Author Topic: SAFECOM  (Read 3730 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
SAFECOM
« on: May 26, 2005, 03:53:30 PM »
The SAFECOM Bill was introduced into parliament this week.
All I know about it is that it will be an joining of the CFS, MFS and SES.

Does anyone else know more details, like how they want it done?

And what do people think about this?  Will it be good for the CFS or bad?

Offline JamesGar

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Belair CFS
Re: SAFECOM
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 06:37:12 PM »
If you're interested to read have a look at the following:

http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/Internet/DesktopModules/Display.aspx?CALLER=habills_search.htm&IS_QUERY=Fire&IS_PAGE_SIZE=20&SEARCH_PAGE=habills_search.asp&DOC_INDEX=1&HIGHLIGHT_HITS=True&RESULT_COUNT=40&DOC_URL=http://www.parliament.sa.gov.au/catalog/habills/503/50-03-094.htm&DOC_TITLE=Fire%20and%20Emergency%20Services%20Bill%20%5BAs%20Introduced%5D

Hopefully it work, but it is a transcript of the whole bill. Just having a quick flick through the contents I think they are looking at instigating a SAFECOM Executive Board, which I guess will displace current CFS Board. It will probably make a good reading for me on night shift tonight!
James Gardiner
Belair CFS

Offline oz fire

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2005, 01:48:17 PM »
There have been extensive "focus groups" (current buzz word for teams) looking at how it Will effect each service - these have included senior volunteers, VFBA representatives, and staff from each of the services and external parties.

It has been reviewed numerous times and has been subject to wide consultation so hopefully it will provide a direction for us all to move forward.

If nothing else it should at least provide a place to look at equity across the services in all areas and hopefully the board will be impartial  :|
Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the ability to control it.

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2005, 02:25:46 PM »

Good times

« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2005, 05:41:14 PM »
If nothing else it should at least provide a place to look at equity across the services in all areas and hopefully the board will be impartial   

The board will just be for show from what I am lead to beleive, originally they were going to cut the board out all together, I think they will just be an advisory board with no power.

strikeathird

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2005, 03:20:49 PM »
So will our turnout gear say SAFECOM on the back instead of CFS??

Or maybe both mfs and cfs have FIRE ??

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2005, 04:17:07 PM »
It should be seen as a small step forward (we hope) in the evolution of the services. Maybe even a little tiny bit closer to amalgamation of all services....

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2005, 01:13:34 PM »
Group reported last night that the clause relating to "landholders lighting their own fire if they believe their property is under threat" has been dropped. Now we just need to worry bout the make-up of the board its-self.......

anything