Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4549223 times)

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #1125 on: August 17, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
Obviously not last nights, but was the bad decision a few months ago someone trying to get "airborne" heading on pimpala across panalatinga and finding a tree?
I believe that is what happened a few years ago also.

That's right, both those fatalaties involved the drivers making poor decisions and ending up in the same tree, in those cases it was to try and go twice the recommended speed and launch themselves off a slight rise in the road. Given that thousands of people drive over that same rise everyday without dying I don't think it can be blamed on the road.

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: August 17, 2008, 10:42:38 PM »
nope, your exactly right matt. I reckon the government has got the camera facing the wrong way on that intersection, needs to be for the cars going east to west over that lip...
It's only natural for people to need something to blame tho.

Offline calspec

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: August 18, 2008, 02:11:12 AM »
I travel westbound through that intersection almost every day.  Now, I am NOT suggesting that the road is to blame for the two fatals into that tree - purely driver error, but you only have to be doing 60kph heading east to get very light on your wheels, if not some good air time.  IMHO I feel that some realignment could reduce the severity of the hump, but I'm no road designer.

It only takes a little speed and not much more stupidity to risk a close encounter with that tree.  At least they could instal some armco barrier on the south side of Pimpala Rd.

It would be interesting to see some speed camera shots of west bound traffic there - would be like an episode of The Dukes of Hazzard!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: August 18, 2008, 08:22:13 AM »
Numbers, i suppose its the differance between the incident type being at the start of the message rather than somewhere hidden in the details, And with the location, its putting the exact location all in one part of the message rather than split up again.

I still have trouble understanding what it is about the MFS pages that people find so hard to comprehend. It's very simple [Incident Type][Location][Further Details] (yes its simplified). Why can't people stop and take two seconds to read the page, comprehend it, and continue?

Could the "Respond To" issue be fixed by an increase in the number of incident types?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: August 18, 2008, 10:08:53 AM »
Could the "Respond To" issue be fixed by an increase in the number of incident types?

Free Text capability would fix it...be able to do the whole "RESPOND Cows On Road, MAIN RD, KANGARILLA"

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: August 18, 2008, 10:27:35 AM »
Free Text capability would fix it...be able to do the whole "RESPOND Cows On Road, MAIN RD, KANGARILLA"

But that requires changes to the system, rather than just inputting more incident types. unless there is a cap on them.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: August 18, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
I doubt that they woulda provisioned the ability to add more incident types....it would take the same effort to give the ability to do Free Text....This is South Australia afterall...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: August 18, 2008, 02:19:51 PM »

Free Text capability would fix it...

They can input over the suggested text before paging...but do you want a quick dispatch or a slower dispatch with more infinite detail ? They also only have limited space, otherwise it is two pager messages.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

pumprescue

« Reply #1133 on: August 18, 2008, 03:23:13 PM »
Ok straight from the horses mouth ( I rang and asked) the only free text part before inputting the address is the field for the house number, it seem they have found you can type whatever you like in there, you can't free write in the street or town field. once you get to the next screen you only have a limited choice of incident types, no free write ability. once you go through the motions of inputting brigades required you then move to the next screen where you have the ability again to start typing. Once you hit send if you chose the incident type of TO and free written a job type in the street number field you get a message that comes out like so MFS: *CFSRES INC032 18/08/08 14:21,RESPOND To Oil Spill,WANDANA AV,GILLES PLAINS MAP 95 M 7 TG182,CNR N/EAST RD CAR V`S MOTORCYCLE DEBRIS,ON ROAD,BLP211

They also stated that no more money is to be spent on BOMS as its an obsolete program, it will be maintaned until CAD comes in. So we just have to put up with it for a while longer.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 03:25:14 PM by pumprescue »

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: August 18, 2008, 07:04:22 PM »
perhaps people who have questions should try organising a tour of comms for there brigade.... ;)

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: August 18, 2008, 07:28:11 PM »
Submitted the paperwork...still waiting for a response.   The people that take the bookings seem a little confused as to why anyone would want to look at Comms...!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: August 18, 2008, 10:14:34 PM »
1909366 18:45:48 18-08-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC045 18/08/08 18:45,RESPOND Vehicle Fire,KALANGADOO ,KALANGADOO MAP 0 0 0 TG231,FACTORY RD, KALANGADOO, CAR ON LPG,KALA00 PENO19 CFS Kalangadoo Response

Is it just me or does Kalangadoo seem to becoming busier with the amount of call outs we have been paged for  :-).... maybe its about time we were given a second truck or a LRT  :lol: :-P
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: August 19, 2008, 09:20:40 AM »
1909366 18:45:48 18-08-08 MFS: *CFSRES INC045 18/08/08 18:45,RESPOND Vehicle Fire,KALANGADOO ,KALANGADOO MAP 0 0 0 TG231,FACTORY RD, KALANGADOO, CAR ON LPG,KALA00 PENO19 CFS Kalangadoo Response

Is it just me or does Kalangadoo seem to becoming busier with the amount of call outs we have been paged for  :-).... maybe its about time we were given a second truck or a LRT  :lol: :-P

I would'nt worry about a second appliance if your putting out a car fire on LPG with a CO2 and a Foam extinguisher and then the HP line :-P
Images are copyright

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: August 19, 2008, 11:48:16 AM »
I wouldnt be worrying about a 2nd truck when you are only responding with 2.5 crew on the first truck.   :lol:
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: August 19, 2008, 12:36:59 PM »
perhaps people who have questions should try organising a tour of comms for there brigade.... ;)

Already been twice & will going again next month (with a different organisation)...helps when your volunteer operational space is on the third floor of MFS Wakefield St building  :-D
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Heavy Rescue

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: August 19, 2008, 06:18:27 PM »
06:48:37 19-08-08 PRIMARY ALARM, I3: FIP BUILDING 717, EL ALAMEIN ARMY CAMP ( Cultana Training Camp), 10 km WEST ON OLD WHYALLA ROAD, PORT AUGUSTA MFS Pt Augusta Response

07:00:15 19-08-08 There is a Fire call and two personnel can not take truck need more thank you MFS Pt Augusta Response

Hmmm, 12 minutes and only two people at the station and no default brigade responded, surely this is unacceptable.

In one of the other threads I thought someone said that the retained stations need to default just the same as the CFS do - it appears as though they don't think so.

I wonder if the UFU will crack the shits at the MFS and start writing reports like they did with a certain CFS brigade that struggled to get out the door.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: August 19, 2008, 06:22:57 PM »
I wouldnt be worrying about a 2nd truck when you are only responding with 2.5 crew on the first truck.   :lol:

Actually Camo we had a crew of 3 not 2.5  :roll:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: August 19, 2008, 06:29:13 PM »

Just relaying what i heard on the radio   :lol:
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: August 19, 2008, 06:52:27 PM »

Just relaying what i heard on the radio   :lol:

That might have been the message as i rocked up before the truck left the station  :-P
Kalangadoo Brigade

uniden

« Reply #1144 on: August 19, 2008, 06:59:08 PM »
This is not a mud slinging page...

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: August 19, 2008, 07:16:18 PM »
This is not a mud slinging page...

If ya cant beat em, join em  :-D

Sorry MR Uniden, Sir
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: August 19, 2008, 09:15:18 PM »
06:48:37 19-08-08 PRIMARY ALARM, I3: FIP BUILDING 717, EL ALAMEIN ARMY CAMP ( Cultana Training Camp), 10 km WEST ON OLD WHYALLA ROAD, PORT AUGUSTA MFS Pt Augusta Response

07:00:15 19-08-08 There is a Fire call and two personnel can not take truck need more thank you MFS Pt Augusta Response

Hmmm, 12 minutes and only two people at the station and no default brigade responded, surely this is unacceptable.

In one of the other threads I thought someone said that the retained stations need to default just the same as the CFS do - it appears as though they don't think so.

I wonder if the UFU will crack the filtered at the MFS and start writing reports like they did with a certain CFS brigade that struggled to get out the door.
Nah its all good, they are the MFS, no need to default as long as the red truck eventually gets there.  :wink:
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Katrina

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: August 19, 2008, 09:58:45 PM »
No mud slinging going on here, but as the person taking the notes the previous night I will back Camo up as the reponse when Kalanagadoo was about to go mobile was "with a crew of 2 1/2". Wasn't too sure who the half was and would hate to hazard a guess....  :-D
Katrina
Wattle Range
(Davi)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: August 20, 2008, 09:39:51 AM »
No mud slinging going on here, but as the person taking the notes the previous night I will back Camo up as the reponse when Kalanagadoo was about to go mobile was "with a crew of 2 1/2". Wasn't too sure who the half was and would hate to hazard a guess....  :-D

Cadet maybe :-P
Images are copyright

Offline Gungellan34

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: August 20, 2008, 03:56:30 PM »
Time to cue the Banjo now......... :-D
Just my opinion, but I'd like to hear yours!

anything