Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4549263 times)

misterteddy

Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #1350 on: November 11, 2008, 10:08:27 AM »
well.....i guess they only have themselves to blame if the response was incorrect.

Maybe they had booked offline for the duration of their training - so they handed their response roles to CFS for that particular time - most CFS Brigades do that at some stage if u have a specific drill underway.

No big deal really - or are u suggesting it is???

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 11, 2008, 10:29:52 AM »
....Had a look up at the Mt Osmond hills face while driving home from work yesterday,  the grass land looks like its 85-100% cured.....

This is the first CFS SCC activation I have seen for this fire season:

11:43:24 11-11-08 CFS: STATE LEVEL OF PREPAREDNESS RED - SCC PARTIAL ACTIVATION. INTEL COORD, MLO, HOTLINE, SCC COORD & SARC REQUIRED TO ATTEND SCC - DSC EDEN < 11/11/2008 11:43:13 PM CFS HQ Info

CFS website from CRIIMSON details 5 going fire incidents in SA. Some in the Adelaide Hills......
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 11, 2008, 10:49:31 AM »
They are "Going" till its manually updated lol....so they arent necessarily "Going".

2 Regions are just at LOP-RED, causing STATE > Red.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 10:52:05 AM by Zippy »

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 11, 2008, 11:32:54 AM »
They are "Going" till its manually updated lol....so they arent necessarily "Going".

2 Regions are just at LOP-RED, causing STATE > Red.

Thanks, so accuracy is dependant on SITREPS being timely & accurate from the field.
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 11, 2008, 11:54:16 AM »
the information on the website is pretty much 100% incorrect to what may be happening...the website status may say "going"...and may only change to completed 10 hours after its actually completed.  Its CFS SHQ who update it, only through the informtation that comes via Fire Reports or when ever the State Air Desk is operational, who essentially deals with processing these reports....etc.

Offline K55

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 11, 2008, 01:09:55 PM »
The Data on the CFS website is reproduced off of CRIIMSON which is the most up to date information contrary to Zippy's beliefs. For day to day incidents they will remain going for 2 hours after the last entry in CRIIMSON.
For most incidents the only information in CRIIMSON is the initial response and acknowledements depending on how enthusiastic the operator is. The incident summary on the website is for public information. It is not intended on being a resource tracking tool for over-enthusiastic,information craving volunteers...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 11, 2008, 01:25:15 PM »
The Data on the CFS website is reproduced off of CRIIMSON which is the most up to date information contrary to Zippy's beliefs. For day to day incidents they will remain going for 2 hours after the last entry in CRIIMSON.
For most incidents the only information in CRIIMSON is the initial response and acknowledements depending on how enthusiastic the operator is. The incident summary on the website is for public information. It is not intended on being a resource tracking tool for over-enthusiastic,information craving volunteers...

Thanks for the compliment    :roll:   But I am a computer nerd that loves to understand how the data moves through a system & thus accuracy of the presented public information, then an over-enthusiastic volunteer..

.. and I have been in emergency services long enough to know about 'resource tracking' & how hard that is. CRIIMSON contains some information (last time I accessed the Intranet website was 12 months plus ago) but never everything you need.

It will be interesting to see how the other agencies handle this facility when their new websites are launched.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2008, 01:30:27 PM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 11, 2008, 03:37:39 PM »
well.....i guess they only have themselves to blame if the response was incorrect.

Maybe they had booked offline for the duration of their training - so they handed their response roles to CFS for that particular time - most CFS Brigades do that at some stage if u have a specific drill underway.

how could they only have themselves to blame? seems like a quote without much to back it up. MFS train weekly, so dont tend to book themselves off because of a special event, e.g. training...

if you check out: MFS: *CFSRES INC080 10/11/08 21:52,RESPOND RUBBISH FIRE,DRIDAN AV,RENMARK MAP 0 0 0 TG193,LADY THROWING PETROL ON FIRE. CLOSE TO H,OUSE AND TREES. FROM LOCAL POLICE,SAIR55 REN618 MFS Renmark Response

reckon you will notice that they didnt book off for training.

Darren

« Reply #1358 on: November 11, 2008, 04:15:24 PM »
It wasn't sinister, if you ring alerts and thats what your told, what more can you do....

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 11, 2008, 05:49:49 PM »

how could they only have themselves to blame? seems like a quote without much to back it up. MFS train weekly, so dont tend to book themselves off because of a special event, e.g. training...

if you check out: MFS: *CFSRES INC080 10/11/08 21:52,RESPOND RUBBISH FIRE,DRIDAN AV,RENMARK MAP 0 0 0 TG193,LADY THROWING PETROL ON FIRE. CLOSE TO H,OUSE AND TREES. FROM LOCAL POLICE,SAIR55 REN618 MFS Renmark Response

I think the 'have themselves to blame', refers to the fact that MFS would have dispatched them, so you would think they would get it right?.. (Not suggesting it wasn't right, one can only assume there was a reason the response was different to the norm)..

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 11, 2008, 07:35:42 PM »
message understood...

misterteddy

« Reply #1361 on: November 11, 2008, 07:58:38 PM »

I think the 'have themselves to blame', refers to the fact that MFS would have dispatched them, so you would think they would get it right?.. (Not suggesting it wasn't right, one can only assume there was a reason the response was different to the norm)..

thanks fella....at least someone got it  :?

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 11, 2008, 08:24:49 PM »
And I didn't even need my thinkin' cap..  ;)

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 12, 2008, 04:50:46 AM »
The whole response to the Speedway job wasn't by the book, 1) that part of the Sturt hwy is Renmark's area both MFS & SES, 2) page asked for lighting & according to people from my old unit they assumed that Renmark was on scene already & they were just to provide lighting - very surprised when they arrived and found out they were the rescue crew.
Footy my understanding is that it would not have mattered how quick, fire cover and rescue arrived on seen, the end result would have been the same (if you get my meaning).
As been said before, its not a perfect world!
Ken
just another retard!

misterteddy

« Reply #1364 on: November 12, 2008, 05:17:37 AM »
just noticed that none of the SAAS pages are on the usual GRN paging site, from about 1800 last night, any clues nyone...nothing sinister I hope

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: November 12, 2008, 07:03:55 AM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC022 12/11/08 08:22,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,TORRENS RD,KILKENNY MAP 105 A 5 TG182,PERSON IN VEHICLE WITH POWER LINES DOWN,249 ON SCENE,31 MFS Car 31
Images are copyright

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: November 12, 2008, 08:11:01 PM »
I heard SAAS were switching to a secure link.
Anyone know any more?

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: November 13, 2008, 07:54:53 AM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC106 12/11/08 21:31,RESPOND Tree Fire,ELDER SMITH RD,MAWSON LAKES MAP 82 M 6 TG182,,SAIR55 GLO441

That's a bit far
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: November 13, 2008, 08:04:46 AM »
again..its probably doing COQ or on the Run, and is the closest available pump.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: November 13, 2008, 08:12:13 AM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC106 12/11/08 21:31,RESPOND Tree Fire,ELDER SMITH RD,MAWSON LAKES MAP 82 M 6 TG182,,SAIR55 GLO441

That's a bit far

That's next door compared with this:

MFS: *CFSRES INC113 12/11/08 21:38,RESPOND GRASS FIRE,LOCK ,LOCK MAP 0 0 0 TG011,,SAIR55 GLO441

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: November 13, 2008, 08:14:37 AM »
Lol.... the lock to their station?

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: November 13, 2008, 12:08:08 PM »
you idiot...region 6 perhaps??  :roll:

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: November 13, 2008, 12:32:20 PM »
nuh duh, man this conversation feels like its on the back of a hillbilly 34.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: November 13, 2008, 06:34:59 PM »
yep :roll:
Ken
just another retard!

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: November 14, 2008, 12:55:46 PM »
Poor Paringa, 1/6th of their yearly turnouts in a single 24hrs!
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

anything