Author Topic: Who are "firies?"  (Read 11788 times)

sesroadcrashrescue

Re: Who are "firies?"
« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2007, 09:44:00 PM »
any person who works for a fire service paid or not is a profeshional in the eyes of the community providing they do it right neither service is below standard the cfs have good points the mfs have good points.

if the mfs is so good why are 90% of the fleet 2wd and cant get in where the cfs can however the cfs can not always provide fire cover to an area so how about get over it and work together because most mfs members i know whouldnt do it if they didnt get paid so any mfs member in can replay to my inbox if you would fight fires etc for free if you wouldnt do it for free then im not interested in talking to you 

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 19, 2007, 01:13:47 PM »
if the mfs is so good why are 90% of the fleet 2wd and cant get in where the cfs can...

Because, shock horror, 90% of the work the Metropolitan Fire Service does doesn't require 4wd appliances...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #27 on: August 19, 2007, 10:58:07 PM »
so as soon as there is a grass fire in MFS area they call the CFS to do the job talk about useless trucks

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 19, 2007, 11:18:41 PM »
The same may be said for taking rural CFS appliances, and sending them to do booster pumping in the metro area....pretty well useless....   :|

Doesn't it then come down to having an appropriate appliance to do the job that is required, for the area it is meant to cover....?

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #29 on: August 20, 2007, 12:10:19 AM »
but the new cfs appliances have the pumpers on board. the 24Ps and 34Ps are able to use the bosters quite well i have used one at a fire in a resort from a 34P 

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2007, 08:53:45 AM »
But how many appliances/sprinkler systems were drawing from the hydrants you were boosting????
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
but the new cfs appliances have the pumpers on board. the 24Ps and 34Ps are able to use the bosters quite well i have used one at a fire in a resort from a 34P 

If you read my post, it said "rural appliances" - eg those with a pump capacity of 1480 lpm..... not sure about the current batch of 34's & 34P's, but the previous batch had a pump capacity of around 1900 lpm.....  not sure how well that would boost in a multi story building....

The point I was making (in my previous post) was that different appliances are designed for different purposes - the Scanias used by MFS are obviously designed for fully urban work...CFS have designed many of their appliances as good for rural work, but can also do some suburban type work - which fits with many of the areas that CFS cover...

It has been argued (on this forum & others) about the suitability of some CFS appliances, in some of the areas with a large urban component - the aim of this post is not to debate that point...... rather to show that the two services (MFS & CFS) have appliances that generally fit what they do, rather than what the other service does....

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.