Author Topic: Seaford Responses  (Read 25677 times)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« on: August 15, 2007, 04:23:07 PM »
MFS: INC # 29 - 15/08/07 13:09,RESPOND Smoke in Area,GULF PDE,MASLIN BEACH, MAP 215 H 3 ,,BLACK SMOKE IN AREA OF CARAVAN PARK.,8334 16219 431*CFSRES:
scheiße thats a long way from Christies station! Unless they were in Seafords area at the time? Oh well, when only the best will do!!!
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 04:36:48 PM »
Considering the job ended up in aldinga caravan park, bloo dy long way for them to go... might stem back to the MFS&CFS to everything in seafords area? as the initial dispatch was seafords primary?

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 06:47:02 PM »
Maslins is actually a shared area between Seaford, Mclaren Vale & Aldinga, it is all three brigades primary area.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2007, 12:43:49 PM »
MFS: INC # 29 - 15/08/07 13:09,RESPOND Smoke in Area,GULF PDE,MASLIN BEACH, MAP 215 H 3 ,,BLACK SMOKE IN AREA OF CARAVAN PARK.,8334 16219 431*CFSRES:
filtered thats a long way from Christies station! Unless they were in Seafords area at the time? Oh well, when only the best will do!!!

That road is in Zone 83E, at the moment MFS are still dual responding to all calls in any of 83's zones. I believe there is some changes in the wind to remove the dual response situation now that Seaford are comfortably getting trucks out the door.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2007, 10:40:37 PM »
Maslins is actually a shared area between Seaford, Mclaren Vale & Aldinga, it is all three brigades primary area.

Thats right CFS primary area......oh I hear the song on an MFS radio we go everywhere man,we go everywhere man.

Of course CFS will cover them when they run their area dry.....as usual :?
Images are copyright

Offline Pixie

• Forum Senior Firefighter
  • Seaford Lt#2
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2007, 09:26:15 PM »
filtered thats a long way from Christies station! Unless they were in Seafords area at the time? Oh well, when only the best will do!!!

That road is in Zone 83E, at the moment MFS are still dual responding to all calls in any of 83's zones. I believe there is some changes in the wind to remove the dual response situation now that Seaford are comfortably getting trucks out the door.

For some reason, since adelaide fire and SHQ merged, 431/439 have been responded to almost every call in our area, although, today that has appeadred to have changed?? not too sure how long for though.

for example, yesterday (25/8) four fire appliances were responded to a rubbish fire, talk about a waste of rescources!! as a resident i would be more than happy to see CD431/439 and one or two seaford trucks rock up, but to pull a truck from morphett vale is totally ridiculous!!

From what i understand, our brigade has requested that MV are removed from our response, but it is "too hard"
SACFS
Seaford Brigade
Lieutenant 2

**My View only, does not reflect that of the Seaford Brigade or SACFS**

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2007, 02:51:37 PM »
for example, yesterday (25/8) four fire appliances were responded to a rubbish fire, talk about a waste of rescources!! as a resident i would be more than happy to see CD431/439 and one or two seaford trucks rock up, but to pull a truck from morphett vale is totally ridiculous!!

Agreed, four appliances is ridiculous. As I understand it at the moment MFS are still responding to all calls in the Seaford CFS primary response zones, also the dual CFS response with a neighbouring brigade is still happening - although I believe a request has been forwarded to have it removed.

So at the most you should be getting 3 appliances to a rubbish fire, where is the fourth coming from??

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2007, 03:58:40 PM »
...So at the most you should be getting 3 appliances to a rubbish fire, where is the fourth coming from??

Two trucks from Seaford, one from Morphett Vale & one from MFS.

They drove past me while I was parked on Commercial Road.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2007, 12:57:03 PM »
...So at the most you should be getting 3 appliances to a rubbish fire, where is the fourth coming from??

Theres your problem... Seafood don't need to be responding two trucks to a rubbish fire when they know that there is another 2 appliances coming.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2007, 04:03:46 PM »

Theres your problem... Seafood don't need to be responding two trucks to a rubbish fire when they know that there is another 2 appliances coming.
Theres the other problem - does the red truck need to be going?

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 04:44:49 PM »
Considering that MV and MFS cover Seafoods behind all the time for their calls, then yes. The call only got a few appliances because Seafood managed to get out the door...

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 05:32:05 PM »

Theres the other problem - does the red truck need to be going?

Yes. They are on Dual response due to issues that were identified a few months back. (Whether those issues have been rectified / solved I am unsure, yet still understand C'Downs MFS are on dual response to Seafords area).

Offline captain

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 05:40:59 PM »
OK id like to put my two sent worth in here at this point in time, because it seems that most of you are being given the wrong info in regards to Seafords postion. Yes its true that in the past we did struggle with getting a crew to man the trucks, for our call outs but due to a very successful recruitment intake that issue is a thing of the past, we can now get at least 1 unit on the road 24hours a day, and its getting to the case now, were yes we can respond two units to our own callsin our own area as well....the issue of MFS and MV responding with SEAFORD is still an ongoing thing because, the two chiefs of both MFS and CFS have asked us to sit down with both of them and prove that we can get at least 1 truck on the road 24hours a day, a thing that i as the Captain of Seaford would love to do at any time but the stall tactics that are being put in place by the chiefs is making it very hard to do so... So as soon as we get a chance to plead our case to the brass we will be in like Flinn to do so ....so until then unfortunately MV and MFS will be backing us up...If you all think this is a waste of resources sending all these vehicles to rubbish fire and what ever else we might go to, then if you know either of the 2 chiefs please let them know that we here at Seaford are pissed off too and are ready to have our meeting to resolve this issue.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2007, 09:33:47 PM »
If the two chiefs have already been asked by Seaford to have a meeting to resolve the matter someone is not coming to the party,and needs to be followed up by GO and Region.
Images are copyright

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2007, 10:08:34 PM »
UFU probably wont allow it.  :-D

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2007, 12:27:29 AM »
Good work Mark, I can tell you that we would be happy to be removed from the dual response for single appliance calls in your zones. I can't remember the last time we actually saw a fire down in your area - you guys are just too efficient now.

It seems that changing the database is becoming harder to do now, bit of a pity really as I think Steve M is keen to facilitate our requests, it seems that someone further up the chain is stalling it.

Offline Jono

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2007, 05:52:48 PM »

No, not at all. It's our area so we send our two units and stop any other oncoming units if they are not needed. It's SEAFORD too, idiot. The problem that did exist as Captain has explained is that we were low on members, which was fixed a couple of months ago. But due to that poor membership level, MV and MFS were both put on dual response with us. Which is now no longer needed, we have requested to get it taken off. But as of yet it still stands.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2007, 05:54:58 PM by Jono »
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2007, 12:39:38 PM »

No, not at all. It's our area so we send our two units and stop any other oncoming units if they are not needed. It's SEAFORD too, idiot. The problem that did exist as Captain has explained is that we were low on members, which was fixed a couple of months ago. But due to that poor membership level, MV and MFS were both put on dual response with us. Which is now no longer needed, we have requested to get it taken off. But as of yet it still stands.

Two appliances to a rubbish fire? It's a RUBBISH FIRE "idiot".

If you can't hit that with one truck, you've got issues.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2007, 01:41:12 PM »
mate,  two brigades are really needed to jobs in the CFS,   with obvious exceptions (like tree downs).

these days with MFS doing Response paging...."GRASS FIRE"  covers Grass, Scrub, etc....we dont have any clue what sort of fire it is till we arrive on scene.

"RUBBISH FIRE"  isnt just a small poncy fire struggling to stay alight,  it can be multiple heaps of material being burnt off that has gone out of control.

Worst case scenario's should be thought of when dispatching and responding.

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2007, 04:51:57 PM »
We have been responded to a rubbish fire and needed tow brigads as we have no water close by and the rubbish pile was in a old dump did not know this until we got there.

rescue5271

Seaford Responses
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2007, 04:58:23 PM »
Should not matter if its a rubbish fire or a grass fire two appliances / brigade's should respond just in case one has a accident or breaks down on the way to the job.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2007, 05:04:15 PM »
Should not matter if its a rubbish fire or a grass fire two appliances / brigade's should respond just in case one has a accident or breaks down on the way to the job.

I think we should also respond a rescue truck and a mechanic to all rubbish fires too - just in case the fire trucks crash or break down on the way... :P

Offline Crank

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2007, 06:08:11 PM »
Better send the CFS CO & MFS CO just incase their are any ema issues as well.

Dont forget SAAS, SAPOL & SES....im sure we could use them somewhere

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2007, 07:18:48 PM »
i think it would be more reasonable to say that 2 brigades should be sent because CFS is a volunteer resource and hence can't guarantee a full crew  then at least there will be 4 crew between the 2 brigades.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Seaford Responses
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2007, 11:01:04 AM »
i think it would be more reasonable to say that 2 brigades should be sent because CFS is a volunteer resource and hence can't guarantee a full crew  then at least there will be 4 crew between the 2 brigades.

If there are 4 crew BETWEEN 2 brigades, neither are rolling a truck. Well, except Piccadilly that will happily take their 14 to building fires - Go figure...

Not to take this thread too far off track, well moreso than it already is, but how about we all just stop and have a look at the bigger picture.

Turnout for something serious, like a house alight, is, usually, two trucks. In most areas (Mt. Barker being the only exception I can think of) two brigades are responded to ensure a two appliance response. This is similar for most incidents.

I've been present at the Mt. Lofty Summit visitor center when Stirling, Aldgate and Piccadilly have been turned out for an alarm. Its beyond funny to see 5 appliances turn up, because everyone gets a good crew. Wow look, throw in an Aerial and a Rescue and you've got a third alarm for an AFA... Why not call in the Comms bus as well. Maybe notify the RC 'just in case'.

Of course this is going to change according to calls and conditions. Lets say you get turned out to an alarm, shed fire, domestic fire (something pretty normal) you get a crew of 4, 2xCABA on your first appliance out the door, then a couple more show up at the station, but the second responded station is already on the road, you don't need to take that second truck from the first station. There are already two trucks on the road, you don't need a third. Liase with the second station, see how many BA operators they have on board. Wait for the initial SitRep.. filtered hitting the fan? Then get that truck out the door.

It goes without saying that someone will pull up some example of how they went to a job once with all the group because it was a training night and it was lucky they all turned out because the job needed 1000 people. But this is not the case normally. Not every house fire goes to a second alarm. Two pumps, two lines of 38 should do most stock standard house fires.

I'm just asking that people use their heads. Grass fire on a not so bad day? If its in a known bad area, yeah maybe take an extra truck P2. Most things don't need more than two trucks. Thats what we have an Alarm Response procedure for. Does it say "Initial Response: As many as you can get"? No, it doesn't. Go read it.

To go back to the Seafood example, its a rubbish fire. Generally this is going to be some shitty little fire that you can extinguish with a HP line, no worries. You had MFS going, thats one truck guaranteed, and TWO CFS brigades... thats generally another two trucks. You still don't need a hundred trucks from one station.

I don't know about you, but I love it when a CFS appliance rocks up, 4 crew get off, get to work, a second appliance arrives minutes later, 4 crew get off, get to work, everyone is doing something. I hate, and feel rather embarrassed when half the group arrives, all under lights and sirens, then either stand around doing nothing or try having 100 people doing the job of 8. It looks tacky and unprofessional. Many people, especially on these boards go on about how we are just as professional as SAMFS, but when you look like dads army at a job and are worse rubberneckers than the general public, 'Professionalism' is the last thing that springs to mind.

So, in short, Alarm Response Protocol. GO READ IT.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 11:06:27 AM by 6793264 »