Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4559173 times)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #225 on: October 10, 2007, 12:32:58 PM »
1909332 10:29:05 10-10-07 MFS: INC # 34 - 10/10/07 10:30,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,INGLEWOOD (SE) ,INGLEWOOD (SE), MAP 0 0 0 ,,CAR ROLL OVER, NO ENTRAP, ADEL - MANNUM,ROAD, 2KM PAST INGLEWOOD TOWARDS,CHAIN OF PONDS,5968*CFSRES: CFS Bordertown Response
Thats a long drive for Bordertown. Mack, you may be right with someone fiddling in town. We have found one week we get responded somewhere (in our area) and the next week we dont. Bizzare happenings up in town unless its operators just having some "manual input" into responses?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 10, 2007, 12:49:07 PM »
INGLEWOOD (SE) ,INGLEWOOD (SE)

would have been the trigger which put bordertown onto that job...just some input error...since theres probably a Inglewood in the SE too.

Just like theres Oakbank in the Hills  and a Oakbank in Region 3 or 4 (pretty much middle of nowhere tho hehe)

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 10, 2007, 03:31:40 PM »
Have had the same problem as well one minute were responded somewhere for something and then a week later a different brigade goes for the same place  :|
Lt. Goolwa CFS

ltdan

« Reply #228 on: October 10, 2007, 08:26:12 PM »
Quite interesting to see what is happening, I am wondering if some data for the SACAD is being placed into Boms etc which is causing some of these problems.  I am aware that this was the plan with the BOMS brigades.  Not sure if this has occurred yet. This could be why we might have some of these unusual responses.

rescue5271

« Reply #229 on: October 11, 2007, 07:00:56 AM »
well they have not collected any data yet for SACAD so they better start pulling there finger and get to work.....

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 11, 2007, 08:44:37 AM »
Yes they have, back in Febuary or March they did :)....i believe it was probably region 1 and 2 they were doing at the time.

It involved a large print map,  and precise boundary drawing of primary and dual response area's.  and probably more but i cant remember  :roll:.

At that time we had discussions with neighbouring brigades/groups on exactly where the line meets to avoid future politics.  :wink:.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007, 08:47:19 AM by Zippy »

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 11, 2007, 09:00:31 AM »
1905686 08:18:00 11-10-07 MESSAGE ONLY 701 IS NOW OFF LINE RETURNING TO ADELAIDE REPLACEMENT ARRIVING, THIS AFTER NOON MFS Mt Gambier Response

Heres an interesting pager message any idea why 701 is returning to Adelaide  :| :?
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Comms

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 11, 2007, 09:24:44 AM »
I can see how this would have happenned as 'Mannum rd Inglewood' is not in Boms.

You are correct Zippy, if 'Adelaide to Mannum rd' is entered Hermitage is reconmended although looking at the map Paracombe may have been better. Rescue would have been selected from the map and probably would have been Tea Tree Gully. Would this have been correct?

As for the concept of fiddling responses, that is ridiculous. We do our best with information the caller provides and the resources available to provide the right response for any incident. Bring on SACAD!

I hope this helps.

Offline Hicksflat14

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 11, 2007, 10:48:18 AM »
more of a strange response...

MFS: INC # 43 - 10/10/07 11:27,RESPOND RCR,OLAVE HILL RD,HAWTHORNDENE, MAP 155 F 10 ,,NEAR INTERSECTION OF TURNERS RD. SINGLE VEHICLE ROLLOVER.,4719 8424
9019*CFSRES:

then

MFS: INC # 43 - 10/10/07 11:30,RESPOND RCR,OLAVE HILL RD,HAWTHORNDENE, MAP 155 F 10 ,,NEAR TURNERS AVE. SINGLE VEHICLE ROLLOVER. ASSIST BLACKWOOD,4924*CFSRES:

should of been 4719 & 4924 to begin with...

have to wonder if some data has been rejiggled lately without consultation with all groups/parties when ya see differant/strange responses going down...

Negative to both of those. That response was correct and as per agreements. Responses aren't specified per street, the response is specified by a zone and the zone is then assigned to a street.
Olave Hill Road Hawthorndene is in the same response zone as Upper Sturt Road Upper Sturt. Since Upper Sturt Road is so long the response for a RCR has been defined as being rescue from Blackwood and Stirling with fire cover from Upper Sturt. So what happened was exactly what it is set in the computer system and agreed to. If it was Turners Ave cnr Olave Hill Road then that would be the 4719 & 4924 response.

So its not strange at all when you actually know what has happened and has been agreed to. SACAD wont change or reduce these "strange" responses. Infact all this discussion goes to prove my point that humans/locals can take more factors into account and can make better decisions than a generic computer response spat out from a data base. This is why any future system needs the flexability for a response/ upgrade to be defined by a human/local at response time.

You all want it both ways. First off you complain when its not as per the database, then you complain when it is done as per the database.
You should just chill a bit over this fanatical response precision. You cant have operators that know every bend and landmark and it cant all be incorporated into a database be it BOMS or SACAD.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 11, 2007, 11:38:27 AM »
I realise all of that HF14, but there is no denying it is a strange response no matter the zone... im not havintg a dig, i actually realise how the systems work, just didnt realise it was the same zone, seems odd.

sorry mate ;)

yellow tag is incident location per page

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 11, 2007, 11:39:05 AM »
wow that pics come up crap hey  :roll:

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 11, 2007, 12:52:03 PM »
I can see how this would have happenned as 'Mannum rd Inglewood' is not in Boms.

You are correct Zippy, if 'Adelaide to Mannum rd' is entered Hermitage is reconmended although looking at the map Paracombe may have been better. Rescue would have been selected from the map and probably would have been Tea Tree Gully. Would this have been correct?

As for the concept of fiddling responses, that is ridiculous. We do our best with information the caller provides and the resources available to provide the right response for any incident. Bring on SACAD!

I hope this helps.

hehe..just hope the caller states the approximate suburb of the incident otherwise ull be responding pretty much every brigade along that road  :wink:.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 11, 2007, 12:56:29 PM »
I realise all of that HF14, but there is no denying it is a strange response no matter the zone... im not havintg a dig, i actually realise how the systems work, just didnt realise it was the same zone, seems odd.

sorry mate ;)

yellow tag is incident location per page

easy fix mate....google maps  ;)

uniden

« Reply #238 on: October 11, 2007, 06:15:17 PM »
1905686 08:18:00 11-10-07 MESSAGE ONLY 701 IS NOW OFF LINE RETURNING TO ADELAIDE REPLACEMENT ARRIVING, THIS AFTER NOON MFS Mt Gambier Response

Heres an interesting pager message any idea why 701 is returning to Adelaide  :| :?

For some alterations. New Air Conditioner for the back part of the cab and some new seals for the pump.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 11, 2007, 09:57:30 PM »
Oh so that's the truck i seen driving past on my way to Mount Gambier this morning  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

rescue5271

« Reply #240 on: October 12, 2007, 06:04:56 AM »
Must not have a big fuel tank stoped in Naracoorte and filled up then off he want,would have been a nice day for a drive to the city......

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: October 12, 2007, 09:55:58 AM »
More than likely the 701 driver filled up before he left Mount Gambier and only topped up in Naracoorte  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Jono

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: October 12, 2007, 05:23:04 PM »
16:47:05   12-10-07   PLS PH JOSEPHINE SPECK - CITY OF PROSPECT 83428113 OR 0400676426 RE FASHION FOOD AND WINE FAIR NEED 6 FIREMEN TO ASSIST THE MODELS - HAVE SPOKEN WITH MARK SIDERSTROM RE THIS MFS

Pick me, Pick me.....  :-D
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

ltdan

« Reply #243 on: October 12, 2007, 08:41:19 PM »
more of a strange response...

MFS: INC # 43 - 10/10/07 11:27,RESPOND RCR,OLAVE HILL RD,HAWTHORNDENE, MAP 155 F 10 ,,NEAR INTERSECTION OF TURNERS RD. SINGLE VEHICLE ROLLOVER.,4719 8424
9019*CFSRES:

then

MFS: INC # 43 - 10/10/07 11:30,RESPOND RCR,OLAVE HILL RD,HAWTHORNDENE, MAP 155 F 10 ,,NEAR TURNERS AVE. SINGLE VEHICLE ROLLOVER. ASSIST BLACKWOOD,4924*CFSRES:

should of been 4719 & 4924 to begin with...

have to wonder if some data has been rejiggled lately without consultation with all groups/parties when ya see differant/strange responses going down...

Negative to both of those. That response was correct and as per agreements. Responses aren't specified per street, the response is specified by a zone and the zone is then assigned to a street.
Olave Hill Road Hawthorndene is in the same response zone as Upper Sturt Road Upper Sturt. Since Upper Sturt Road is so long the response for a RCR has been defined as being rescue from Blackwood and Stirling with fire cover from Upper Sturt. So what happened was exactly what it is set in the computer system and agreed to. If it was Turners Ave cnr Olave Hill Road then that would be the 4719 & 4924 response.

So its not strange at all when you actually know what has happened and has been agreed to. SACAD wont change or reduce these "strange" responses. Infact all this discussion goes to prove my point that humans/locals can take more factors into account and can make better decisions than a generic computer response spat out from a data base. This is why any future system needs the flexability for a response/ upgrade to be defined by a human/local at response time.

You all want it both ways. First off you complain when its not as per the database, then you complain when it is done as per the database.
You should just chill a bit over this fanatical response precision. You cant have operators that know every bend and landmark and it cant all be incorporated into a database be it BOMS or SACAD.

HF 14

The Rescue Dual Response was an initiave by Upper Sturt CFS and Sturt Group and was agreed by The Lofty Group.

Unfortunately at this stage the dual Rescue response has not been occuring at all times.  But the dual response has been occuring as Upper Sturt and Sturt Group have been responding the appropriate responses on acknowledgement of the page.

At this stage the co-operation and commitment by brigades and groups involved in this response area have been making it work well for the community they serve.

I believe by all parties the responses are working well, adequate and correct resources are being responded in the overall situation.  Their is a good working relationship between Upper Sturt, Sturt Group and Lofty Group and in this response zone and I believe this relationship will continue and get stronger in future.

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2007, 04:48:57 PM »
1908870 15:26:50 15-10-07 MFS: INC # 51 - 15/10/07 15:26,RESPOND GRASS FIRE,MOORES RD,NORTON SUMMIT, MAP 121 Q 1 ,,ASSIST DEH, BURNOFF SPOTTING, ENTER VIA MORIALTA PARK,10824 9419*CFSRES: CFS East Torrens Group Officers Response

Maybe yesterday wasn't such a good day to do a HR Burn :|
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2007, 04:53:51 PM »
it sounds like it's going a bit to quick on the scanner :oops:

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: October 15, 2007, 11:18:06 PM »
Going.. Going... GONE!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: October 16, 2007, 01:32:08 AM »
definately! not the best week to have done a HR burn.   that spot fire was enough to get our hair raised and set up for burnover...then it just died lol.

rescue5271

« Reply #248 on: October 16, 2007, 07:16:43 AM »
Just show's you all how dry the bush is and  its not summer yet....

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: October 16, 2007, 08:49:40 AM »
removed... :-P

anything