IN CAB. JUST NORTH OF RAILWAY :ELZ331 ELZ339 R2 KUIPER VIRG19 VIRG24 : -

MEMBERS, PLEASE NOTE, MFS DID NOT ATTEND THIS CAR FIRE, THEY PUT A STOP ON THEMSELVES. DONT BELIEVE EVERYTHING YOU READ ON THE PAGER.IF AVAILABLE RESPOND TO STN

Dont know about anyone else but this just screams to me "oh look MFS are responding into our area so i wont bother responding"

Sounds to me like a case of ...

That is so far out of our area (MFS) it's ridiculous.

pumprescue

« Reply #3265 on: February 17, 2012, 08:19:11 PM »
Huh, it's right on the boundary, Virginia are just having a cry....mongs

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 17, 2012, 08:27:46 PM »

The strath group would be strath24p. Others due for replacement would be Clayton and Black fellows but they would be rural 2/3-4s

Yup Strath and Athelstone 24P's going.  Would like to hear a good justification from Region as to why ours appears to not be on any replacement list for the forseeable future.

Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 17, 2012, 08:41:51 PM »
Well i suppose if they (MFS) are claiming the RAAF base fence as their boundary it would be but no.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

misterteddy

« Reply #3268 on: February 17, 2012, 09:44:37 PM »

Posted on: Today at 05:30:19 PMPosted by: Alan (Big Al) 

Sounds to me like a case of ...

That is so far out of our area (MFS) it's ridiculous.

Actually, I read it as a case of the originator of the page having a go at those in his Brigade for not responding because the page had the MFS on it. He informed them that the MFS did not in fact attend and could they please respond in the future regardless of who is on the page.
What was it one of u guys said about all the bagging/point-scoring etc that is aimed at neighboring Brigades being the crux of all that is wrong with the CFS??.....  :lol:

pumprescue

« Reply #3269 on: February 17, 2012, 11:59:23 PM »
Well i suppose if they (MFS) are claiming the RAAF base fence as their boundary it would be but no.

Still don't see your point, it's not well out of MFS area?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3270 on: February 21, 2012, 02:30:42 PM »
reedy creek, tilley swamp, the vehicle replacement program is a shambles, there are brigades out there getting their 2nd 34P, yet there are brigades like mine still trying to fit our rcr gear on our 24P and continually trying to add extra space for it, we train weekly with 20-30 members, never fail to get out the door in a timely manner, and yet we keep getting looked over when all brigades as busy or even a little quieter had theirs replaced ages ago..

We keep getting told of the risk we cover but we are asked to cover it in an appliance that is literally falling to bits, the plumbing needs to be fixed up, it need a refurb basically and once again CFS dont want to know about it

Cmon CFS  lift your game, Your an absolute joke at the moment.

Attention all, get some balls and slap a Hazard Notice on it if it's that bad :evil:

They can't sack you for it, and it will only come to the fore if an accident happens as a result, too many things swept under the carpet :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: February 29, 2012, 07:29:40 PM »
29-02-12 20:48:19   CFS Members Instruction: No CFS members are to place information relating to incidents on Facebook or social sites. Chaffey GO - CFS Chaffey Group Info

Needs be a statewide thing I reckon!

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: February 29, 2012, 07:35:40 PM »
29-02-12 20:48:19   CFS Members Instruction: No CFS members are to place information relating to incidents on Facebook or social sites. Chaffey GO - CFS Chaffey Group Info

Needs be a statewide thing I reckon!

Depends what it is I think. Have some respect and use your brain and you'll be right

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: March 01, 2012, 07:30:33 AM »
After every job I always put on FB "Well done to the CFS crews today" or something similar. I think it's impotant people know we are out and about...after all they can see much more than that on the CFS FB page, the CFS website or the paging site. It's not appropriate to put up specific details tho. As mentioned, use you brain and you'll be right. We have a simple Brigade Rule regarding this stuff which seems to work fine.  The draft media policy has everyone scared they won't be able to vent on social media sites instead of actually going thru proper channels  :wink:

Offline FlameTrees

• View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: March 01, 2012, 07:33:18 AM »
Maybe we could condense COSO's to "CFS Volunteers will be seen but not heard, and where possible, not being seen is preferable".
"is that negative as in yes, or negative as in no" - actual radio transmission from the field.......