Author Topic: rope rescue qualifications  (Read 6685 times)

Offline Steveg

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
rope rescue qualifications
« on: March 13, 2007, 03:20:24 PM »
G'day.
Got a question that i reckon someone here should be able to answer!?
I work in communications, and have recently completed a nationally accredited Tower rescue\rope rescue course..
just discovered that i cant find the national course number :cry:, but i am just curious if this is the same rope rescue that you guys do.
I dont have a specific reason for asking really, just wondering...
Ill post the course ID number when i find the bit of paper saying ive done it.

thanks.
Steve.
 :-D

Offline 5271rescue

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: rope rescue qualifications
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:15:18 PM »
well at the moment CFS does not have a rope rescue course,this is done by SES but I think its still on hold for some reason had to do with SES not being a accredit training organisation. But if you have done it with an approved and registered company then you have it.Check with the region one office and I am sure they can set you straight.
blinky bill
my view only

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 07:59:14 PM »
The rope rescue course we did was run by Fire and Rescue Australia - I'll be able to tell you if its the same course when you find the course ID.  I think it was specifically for using ropes in a rescue though...

Offline Steveg

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2007, 10:42:12 AM »
well, its taken me a while to find the certificate, but the course module number is PUASAR004A and is called "undertake vertical rescue".

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2007, 01:26:56 PM »
Different course.  We did  PUASAR001A - Participate in a Rescue Operation (Rope). :)

probie_boy

« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 08:46:16 PM »
well at the moment CFS does not have a rope rescue course,this is done by SES but I think its still on hold for some reason had to do with SES not being a accredit training organisation. But if you have done it with an approved and registered company then you have it.Check with the region one office and I am sure they can set you straight.

Sorry to drag up a dead thread, but don't SES have their own RCR course? and if that is the case how can they not be an accredited training organisation?

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 11:23:48 PM »
The SES RCR course previouly was their own and wasn't accredited by anyone but themselves however it is nationally accredited now?? I think??
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 07:07:09 PM »
Unsure if SASES are accredited. Staff changes at the moment...

Courses have been created to meet the standard, so that they will be accepted.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2007, 12:29:23 AM »
the rcr course that ses run is the same as the cfs however there are a few minor adjustments that still meet the national standard its just the ses are slightly thougher in the course with the use of the large 70 tone cutters which the cfs are not using at this time some stations may have them but they are not a commen tool in the cfs there are some courses which have been put on hold till the ses have a trainer that is able to teach and asess vetical is one of them how ever this is being rectified 

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2007, 06:16:30 PM »
Guys, vertical courses are happening have a look at the state training program. The RCR course meets the National competency (you don't need to be an accredited training organisation to deliver the training only to issue the certificates with the National competency number & the little badge) SES has recently gone through the final stages of becoming an RTO, so far everything is looking good. So once the SES is an RTO those who have successfully completed the RCR course will be issued another certificate with the number and little symbol so hang loose it will happen soon. Another course which will meet the same criteria is the new map reading & navigation courses. Sesrcrrescue the RCR course is harder now, because too many slipped through in the dim dark past, at least now I as well as everyone else can be confident that people who pass the course are competent, not just pushed through to help units meet the standards, help mates out etc. It has caused a lot of pain to those involved with providing the training, developing the package & units/individuals who have suddenly realised they can no longer perform RCR. But the pain has been worth it, same as the Vertical Mobility Course and others that are coming (including Navigation). So the short of it is courses are only cancelled due to lack of numbers or qualified trainers, so SES people get those nominations in so we can get training happening (also concider becoming trainers yourselves as there is not enough of us) cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2007, 12:17:36 PM »
Dont worry I am already a SES trainer and have qualifications to teach Map Reading and GRN Comms (not TRK yet). I have passed Navigation to the new standard & I am awaiting opportunities to pass to teaching level.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2007, 04:57:51 PM »
And that will be great Andrew as more trainers more courses. What did you think of the Navigation course? I just completed my Vertical mobility (did the vertical phase one a few years ago and hated it) but loved this course - hard work but worth it(like navigation :wink:). We are planning on send a couple of people to the technician cse early next year (including me) so thats how I found out about the vertical courses Anyway cheers
Ken
just another retard!