Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4548892 times)

rescue5271

Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #375 on: December 09, 2007, 02:10:27 PM »
1909181 12:21:26 09-12-07 DISAPPOINTING RESPONSE AGAIN FOR ROSEWORTHY CREW STRIKE TEAM FOR MONDAY THEREFORE CANCELLED. CFS Roseworthy Info

Maybe no one wants to go as they have work/family/business commitments if these fires are going to drag on and affect our resources(members) then time to call in out side help.  this kind of pager message is not needed and some members might take offence!!!!!!!

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: December 09, 2007, 05:34:09 PM »
Is there an echo in this thread?

rescue5271

« Reply #377 on: December 09, 2007, 05:39:47 PM »
I did not see it already on there at the time....It is good to see that CFA/TASSIE and NSW along with MFS are now coming into help along with one skycrane from Victoria

Offline Smokeydk

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: December 09, 2007, 06:41:21 PM »

May I ask where the pager messages people are posting are from..I seem to have lost the Site??

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: December 09, 2007, 08:02:35 PM »
Is there an echo in this thread?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: December 10, 2007, 06:54:11 AM »

May I ask where the pager messages people are posting are from..I seem to have lost the Site??

Here you go smokey
http://www.sacfs.org/paging/

or
[link removed - no longer working]
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:30:49 AM by CFS_Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline Smokeydk

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: December 10, 2007, 06:57:47 AM »

Thanks Mate....noted, I felt out of the loop....^5s, our brigade as crew on KI.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: December 14, 2007, 10:22:08 AM »
MFS: INC # 42 - 14/12/07 11:38,RESPOND RCR,TWENTYTHIRD ST,RENMARK, MAP 0 0 0 ,,2 CAR MVA CNR STURT HWY,NIL ENTRAPMENTS FROM SAAS,REN029 REN618*CFSRES: MFS Renmark Response

MFS: FROM SAAS - PERSONS MAY BE TRAPPED CFSRES MFS Renmark Response

Hmmm okay so which is it :-o
Images are copyright

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: December 14, 2007, 12:08:53 PM »
They were a slight entrapment Renmark got them out after they got a crew - not too serious I was told both PT's out of vehicle before we arrived.
I was notified of the requirement to respond a minute or so before the page below:-
1918237 11:45:41 14-12-07 MFS: INC # 42 - 14/12/07 11:45,RESPOND RCR,TWENTYTHIRD ST,RENMARK, MAP 0 0 0 ,,CNR STURT H/WAY..RENMARK PROBLEMS GETTING CREW,BRI029*CFSRES: SES Berri
So can only go by what I was told over the radio.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: December 17, 2007, 06:56:12 AM »
05:09:00   17-12-07   THANKS everybody only ONE person has turned up for this call you are making it very easy for MFS to move in. Seaford Captain - SEAFORD STATION CFS Seaford Info

:-o :-o :-o :-o

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: December 17, 2007, 09:56:38 AM »
And people want to take rescue tasks off us - what can I say.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:34:03 AM by chook »
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: December 17, 2007, 09:57:56 AM »
maybe no one was available at all..people do need sleep before work in the morning...Defaulting isnt the death knell.

fighting against MFS just for a rubbish fire...ehhh im sure they would have it in hand b4 the CFS truck was mobile.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2007, 10:00:28 AM by Zippy »

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: December 17, 2007, 10:40:54 AM »
No its not, however when elements with in CFS/SAMFS are constantly pushing for the demise of SES Rescue then it should be an indication that such plans are potentially dangerous
1908931 11:15:47 17-12-07 MFS: INC # 38 - 17/12/07 11:15,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,BAY TCE,PENNESHAW, MAP 0 0 0 ,,NEAR THE FERRY - CAR VS FENCE,PENN00*CFSRES: CFS KI Group Officers Response
1908937 11:15:45 17-12-07 MFS: INC # 38 - 17/12/07 11:15,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,BAY TCE,PENNESHAW, MAP 0 0 0 ,,NEAR THE FERRY - CAR VS FENCE,PENN00*CFSRES: CFS Penneshaw Response
1908931 11:29:30 17-12-07 MFS: RESCUE 51 REQUIRES A LANDING SITE FOR HELECOPTER AT PENNESHAW - PLEASE ADVISE ADELAIDE FIRE OF LOCATION 17/12/2007 11:29:17 AM CFS KI Group Officers Response
1908937 11:29:28 17-12-07 MFS: RESCUE 51 REQUIRES A LANDING SITE FOR HELECOPTER AT PENNESHAW - PLEASE ADVISE ADELAIDE FIRE OF LOCATION 17/12/2007 11:29:17 AM CFS Penneshaw Response
No rescue again?
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: December 17, 2007, 11:59:27 AM »
An MFS appliance was also sent to this call at 1121 Hrs...not sure if they had rescue gear on board.....?

However, even if they did have rescue gear, the set down protocols for that area are not being followed.....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline captain

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: December 17, 2007, 12:39:50 PM »
OK yeah sure it was only a small rubbish fire (infact play equipment i think in the end) and it was in MFS area (just). So does that make it OK for my crew to lay in bed and make the call not to go, just because it might be some crappy little rubbish fire, and MFS might beat us there, so what. The pager has gone off for a reason what ever it might be, how do any of my crew know that the Christies units might be doing at that time, they might be committed with a Fixed Alarm or a MVA else were in their own area and require our help. My personal thoughts are, we get too much info on the pagers and crews make up their minds weather to get out of bed or not, if it was a call for an MVA or a domestic I bet I could have had 2 units on the road no problems. Bring back the old link pagers I say (a tone and a red flashing light) back then we could get 2 units on the road and have 2 relief crew at the station on standby. AHHH bring back the good old days.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: December 17, 2007, 01:27:25 PM »
Yep I would be filtered too - good on you!
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Jimmy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: December 17, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
With regards to the KI RCR,

SES have a dedicated vehicle and crew on the island based at Pandana Basecamp for the duration of the fires so they can relieve local crews. They will not be responded by pager, instead directly by phone or radio (or even tapping them on the shoulder) by SES Command. Although Kingscote SES is still active and Penneshaw would be their area normally (??) I'm sure the SES rescue truck also went.

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: December 17, 2007, 03:22:04 PM »
I believe Kingscote SES is the rescue response for that area...besides, anything at Parndana is about a 40 minute or so drive......

Interesting tho', there was a crash part way between American River & Penneshaw last night (Sunday night)- both CFS & SES in attendance, but I can't find a pager message for either.....so the radio / phone contact might have been the way things were done...

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: December 17, 2007, 05:31:16 PM »
OK yeah sure it was only a small rubbish fire (infact play equipment i think in the end) and it was in MFS area (just). So does that make it OK for my crew to lay in bed and make the call not to go, just because it might be some crappy little rubbish fire, and MFS might beat us there, so what. The pager has gone off for a reason what ever it might be, how do any of my crew know that the Christies units might be doing at that time, they might be committed with a Fixed Alarm or a MVA else were in their own area and require our help. My personal thoughts are, we get too much info on the pagers and crews make up their minds weather to get out of bed or not, if it was a call for an MVA or a domestic I bet I could have had 2 units on the road no problems. Bring back the old link pagers I say (a tone and a red flashing light) back then we could get 2 units on the road and have 2 relief crew at the station on standby. AHHH bring back the good old days.

They are still Volunteers.

You keep sending pager messages like that, and you won't have members. . Even harder to respond then.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: December 17, 2007, 05:51:15 PM »
I tend to agree.....

I always have believed that it is better to value what time can be given rather than ridicule people for not giving what you may expect.

By actively thanking people for what they can give I have found they in turn want to give more. It takes time but you can turn the tide..... :-)

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: December 17, 2007, 06:29:37 PM »
But these people who are not turning up are the same people that where screaming blue murder when all the whole seaford MFS thing started, you cant jump up and down trying to defend your brigades existence one week then role over and not rock up to jobs the next.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: December 17, 2007, 06:37:05 PM »
.. & granted.. - However I don't think messages like the one shown, are the method to improve response / crew issues!

rescue5271

« Reply #397 on: December 17, 2007, 06:42:27 PM »
Well if members are not willing to get out of bed for all type of call outs and only want to go to the ggod one then there is a need for the action that was taken..Good on their captain for doing it....Time members if able to attend call outs stopped selecting what they want to go to....Its the same with fixed alarms at 3am in winter no one wants to get out of bed but one day there will be a working job from a fixed alarm....

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: December 17, 2007, 07:02:04 PM »
My opinion still stands. - Treat vollies like that, and you won't have them for long.

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: December 17, 2007, 07:19:31 PM »
My opinion still stands. - Treat vollies like that, and you won't have them for long.

Maybe not, but odds on that the thoughts of the vollies when they saw the response message were "ah, we always get a crew, someone else will get this one." and back to sleep they go.

Sometimes it pays to remind members that 'someone else' won't always get there.

anything