Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4559446 times)

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #3550 on: March 15, 2013, 08:55:14 PM »
15-03-13 21:18:32   TO ALL MEMBERS - VERY POOR TURNOUT BY BRIGADE MEMBERS TO THIS JEFFERIES JOB. IM NOT IMPRESSED. CAPT. - CFS Virginia Info

#fridaynight #peoplehavelivesoutsidecfs #therestomuchofthisgoingoverpagers #getagrip #maybeoveritafterwommaroaddebacle #thatsmyrant

Offline crossy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: March 15, 2013, 09:07:44 PM »
Oh please not hashtags here aswell!  :wink:
cant prove it?? then i didnt do it......

Offline Shiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:09 PM »
15-03-13 21:18:32   TO ALL MEMBERS - VERY POOR TURNOUT BY BRIGADE MEMBERS TO THIS JEFFERIES JOB. IM NOT IMPRESSED. CAPT. - CFS Virginia Info

Nothing wrong with defaulting occasionally - that's why we have the systems we do to allow for it - just do it early, don't keep waiting another couple of minutes just in case someone else turns up.........

Then express your dissatisfaction at training or a brigade meeting NOT on the paging system!
Jason
Swanport Group DGO - Region 3
Jervois CFS Brigade - "Home of the Original Hooker!"

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: March 15, 2013, 10:32:53 PM »
Oh please not hashtags here aswell!  :wink:

All for a laugh n something different....can't seem to get a like button so hash tags is next best option haha

Offline Yossarian

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: March 16, 2013, 06:59:22 AM »

#fridaynight #peoplehavelivesoutsidecfs #therestomuchofthisgoingoverpagers #getagrip #maybeoveritafterwommaroaddebacle #thatsmyrant

Didn't they already have 1 crew out with a strike team to Tunkillo already.  That and being a Friday night, I think this comment may be a little over the top.

Offline bobjones

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3555 on: March 18, 2013, 07:48:46 AM »
saw this,  what the

MFS: *CFSRES INC0038 16/03/13 09:13 RESPOND UNDEFINED EVENT, ALARM LEVEL: 1, : @OAKBANK RACECOURSE 46 OAKWOOD RD OAKBANK,MAP:ADL 148 F 1,TG 140, ==ON STADBY AT RACECOURSE UNTIL 17:00HRS 16/3/13 : :
MFS St Marys Station

muscleandpluck

« Reply #3556 on: March 20, 2013, 07:06:35 PM »
Nothing wrong with defaulting occasionally - that's why we have the systems we do to allow for it - just do it early, don't keep waiting another couple of minutes just in case someone else turns up.........

Are you kidding???
Ask someone whose house is alight if its ok to wait another 10 mins for the next brigade to just get mobile, and considering they will be coming from further as well!!!
The response time will likely be about 25 mins, in that time a structure fire will progress from "incipient to CARPARK"
Then theres always the question of adequate BA resourses!!! Pity the poor filtered inside!!!
Yeah another great save, NOT.

Offline Shiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3557 on: March 20, 2013, 09:36:47 PM »
Perhaps that person who's house might be alight at some point in the future should be thinking about rocking up to their local brigade and becoming a member so that there is a better chance of a truck getting out of the door?

Some rural brigades only have enough active members to fill one truck - what if they are already out on another call?  What if they have just got back from 12-hours on another job - would you want them to risk their fatigued body and mind by going to another job?

It is easy to take a single viewpoint and make a case that stands up but try looking outside the square.

As for sufficient BA - have you heard or seen of the new Defensive Fire Suppression course - even the system is recognising that it is more likely now that the first arriving appliance (whether the local brigade or not) will be unable to provide any useful service to the burning structure but may be able to protect surrounding assets etc.

Nobody wants to see a house burn down but neither are we always able to respond or turn out a crew from the local station and as I said in my original post, that's why we have systems to deal with that but it depends on how those systems are used.

Jason

flyonthewall

« Reply #3558 on: March 21, 2013, 12:01:19 PM »
As for sufficient BA - have you heard or seen of the new Defensive Fire Suppression course - even the system is recognising that it is more likely now that the first arriving appliance (whether the local brigade or not) will be unable to provide any useful service to the burning structure but may be able to protect surrounding assets etc.

New defensive fire suppression course - you are joking aren't you?

The system is recognising that the first arrival appliance is useless and is only good for protecting assets - Is this because it took so long for a truck to get there?

This must be based on CFS stats.

Offline Shiner

• View Profile
« Reply #3559 on: March 21, 2013, 03:39:28 PM »
Am I serious - yes I am deadly serious.

I don't know what part of the state you chaps are from but where I am, we have farmhouses with driveways that take 10 minutes to get from the road to the house, never mind the travel from the fire shed to the gate.  We have trucks that carry 2 BA sets - even if you have got 2 operators, you can't send them in, who will back them up?

We have brigades that may not have been to a structure fire for many years (if ever), we have many trucks with no BA sets or operators even if they had the sets.

Isn't it a good idea to prepare them and give them some thinking material on what to do when they arrive even if it is in prep for following crews?

Or should we stick our head in the sand and think that all brigades will respond in a timely manner with 4 or 6 BA operators (and sets!)??

I don't see any suggestions in either of the posts in reply to mine - let's hear your ideas that's the whole point of a forum isn't it??????
Jason

flyonthewall

« Reply #3560 on: March 22, 2013, 09:14:26 AM »
Shiner,

I understand your point.

I do not have anything to do with the CFS other than working WITH the crews at incidents. I do not have a problem with the CFS personnel that I work with.

The CFS as a whole organisation wants to promote themselves as a professional emergency service. Some people should be diciplined for putting messages on the paging system - which is available to everyone for their viewing pleasure - whenever they have an issue. Mr Joe Public who see's a message that reads................

15-03-13 21:18:32   TO ALL MEMBERS - VERY POOR TURNOUT BY BRIGADE MEMBERS TO THIS JEFFERIES JOB. IM NOT IMPRESSED. CAPT. - CFS Virginia Info

or...........

17:38:12   19-02-13   SEAF: THANKS TO EVERYONE FOR NOT TURNING UP TO HELP OUT WITH 34P THIS IS VERY POOR EFFORT FROM EVERYONE AS USUAL FROM KINGSTON STRIKE TEAM - CFS Seaford Info

or...........

21:08:16 14-02-13 BURN INFO: ANYONE KNOW WHERE 24 AND BWC ARE? NOTHING ON BOARD, NOTHING IN OCCURANCE BOOK, NO PAGE AND NOT IN STATION... HAVE THEY BEEN STOLEN? - CFS Burnside Info

21:23:32 14-02-13 BURN INFO: HI GUYS ANY filtered CHANCE YOU COULD LET YOUR GROUP OFFICERS KNOW THAT YOU'VE SELF DEPLOYED TO A FIRE - CFS Burnside Info

......will get the idea of what kind of emergency service is looking after their community.

This is not a dig at you but as someone who is looking in (myself), it looks as though the CFS is a circus.

muscleandpluck

« Reply #3561 on: March 22, 2013, 01:27:36 PM »
......will get the idea of what kind of emergency service is looking after their community

And the fact that urban fringe dwellers get pretty poor value for money (from their) ESL, compared to their Metropolitan counterparts, who pay similar amounts.
Wonder how many of "Joe Public" realise that CFS Brigades have no "Offensive Attack" abilities in a large number of Regions? And that should the unthinkable happen, there may be no one ABLE to help on the way.
Calling yourself professional dosent mean your actually capable.

misterteddy

« Reply #3562 on: March 22, 2013, 05:31:04 PM »
......will get the idea of what kind of emergency service is looking after their community

And the fact that urban fringe dwellers get pretty poor value for money (from their) ESL, compared to their Metropolitan counterparts, who pay similar amounts.
Wonder how many of "Joe Public" realise that CFS Brigades have no "Offensive Attack" abilities in a large number of Regions? And that should the unthinkable happen, there may be no one ABLE to help on the way.
Calling yourself professional dosent mean your actually capable.

conversely they could draw the conclusion that they get great value for money because should the most likely catastrophic incident in their area occur (ie a bushfire) up to (in my case) 137 firefighters are available with pagers to respond and get 13 appliances (+ 3 command cars)to a scene within a 6km radius of the centre of the group. Now they may not all be BA qualified, they may not all be highly profficient, they may not all drive automatic trucks, and they may not all prostitute themselves publically for a calendar launch......but in the far majority of cases, they are safe, efficient and professional. Compare the numbers to a metro incident, where that number of appliances empties 2/3rds of the MFS stations and leaves the MFS unable to mount another 3rd alarm response in many cases - unless (as always the CFS fills them with COQs). All that, and the ESL payers in the Groups either side of me get exactly the same response as well....they too would appear similarly blessed. Perhaps the taxpayers in the suburb with the $9mil car park should ask why they get such a crappy return for the $$

So Muscle, maybe tonight as you sit on the rower at work before your all night in.....you might like to think about moving to the Hills and getting the benefit of CFS coverage in such outstanding numbers, and even better, you might care to join up as give the community the benefit of your expertise and help the CFS Brigaeds in your area improve their skills and expertise......but then of course, for some its just a job too isnt it.

muscleandpluck

« Reply #3563 on: March 22, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »
Spoken with true ignorance. Sad that chip on your shoulder is weighing you down so badly.
Why dont you visit SAMFS Headquaters and become enlightened.
 :-D

misterteddy

« Reply #3564 on: March 22, 2013, 06:47:09 PM »
Spoken with true ignorance. Sad that chip on your shoulder is weighing you down so badly.
Why dont you visit SAMFS Headquaters and become enlightened.
 :-D

been there....worked there, and I have chips on both so I have a very balanced view thanks.....why dont you try working on a strike team one day without pay, we could discuss points of mutual ignornace over a spam sandwich

Offline Hazmat206

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Adelaide 206 respond to reduced Hazmat...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3565 on: March 22, 2013, 08:24:29 PM »
Muscleandpluck, how long have you been in the MFS?
We need the CFS & the CFS need us. Don't forget we do get CFS to cover our quarters when large incidents are going E.G Burnside at station 20 & Dalkeith to Elizabeth & Tea Tree Gully to Golden Grove...........
Also we are not allowed to take the trucks off road, this is where the CFS are great assistance.
So don't give the MFS a bad reputation & the CFS disrespect, we are both a fire/emergency service

Thank You
206 to Adelaide fire,Incident #59,situation found 440, action taken 41,K45, over

flyonthewall

« Reply #3566 on: March 22, 2013, 09:41:34 PM »
muscle, don't get sucked into the us versus them/them vs us argument mate. It will just turn into a shyte fight.

Some people take offence to opinions other than theirs and most would do anything to have your job, just remember that.  :-)

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3567 on: March 22, 2013, 09:47:23 PM »
I thought this thread was for 'Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging', not about Response's and all of that crap. :wink:
F/F Sellicks Beach, Kyeema Group.

flyonthewall

« Reply #3568 on: March 23, 2013, 10:30:37 AM »
conversely they could draw the conclusion that they get great value for money because should the most likely catastrophic incident in their area occur (ie a bushfire) up to (in my case) 137 firefighters are available with pagers to respond and get 13 appliances (+ 3 command cars)to a scene within a 6km radius of the centre of the group. Now they may not all be BA qualified, they may not all be highly profficient, they may not all drive automatic trucks, and they may not all prostitute themselves publically for a calendar launch......but in the far majority of cases, they are safe, efficient and professional. Compare the numbers to a metro incident, where that number of appliances empties 2/3rds of the MFS stations and leaves the MFS unable to mount another 3rd alarm response in many cases - unless (as always the CFS fills them with COQs). All that, and the ESL payers in the Groups either side of me get exactly the same response as well....they too would appear similarly blessed. Perhaps the taxpayers in the suburb with the $9mil car park should ask why they get such a crappy return for the $$

Yes you are correct misterteddy .......... in a country environment . Nothing wrong with the CFS response in a bushfire situation with acres of grass and trees burning. Yes, I know.... there are houses and buildings that can be involved also and I'm sure the CFS can look after itself.

Bring an urban environment into it and it is a completely different kettle of fish. Domestic dwelling next to domestic dwelling next to domestic dwelling....
guess what, in semi urban environment, MFS strike team for asset protection.

2/3 rds of the MFS appliances are sent to a major fire and the CFS does COQ. How many are CFS are urban qualified crews? How many CFS trucks are urban pumping capable? How many CFS trucks can Boost? How many MFS trucks can go off road? How many MFS trucks have pump and roll capability? How many MFS trucks have burn over protection?

Neither service can compare itself to the other? We all have our specialties and CFS is predominantly for country services and MFS is predominantly for metropolitan services. Where we meet on a boundary, I think we work well together(most of the time). In my experience, out North, there is a lot of this is ours and that is yours, and east, I have interestingly found co-operative service between the two.

I am sick of the Them and Us attitude as I'm sure most are so lets get back to our core business of providing emergency assistance to the people of SA, be it in a White truck or a Red truck, paid or not.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 10:41:31 AM by flyonthewall »

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3569 on: March 26, 2013, 09:59:41 PM »
26-03-13 20:15:19    R5HQ - GO AND DGO URGENT OPERATIONAL INFORMATION - 2 X STRIKE TEAMS REQUIRED FOR ROCKLEIGH FIRE (MURRAY BRIDGE) TO BE AT MURRAY BRIDGE AT 0700 TOMORROW MORNING. INCLUDING 2 X STL, DRIVER , SCRIBE AND COMMAND VEHICLES. CONTACT R5HQ 87620044 ASAP - CFS Wattle Range Group Officers Info

26-03-13 21:03:00   FYI: PREV REQUESTED STRIKE TEAMS HAVE BEEN STOOD DOWN BY THE STATE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR ASSISTANCE. RDO - CFS Wattle Range Group Officers Info

Another example of why strike team crews are hard to get. I think you can understand when a strike team within your own region gets asked for than cancelled within the hour but an intra region strike team I personally think its not up to scratch.

Surely activating a intra region strike team is not a split second decision and proper planning and thought would be given to this??

Or was this instance a split second decision as I did notice one of the "highly trained" level 3 IMT's have hold of this job  :roll:

Offline Bagyassfirey

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3570 on: March 27, 2013, 12:12:36 PM »
27-03-13 12:40:43 SLSB 24P MOBILE P1 WITH CREW OF 4 TO ROCKLEGH FIRE.ALL OTHER MEMBERS PLS RESPOND TO ANY OTHER CALLS AS WE ARE NOW RUNNING VERY SHORT OF FRESH CREW.LT 2 - CFS Salisbury Info

Bit rough? Only got home this morning... Maybe those R5 strike teams would have been handy  :wink:

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: March 27, 2013, 02:24:51 PM »
A tad dodgy calling a strike team from a group that only just arrived home an hour before hand, there are plenty of other groups out there they could have used..
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: March 27, 2013, 02:42:14 PM »
If its p1 I'm guessing they wanted relatively nearby crews in a hurry.

Anyone know what's actually going on out there?

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:13 AM »
If its p1 I'm guessing they wanted relatively nearby crews in a hurry.

Anyone know what's actually going on out there?

There was dust to 2500 feet which meant Bombers could not operate, combined with 90 k/mh winds on the fire-ground and flareups it was heavy work for all crews.

I thought there was a policy that once you had been on a Strike Team deployment you were off for 48 hours due to fatigue?

Images are copyright

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: April 04, 2013, 10:15:53 AM »
04-04-13 10:24:01 MFS: *CFSRES INC0033 04/04/13 10:23 RESPOND FIRE ALARM, ALARM LEVEL: 1, : @MOBILONG PRISON #072/016 434 MAURICE RD MURRAY BRIDGE,MAP:ADL 349 E 6,TG 206, ==INPUT DESC - FIP INSIDE SOUTH-EAST ENTRY :MBR722 MURRPUMP H : - CFS Murray Bridge Response

04-04-13 10:35:04 MORE CREW AND DRIVER REQUIRED AT MURRAY BRIDGE STATION. - CFS Murray Bridge Response

04-04-13 10:44:09 STILL WAITING FOR DRIVER AND CREW TO RESPOND TO MURRAY BRIDGE STATION - CFS Murray Bridge Response

Should have defaulted by then i would have thought?

anything