Author Topic: STILL STUFFING IT UP!  (Read 9589 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: STILL STUFFING IT UP!
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2007, 11:49:02 AM »
SACAD  cant be the holy grail mate....could possibly...you decide   :evil:

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2007, 01:04:21 PM »
een with sacad just because its on the border of your area dosent mean you will be responded it goes on who can get there first we have a big area and we always have CFS coming in to our area to MVA's we dont make a big fuss over it we had a truck v push bike the other week and Nuri rescue were called insteed of us it was only 5kms from our station 10mins we would have been there from page to site but nuri got it they had to travel 20mins to get to it not including time to get a crew so i dont see why all the fuss over seaford for us its

kapunda
FIRE=Kapunda CFS/MFS (MFS with in the town)
AMBO= Kapunda 
RESCUE= Kapunda SES
Rescue 2nd= CFS (Eudunda/Nuriootpa/Hamley bridge)
            MFS (Gawler)

all depends where abouts in our area it is some times it will be other CFS coming for fire as we cover

kapunda, freeling, Tarlee, hamilton, koonunga hill, roseworthy, templers, linwood, bagot well, bethil, fords, marabel(dule response with Sadelworth ses)
i think thats it but there is a massive area for our RCR   

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2007, 01:39:08 PM »
according to the directory for you mate it shud be

Kapunda Township
Fire - Kapunda MFS
1st Rescue - Kapunda SES
2nd Rescue - Nuriootpa CFS

Kapunda District
Fire - Kapunda CFS
1st Rescue - Kapunda SES
2nd Rescue - Kapunda MFS

seems odd to me though that Nuri are second resceu for the township, and MFS dont factor into rescue there at all according to the directory.. yet o/s the town it is MFS for second rescue...

Offline Alan J

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Certified Flamin' Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2007, 11:17:43 PM »
As Jono said it's Seafords area, but if the caller said Mclaren vale as the suburb to comcen then Mclaren Vale is going to get the job as Quarry Rd goes through Mclaren vale & Old Noarlunga. If the caller said Old Noarlunga then this thread wouldn't exist. Its not something I'd be losing sleep over pixie.

As with the fluffed pages for our area, it comes down to a notification system which was designed to work well for the caller who knows exactly where they are - traditionally they are in their own home, from their own fixed line.

That data is fed into a turn-out system designed around the metro UBD - short streets in small suburbs. Quote the UBD GR of the street name & your appliance will land within 100M or so of the job.

The real world as we now have it, has travellers who don't know their locality, let alone what road they are on, calling from mobile phones which could be anywhere. This info feeds a turn-out system that doesn't cope well with country distances or multiple possibilities.

We'd do well to turning our collective brain-power towards solving these two core causes, rather than merely whinging that Adelaide Fire got it wrong again.  They, we, & the public are victims of a system that hasn't changed with our world. 

In my opinion, we should be pressing government into spending cash on position-fixing technology and RAPID replacement, preferably this century.  AdFire management needs to revisit scripting & tools so that dispatchers can better interrogate callers who are between towns (landmarks, terrain vs on-line topo maps, just like the CFS OCO's used to do before they were "assimilated").

That just leaves the callers who confidently quote the wrong street name &/or locality... don't know how one fixes that.

That's my two bobs worth, anyway.
Alan J.
Cherry Gdns CFS

Data isn't information.  Information isn't knowledge. 
Knowledge isn't wisdom.

anything