Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4548625 times)

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #725 on: February 19, 2008, 08:22:01 AM »
The whole idea of the pager is to get you to the station
The whole idea of radios in the truck is so you can find out more information?
Easy??

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: February 19, 2008, 08:37:00 AM »
Easy??

ah but it is funny asking them for more info, and they reply "refer to your pager for all information for this incident".

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: February 19, 2008, 08:45:17 AM »
Easy??

An alternative is to pickup the telephone in the station or brigade mobile telephone to gain more information, rather than use a GRN talkgroup. Can be quicker to discuss & clarify than 'waiting for over & out'.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: February 19, 2008, 08:52:55 AM »
ah but it is funny asking them for more info, and they reply "refer to your pager for all information for this incident".

So if a person rings up and says "I can see some smoke at the end of my street, and I can smell burning" you get turned out to "Smoke in area XXXX street" Commcen may not have anymore information. Sometimes the cause of smoke is not obvious at all, so "Smoke in area" is a rather acceptable reason to be paged.

Perhaps the confusion has come from "Smoke in area" being the BOMS response type, yet SOCC putting "Smoke sighting" in certain pages to certain brigades?

I still don't understand why people are having so much trouble grasping the fact that Smoke in area and Smoke sighting are the same thing. They both mean someone has seen some smoke as is unsure of its origin. Its not rocket science. If someone can see what is burning then isn't it paged as "Grass fire/Domestic fire" etc etc? YES.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: February 19, 2008, 09:13:39 AM »
I still don't understand why people are having so much trouble grasping the fact that Smoke in area and Smoke sighting are the same thing. They both mean someone has seen some smoke as is unsure of its origin. Its not rocket science. If someone can see what is burning then isn't it paged as "Grass fire/Domestic fire" etc etc? YES.

NO NUMBERS!!!!!!!!

BOMs should have thousands of codes, one for every single possible incident that may occur.....
i can see it now, "respond grey smoke plume" "respond hazy smoke in area" "respond white puffy bits"

sarcasm very much intended.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: February 19, 2008, 10:28:37 AM »

So if a person rings up and says "I can see some smoke at the end of my street, and I can smell burning" you get turned out to "Smoke in area XXXX street" Commcen may not have anymore information. Sometimes the cause of smoke is not obvious at all, so "Smoke in area" is a rather acceptable reason to be paged.

Perhaps the confusion has come from "Smoke in area" being the BOMS response type, yet SOCC putting "Smoke sighting" in certain pages to certain brigades?

But for a RCR more information can be available than will fit on a single pager message. Even for the 'tree down' jobs we can also have extra information. For example, street access information, contact details, risks (powerlines), etc.

Some taskings no further information is available...
Andrew Macmichael

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: February 19, 2008, 10:53:49 AM »
But for a RCR more information can be available than will fit on a single pager message. Even for the 'tree down' jobs we can also have extra information. For example, street access information, contact details, risks (powerlines), etc.

Some taskings no further information is available...

Of course that can be the case. I was just suggesting to Zippy that its quite possible for there to be no more information than is on the page. RCR are a little different, I always make a point of asking if Comms can confirm persons trapped at the very least.

Mack, I'd be a fan of "Dark grey smoke issuing from the combustion of the contents of a room in a domestic dwelling." :D
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Crownie24

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: February 19, 2008, 11:11:21 AM »

Yeah mabye the smoke in area page was always a part of BOMS, I was mistaken (thought BOMS was SOC) tho SOC did page smoke sighting.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: February 19, 2008, 11:49:28 AM »
Yeah mabye the smoke in area page was always a part of BOMS, I was mistaken (thought BOMS was SOC) tho SOC did page smoke sighting.

no problems mate, the old pages from SOCC were typed in airsource. Therefore they were able to put whatever they felt like into the message. Where as BOMs uses pre-determined incident types, which leads to the famoous "Respond TO" for when they dont quite suit.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: February 19, 2008, 01:04:39 PM »
...There was even "Tractor Rollover"...in MFS terms thats a MVA...typically MVA's are found on the road, but this rollover occured on a farm...so it could be a "Rescue General"  ;)

MVA = Motor Vehicle Accident.  A tractor is a motor vehicle, an unintentional rollover is an accident.
At no point does MVA = a road job, just as tractor rollover wouldn't mean a farm job, because it could also be on the road...

Incident type is general, the specifics come in the extra information.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: February 19, 2008, 01:32:11 PM »
A tractor rollover should be classed as a farm accident  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: February 19, 2008, 02:39:41 PM »

What if it didn't happen on a farm?

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: February 19, 2008, 02:53:18 PM »

What if it didn't happen on a farm?

What if the tractor was being transported on the road,on the back of a truck and rolled off the truck ,killing a man that was wearing a "i luv tractors" t shirt?
Would he be a extractorfan ,haha I crack me up :-D oh well he probably sucked anyway.

Cheers Jaff
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: February 19, 2008, 03:36:07 PM »
I'm with you Jaff!!!!! :-D
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline Trav

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: February 19, 2008, 04:57:06 PM »
I did a search and answered my first Q, what SAIR55 means...
but what does TG182 mean?

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: February 19, 2008, 05:13:52 PM »
TG = Talk Group

it tells the brigades which channels to communicate on.

so TG182 means Talk Group 182

Offline Jimmy_91

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • Southern Yorke CFS Group
« Reply #741 on: February 19, 2008, 06:37:45 PM »
1919371 18:55:18 19-02-08 MFS: CFSRES: PINNAROO RESPOND MVA, TRUCK TRAILER ROLLOVER, LOXTON RD, APPROX 15 KM FROM PINNAROO, SHEEP ON ROAD 19/02/2008 6:55:08 PM CFS Pinnaroo Response

:? :? :?   How come it was like this???

30 seconds down the track, it comes like this

1919371 18:55:46 19-02-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC088 19/02/08 18:54,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,LOXTON ,LOXTON MAP 0 0 0 TG193,12K NORTH OF PINAROO DRIVER OUT - SHEEP,ON RD.,PINN19 CFS Pinnaroo Response
Stewart Germaine
Minlaton CFS

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: February 19, 2008, 07:15:13 PM »
The first page looks incomplete, doesnt have incident number, doesnt have talk group and doesnt have name of appliance responding?

comms may have done first one, then had to edit cos not complete,
or 1 may have come from adelaide fire and the other from group??

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: February 19, 2008, 07:33:02 PM »
That would have been two different Comm's operators not knowing what eachother was doing.

and my bet is the AIRSOURCE page was done by a Ex CFS OCO ;)...somewhere in our audience ;)

Remember...URGMSG activates our fire sirens, and it seems only a few operators know that ;)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 07:34:47 PM by Zippy_Filter'ed »

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: February 19, 2008, 07:48:44 PM »
yeah i didnt know that about urgmsg, so your saying it sets of the fire siren at the station? thats cool... lol

What is airsource?

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: February 19, 2008, 08:06:20 PM »
Paging software for computers Footy, We don't use it any more as the company does not exist anymore.
We now use Netpro - its good.
cheers
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 06:04:32 AM by chook »
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: February 21, 2008, 10:00:25 PM »
17:29:43 21-02-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC048 21/02/08 17:29,RESPOND Vehicle Fire,PARA RD,EVANSTON MAP 33 G 3 TG182,AMBULANCE ON FIRE,GAW359 ELZ331 MFS Elizabeth 331 Response

Not another Sprinter :-o
Images are copyright

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: February 22, 2008, 10:13:47 AM »
05:53:45 22-02-08 Millicent SES:Respond to Mount Gambier for tasking. for details contact MTG HQ - Fron <name> SES Wattle Range Response

I know a Gale Warning was issued at 11:25am by the Bureau for that area, but cannot see much else on the pager.

I am guessing that the tasking (or multiple taskings) are being handled all within Mt Gambier via GRN rather than pager.

I hope everything is OK.
Andrew Macmichael

uniden

« Reply #748 on: February 22, 2008, 02:34:58 PM »
Would have been to assist with the MVA clean up from 0020 that morning. Maybe relief crews, was a messy job apparently.

MFS: *CFSRES INC001 22/02/08 00:17,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,PENOLA RD,MT GAMBIER DISTRICT MAP 000 0 0 TG226,5KMS PAST AIRPORT TOWARDS TARPEENA,TRUCK OF ROAD NO ENTRAPMENT,WNDL00 MTG029

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 22, 2008, 03:06:30 PM »
10:17:39 22-02-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC020 22/02/08 10:16,RESPOND To,STURT HWY,BARMERA MAP 0 0 0 TG203,APPROX 30M SPILL OF ANIMAL EFFLUENT CAUS,ING HAZARD OPP KINGSTON ESTATE WINERY,MORK00 CFS Moorook Response

Yuck lucky them  :lol: :-D