Author Topic: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging  (Read 4547988 times)

Offline Hillsfirefighter

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Interesting Fire and Emergency Related Paging
« Reply #3675 on: August 06, 2013, 11:59:15 PM »
OMG, imagine a brigade that has a uniform and takes some pride, get out !!!!!!

No one said anything negative though. I for one think it's a good idea to have the brigade uniform, it brings out the professional side of the CFS. But where I would disagree is if brigade started punishing the members that did not wear the uniform.

Offline CFS_fire32

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3676 on: August 07, 2013, 12:23:30 AM »
OMG, imagine a brigade that has a uniform and takes some pride, get out !!!!!!

No one said anything negative though. I for one think it's a good idea to have the brigade uniform, it brings out the professional side of the CFS. But where I would disagree is if brigade started punishing the members that did not wear the uniform.

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. Good stuff!

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #3677 on: August 20, 2013, 11:11:59 PM »
I see SAAS have got rid of addresses now. Only paging the suburb.

Offline Skippy

• View Profile
« Reply #3678 on: August 21, 2013, 05:52:28 PM »
With all the stuff going to MDTs now, there was really not much point of putting street address on + means more privacy for patients.

Offline NicholasBerry

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3679 on: August 25, 2013, 07:27:30 PM »
Wait... what..?

MFS: *CFSRES INC0087 23/07/13 19:03 RESPOND STRUCTURE COMMERCIAL, ALARM LEVEL: 1, HUTCHISON ST COOBER PEDY,MAP:CPD 1 H13,TG 073, == OPPOSITE MAIN STORE :APK361 : - MFS Angle Park APK361

Oh, wait.
361 was then dispatched to this 30 seconds later.

MFS: *CFSRES INC0003 24/07/13 04:48 RESPOND FIRE ALARM, ALARM LEVEL: 1, : @NETA INDUSTRIES PTY LTD #036/195 91 CLEVELAND TCE OTTOWAY,MAP:ADL 92 J 8,TG 182, ==INPUT DESC - FIP ALARM INSIDE MAIN ENTRY SOUTH BLDGS :APK361 : - MFS Angle Park APK361

Those pages were from two separate days

Offline NicholasBerry

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3680 on: August 25, 2013, 07:59:43 PM »
07:19:00 18-02-13 MFS: *CFSRES INC0007 18/02/13 07:18 RESPOND HELICOPTER LANDING P1 TARLEE RD KAPUNDA MAP:C/207 54,CALLER:SAAS ==REQ HELICOPTER LANDING SITE AT SCENE OF RR :KPU20 B SNOTIFY E : - SES Kapunda Response

Are SES trained in HLO procedures like CFS have been?

Yes training is performed on an as needed basis.

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #3681 on: September 13, 2013, 10:40:06 AM »
13-09-13 09:47:29 MFS: *CFSRES INC0031 13/09/13 09:47 RESPOND VEHICLE FIRE, ALARM LEVEL: 1, BEACH RD GOOLWA SOUTH,MAP:ADL 307 K15,TG 138, == ON BEACH BETWEEN BEACH RD AND THE MOUTH CALL SAPOL ON 0418 809 245 :GLWA24P R GLWA34 : - CFS Goolwa Response

13-09-13 10:05:26 MFS: ARE ANY APPLIANCES MOBILE TO INC 31? PLEASE ACK WITH ADELAIDE FIRE - CFS Goolwa Response

Shouldn't they have been defaulted alot earlier?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #3682 on: September 13, 2013, 11:33:31 PM »
That was actually an error in communications from us, a group car was used by our capt and group officer to go investigate the job. However they failed to let comm's know that an appliance wasn't attending.

Our appliances are capable of running on the beach to about halfway to the murray mouth but we have been told under no circumstances are they to touch the sand so any fire on the beach is investigated in a group car.

In the end there was no car on fire, which is a nice change as we seem to have a select few down this way at the moment that are stealing cars then torching them on the beach near the carpark.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3683 on: September 14, 2013, 09:20:07 PM »
13-09-13 09:47:29 MFS: *CFSRES INC0031 13/09/13 09:47 RESPOND VEHICLE FIRE, ALARM LEVEL: 1, BEACH RD GOOLWA SOUTH,MAP:ADL 307 K15,TG 138, == ON BEACH BETWEEN BEACH RD AND THE MOUTH CALL SAPOL ON 0418 809 245 :GLWA24P R GLWA34 : - CFS Goolwa Response

13-09-13 10:05:26 MFS: ARE ANY APPLIANCES MOBILE TO INC 31? PLEASE ACK WITH ADELAIDE FIRE - CFS Goolwa Response

Shouldn't they have been defaulted alot earlier?

6 minutes to acknowledge, plus another 10 to go mobile once you acknowledge... so up to 16 minutes before anyone really gets chased up... that is a long time for a fire to develop.

luckily most brigades have either gone the no deplete option or are quite good at knowing their crewing and defaulting early.

Offline HeavyRescue

• View Profile
« Reply #3684 on: September 19, 2013, 10:43:10 AM »
Is it just me, or should this kind of information be kept for when you call Adelaide fire on phone / radio?
And I know people can listen into the radio, but the amount of people that would find out via radio instead of the pager feed would be substantially less.

MFS: *CFSRES INC0035 19/09/13 10:06 RESPOND ROAD CRASH RESCUE, ALARM LEVEL: 1, SCHUBERT RD PARUNA,MAP:C/187 54,TG 203, ==ON LARGE BEND NEAR BILLAWEENA HOMESTEAD..POSSIBLE 2 FATALS :BRWL34 LOX29 : - CFS Chaffey Group Officers Response

RE INC 035. SAAS HAVE CONFIRMED 2 ENTRAPMENT FATALITIES AND REQUIRE EXTRICATION EQUIPMENT. - SES Loxton Response
« Last Edit: September 19, 2013, 11:09:04 AM by HeavyRescue »

pumprescue

« Reply #3685 on: September 19, 2013, 12:15:24 PM »
Meh, whats the big deal

Offline fire8029

• View Profile
« Reply #3686 on: September 19, 2013, 04:03:23 PM »
I agree, but then on face book on the police news site it said there were 2 entrapments with minor injuries???

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3687 on: September 19, 2013, 09:55:17 PM »
And chatting to members of the same group, who were listening to the radio conversation, the two fatalities turned out not to be dead!!

Pip

There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3688 on: September 19, 2013, 10:04:24 PM »
Zombies?
F/F Sellicks Beach, Kyeema Group.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3689 on: September 20, 2013, 09:23:56 AM »
Is it just me, or should this kind of information be kept for when you call Adelaide fire on phone / radio?
And I know people can listen into the radio, but the amount of people that would find out via radio instead of the pager feed would be substantially less.

The GRN Paging and Voice system is the communications method for CFS. Therefore any relevant information should be fine to broadcast on it.

There are only a few things that should not be broadcast, ie specific details on assisting SAPol with drug raids, etc as it can potentially alert their intended targets.

Perhaps if it is a concern they should look at encrypting it, similar to SAAS, SAPol.

probie_boy

« Reply #3690 on: September 20, 2013, 04:49:15 PM »

The GRN Paging and Voice system is the communications method for CFS. Therefore any relevant information should be fine to broadcast on it.

There are only a few things that should not be broadcast, ie specific details on assisting SAPol with drug raids, etc as it can potentially alert their intended targets.

Perhaps if it is a concern they should look at encrypting it, similar to SAAS, SAPol.

As long as they dont mention names or specific gory details (saw a page last year for a fatality where the dispatcher thought it necessary to mention via pager one fatality was decapitated)then its all fine in my opinion.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3691 on: September 20, 2013, 07:16:54 PM »
Without including personal details; ie car rego, or persons names, i tend to think the more information the merrier.

If sending a page that says "RCR, 2 fatalities, one ejected, one decapitated" means that a station takes two seconds longer to choose their crew and prevents a young 'innocent' person [or otherwise unfit person] from seeing something they don't really need to, then that's a good thing. It also lets the oncoming crew prepare themselves for what they may be approaching rather than being overwhelmed on arrival.

It is a fine line though, and consideration needs to be given as to the accuracy of the information.

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3692 on: September 20, 2013, 10:58:21 PM »
Without including personal details; ie car rego, or persons names, i tend to think the more information the merrier.

If sending a page that says "RCR, 2 fatalities, one ejected, one decapitated" means that a station takes two seconds longer to choose their crew and prevents a young 'innocent' person [or otherwise unfit person] from seeing something they don't really need to, then that's a good thing. It also lets the oncoming crew prepare themselves for what they may be approaching rather than being overwhelmed on arrival.

It is a fine line though, and consideration needs to be given as to the accuracy of the information.

I do agree, I would rather know just what I'm heading to, rather then be shocked and overwhelmed upon arrival.

Offline kiwifirefighter

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3693 on: September 21, 2013, 03:17:09 AM »
In our group no personal details are to be sent over the radios and also if there is a fatality and we need to send a sitrep then it is done by mobile phone rather than grn

probie_boy

« Reply #3694 on: September 21, 2013, 10:51:33 AM »

I do agree, I would rather know just what I'm heading to, rather then be shocked and overwhelmed upon arrival.

This is all well and good as long as the info sent on the pager is correct. Once was responded to an MVA, car vs embankment, no entraps late one night when I was 17. Got there and it was a high speed car vs tree with dual entrapment. A lot of blood, noise and screaming. I dealt with it fairly well (the screaming nagged at me for a bit) but others perhaps wouldnt in a similar position. Horses for courses.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3695 on: September 21, 2013, 06:38:49 PM »
In our group no personal details are to be sent over the radios and also if there is a fatality and we need to send a sitrep then it is done by mobile phone rather than grn

Whilst i respect every group or individual officer's right to make their own choices, I've never understood the hesitance to put these sort of details [the fatalities, not personal names, numbers etc] over the GRN.

Offline Alex

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3696 on: September 21, 2013, 06:41:29 PM »

This is all well and good as long as the info sent on the pager is correct. Once was responded to an MVA, car vs embankment, no entraps late one night when I was 17. Got there and it was a high speed car vs tree with dual entrapment. A lot of blood, noise and screaming. I dealt with it fairly well (the screaming nagged at me for a bit) but others perhaps wouldnt in a similar position. Horses for courses.

Very true, unfortunately though the sources of information can very rarely be completely relied upon. Communications centres quite often get calls from people who either drive past without stopping, or stop and really have no idea. Information becomes second and third hand and it gets hard to get a real idea until someone arrives on scene. And even then people have varying abilities to determine what exactly is happening, ie; different services carrying different definitions for patients or entrapments, etc..

Offline kiwifirefighter

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3697 on: September 21, 2013, 10:50:48 PM »
When I attended my first incident it came over as a rcr the brigade captain did I ask if I was okay to deal with it.  Also we tend not to take young or new members to rcr if the details are sketchy or if not necessary.  I think the reason in our group is that people can listen in to the radios and if information is being sent then you can have people turning up on scene, which can add more problems to an incident.  A  brigade was called up by the media when the group officer was talking about a brigade issue over the radios

Offline Raven

• View Profile
« Reply #3698 on: September 22, 2013, 12:01:47 AM »
When I attended my first incident it came over as a rcr the brigade captain did I ask if I was okay to deal with it.  Also we tend not to take young or new members to rcr if the details are sketchy or if not necessary.  I think the reason in our group is that people can listen in to the radios and if information is being sent then you can have people turning up on scene, which can add more problems to an incident.  A  brigade was called up by the media when the group officer was talking about a brigade issue over the radios

I remember my first incident was an RCR, didn't get many details, turns out it was t nasty, just I won't forget it.

probie_boy

« Reply #3699 on: September 24, 2013, 09:41:00 AM »
Anyone know anything about this one from last night?

22:16:13 23-09-13 Repage:GO181 PR: 2 - MILANG D1094 Disp: 22:15 OTHER EMERG - SAAS Road Crash Research

22:16:15 23-09-13 Repage:OS9 PR: 2 - MILANG D1093 Disp: 22:15 OTHER EMERG - SAAS Road Crash Research

22:37:10 23-09-13 MFS: *CFSRES INC0099 23/09/13 22:36 RESPOND RESCUE GENERAL, ALARM LEVEL: 1, 924 MILANG RD MILANG,MAP:C/97 54,TG 142, ==ASSIST SAAS, UNCONCIOUS PERSON IN PADDOCK :MLNG34 : - CFS Milang Response

22:37:22 23-09-13 MFS: *CFSRES INC0015 23/09/13 22:36 RESPOND RESCUE GENERAL P2 924 MILANG RD MILANG MAP:C/97 54,CALLER: ==ASSIST SAAS, UNCONCIOUS PERSON IN PADDOCK :SNOTIFY E STR20 G : - SES Strathalbyn

22:44:28 23-09-13 HELI LANDING SITE REQUIRED. TALK GROUP 020 - CFS Strathalbyn Group Officers Response