Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4559498 times)

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #1050 on: August 09, 2008, 01:58:52 PM »
Maybe the crews turned out to number 43, couldnt see anything then went home, but didnt realise the dirty big car sticking out of the side of the wall next door... lol

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: August 09, 2008, 02:05:50 PM »
or the house is now located at number 44 due to the big shunt from the car?
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: August 09, 2008, 02:17:10 PM »
That would mean it has been shunted across the road :-D

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: August 10, 2008, 09:30:52 PM »
Quite simple - no fire no smoke no entrapment - SAMFS/CFSSA not interested!
Big hole in wall, looks dangerous, residents concerned that further damage may occur - SAPOL interested! (think public safety :wink: ).
Just remember that SESSA are the Lead Agency for structural damage therefore any decision to Stop a crew should be left to the SES DO.
If it were me I would be putting in a grievance form, so correct protocols can be developed & followed. And at the end of the day SAPOL are the coordinating authority so before any team is stood down or Stop called wouldn't it make sense to ask them first?
Just my thoughts
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: August 10, 2008, 09:49:28 PM »
Bit hard, when ya cant contact the SES crews/appliances directly easily.  Sturt SES seems to be the only SES brigade that have a SACFS/MFS radio on there appliances.  For the rest,  its just directly to Adelaide Fire to communicate information.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2008, 09:52:29 PM by Zippy »

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: August 10, 2008, 09:56:29 PM »
Yep a very stupid decision that was made by our service chiefs when GRN was introduced!
And the same situation will continue until the heads of the Fire services officially acknowledge the role of the SESSA & the SESSA start planning for stuff other than USARCat2.
Similar organisations in NSW can talk to each other with a push of a button on their GRN handsets.
It is a very poor state of affairs when we can't talk to each oth by radio!.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: August 10, 2008, 10:05:51 PM »
Quite simple - no fire no smoke no entrapment - SAMFS/CFSSA not interested!
Big hole in wall, looks dangerous, residents concerned that further damage may occur - SAPOL interested! (think public safety :wink: ).
Just remember that SESSA are the Lead Agency for structural damage therefore any decision to Stop a crew should be left to the SES DO.

Not so Ken.

Structural damage equates to being a USAR, which SAMFS & SASES are both listed as control agencies for.

Your point would remain valid however if this were a SACFS/SASES response.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: August 10, 2008, 10:13:54 PM »
Yep fair call :oops: However I have noticed that the fire services tend not to worry about temp shoring if there is no entrapment where as SES will shore to prevent further damage.
But this seems to be happening a fair bit, hopefully the problem will be soughted sooner rather than latter.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: August 10, 2008, 11:08:37 PM »
Good luck getting anything sorted with the MFS, anyways all i wanted to know if it was the same job cause they happened a fair while after each other, ie 3am amd 824am and they dont carry the same incident number either.
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: August 11, 2008, 11:09:54 AM »
Bit hard, when ya cant contact the SES crews/appliances directly easily.  Sturt SES seems to be the only SES brigade that have a SACFS/MFS radio on there appliances.  For the rest,  its just directly to Adelaide Fire to communicate information.

That is because Sturt are the airstrip crew for Cherry Gardens Zippy :wink:

Easy way to solve that is tell Adelaide Fire to get them to go to a Multi Agency Talkgroup eg TG037 for communicating with us.Alternatively have a STOP CALL page sent via Adelaide Fire :wink:   
Images are copyright

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: August 11, 2008, 12:08:05 PM »
And the same situation will continue until the heads of the Fire services officially acknowledge the role of the SESSA & the SESSA start planning for stuff other than USARCat2.
The fire services acknowledged the SES's role with storm damage, and look where that got the community (atleast in the metro area). We now have a degraded capability to respond to storm and tempest incidents, with jobs backing up until the SES decided to invite the fire services to help, by which time there is already a ridiculous backlog of work to be done.

Similar organisations in NSW can talk to each other with a push of a button on their GRN handsets.
It is a very poor state of affairs when we can't talk to each oth by radio!.
cheers
I was under the impression that this was an issue country wide, with most agencies unable to talk to each other unless by local arrangement or on a multi-agency/disaster recovery channel?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: August 11, 2008, 02:41:48 PM »

CFS is well aware of these problems, and has tried to address them, but given it is an inter-agency thing it all takes time (far too long but that's govt!).  Hopefully things will change in the future (still talking at least a year or more away though).

Easy way to solve that is tell Adelaide Fire to get them to go to a Multi Agency Talkgroup eg TG037 for communicating with us.Alternatively have a STOP CALL page sent via Adelaide Fire :wink:   

037 is simplex so not that one, just request a MA talkgroup and you will be allocated one.  I have heard group officers ask Adelaide Fire for one in the past when there were multiple SES and CFS operating in the group area, it works well and should be done more often.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: August 11, 2008, 02:44:57 PM »
TG037 should work in the same manner as TG182 for MFS...you just need to be within a reasonable distance for simplex UHF communication to reach your radio.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: August 11, 2008, 03:20:57 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC039 11/08/08 14:31,RESPOND RCR,REGENCY RD,KILKENNY MAP 105 C 5 TG182,CNR TORRENS RD,18 WHEEL SEMI ROLLOVER,41

Dang!..and supposedly driver trapped.

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: August 11, 2008, 03:27:17 PM »
18 wheeler? 

whatever happened to a 40 footer?  DAMN YANKEES!!

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: August 11, 2008, 03:31:54 PM »
Maybe you are right Numbers but when I was in a NSW SES vehicle the local guy explained that if you wanted to talk to RFS push this button, NSWFB push this button, CB this button etc. Also rescue is despatched by police comms (VKG?), so interoperatability would seem more likely. And you are right Multi agency is great when its used, just takes a bit of planning to use it (i.e need to contact SAPOL comms) & people seem a bit reluctant to use it.
On the storm/ tempest thing it's legislated so the fire services acknowledging the role didn't need to happen - remember it's the control agency so any agency can be on the front line. But you are right again it's senior service members protecting turf. And thats all about protecting your funding base :wink:
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: August 11, 2008, 05:42:23 PM »
Jeez Chook (VKG)?.............havent heard that sorta thing since Paul Cronin on Matlock police back in the mid to late 70s, when he'd be belting along on his police bike uttering the classic line "VKC to Shirl" over the police radio, bout that time mum would come in the room and tell me its time to putya jimjams on and go to bed! :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: August 11, 2008, 06:19:05 PM »
We don't use the alarm response protocol anymore, its simply "Calling all cars, Calling all cars!"
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: August 11, 2008, 07:43:35 PM »
Jeez mate you & I must be the same age :-D I remember that too!
But seriously, I'm sure thats what they call police comms - I filtered you not!
(Met Paul Cronin once at a show in Melbourne when Iwas a kid :wink: )
However I will double check & get back with the correct answer.
And here it is straight from the NSW State Rescue policy 2007 "Police Communications (VKG) Rescue Coordination Officer(RCO) as soon as possible."
cheers
« Last Edit: August 11, 2008, 08:03:07 PM by chook »
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: August 12, 2008, 12:31:06 AM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC039 11/08/08 14:31,RESPOND RCR,REGENCY RD,KILKENNY MAP 105 C 5 TG182,CNR TORRENS RD,18 WHEEL SEMI ROLLOVER,41

Dang!..and supposedly driver trapped.

Not so Zippy I was there pictures you know where :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: August 12, 2008, 12:33:10 AM »

CFS is well aware of these problems, and has tried to address them, but given it is an inter-agency thing it all takes time (far too long but that's govt!).  Hopefully things will change in the future (still talking at least a year or more away though).

037 is simplex so not that one, just request a MA talkgroup and you will be allocated one.  I have heard group officers ask Adelaide Fire for one in the past when there were multiple SES and CFS operating in the group area, it works well and should be done more often.

Errrr if you read my post it was an example not gospel :-P
Images are copyright

Offline car31

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: August 12, 2008, 12:10:12 PM »
A good example of fixed alarms coming true

1909187 11:02:24 12-08-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC021 12/08/08 11:02,RESPOND ALARM 35/025,ANGLE VALE VILLAGE SHOPPING CENTRE,121 HEATHSLIP RD,ANGLE VALE MAP TG102,FIP NORTH ENTRANCE TO FOODLAND,,DALK19 VIRG19 CFS Para Group Officers Response

1909188 11:05:31 12-08-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC021 12/08/08 11:05,RESPOND COMMERCIAL FIRE,SHOP11 HEASLIP RD,ANGLE VALE MAP 31 E 9 TG102,CALL FROM PREMISES. CONFIRMED FIRE IN HA,IR SALON. 121 HEATHSLIP ROAD,DALK19 VIRG19 CFS Dalkeith Response

Offline 029

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: August 12, 2008, 01:07:23 PM »
safireservice

it was the same job as far as i know he was a hot topic at a course on the weekend

yes there was structure damage and yes there was a need for the SES and the incident is being investigated as to why a stop was put on norlunga

uniden

« Reply #1073 on: August 13, 2008, 05:46:22 PM »
1908036 17:13:37 13-08-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC042 13/08/08 17:13,RESPOND BUILD IMPACT,138 MORPHETT RD,GLENGOWRIE MAP 140 P 3 TG182,CAR PUB MORPHETT ARMS HOTEL,MIT020 STM409 CPK411 SES Metro South Response

1924962 17:13:15 13-08-08 M171 Cat2 Os138 Morphett Rd, Glengowrie 140 P3 SAAS Road Crash Research

Wrong entrance to the drive thru??

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: August 13, 2008, 06:15:57 PM »
And...

48 Contacted MFS & Police ComCen as Job details were again neglected to be sent through with task details SES Metro South Response

Ehhh....what more is there to know?  Theres a build impact..Car Vs Hotel...Morphett Arms Hotel.  Done..go!