Author Topic: Seaford Responses  (Read 25500 times)

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Seaford Responses
« Reply #75 on: September 06, 2007, 01:04:54 PM »
Lets talk about Alarms mainly here. Why is the SOP 2 appliances ONLY? and NOT anything you can get. This time give me good reasons and not poxy "we look like dads army" or " it isn't safe to drive"

I spoke about this with other members and the general consensus was the point of an alarm is that it should detect FIRE hence until you are on scene you assume the building is burning so if enough crew are avalible for 2 trucks TAKE them.

SOP 2.1 - 1st alarm structure fire; 2 appliances

Alarms fall under the same general 'incident type' in the SOPs as 'Structure Fire'
« Last Edit: September 06, 2007, 01:21:44 PM by mack »

Offline filtered

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 06, 2007, 01:18:16 PM »
Lets talk about Alarms mainly here. Why is the SOP 2 appliances ONLY? and NOT anything you can get. This time give me good reasons and not poxy "we look like dads army" or " it isn't safe to drive"

The response for an alarm is the same as the response for a first alarm structure fire...  Under SOP 2.1 Initial Rsource Resopnse Schedule, there is no outline for an Alarm response, all Alarms are treated as a structure until it is confirmed they are not...

It is becoming increasingly obvious that you haven't been to many incidents, especially "incidents of note" if you cannot see the valid reasons that have been presented in this thread for minimising the number of resources that are sent to a scene.

It is cowboys like you that give the service a bad name...

Why am I bothering, it appears you cannot listen to reason and arbitarily dismiss people's arguments because you think they are "poxy".

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 06, 2007, 01:26:41 PM »
It is becoming increasingly obvious that you haven't been to many incidents, especially "incidents of note" if you cannot see the valid reasons that have been presented in this thread for minimising the number of resources that are sent to a scene.

also the fact that you obviously have little or no understanding of CFS SOPs (have u even read or vaguely looked at them?)makes me wonder why you are prepared to argue them, and end up looking stupid.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 06, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »
Yes i have looked over SOP's once or twice

I think the difference in our areas and individual brigades means that we shall forever be banging our heads on brick walls so i give up and no body on here is about to change his or her mind.

It is cowboys like you that give the service a bad name...

What is this "bad name"? Like what have the public said to you?

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 06, 2007, 06:33:17 PM »
It comes down to this. There are (both on these forums, and in real life) a group of people who take their Firefighting very seriously, treat their voluntary position with the respect it deserves and attempts to deliver the most professional service possible.

Then there is then a group of people, like (removed by moderator) that see themselves and their own adrenalin fix as more important than service delivery to the community. Response procedures are written for a specific reason and should, for the same reason be followed.

Get your collective heads out of the days of EFS and 100 blokes on a single appliance and try to come with the SACFS and firefighting in general into the new Millennium.

Please, not only for us, but the community as a whole...

This post has been moderated.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2008, 10:09:10 PM by Firefrog »
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 06, 2007, 06:48:31 PM »
If you acutally knew these people, u would think differently probably.  So dont go thinking that all because of comments said on this forum...its a forum, u'll never know the complete story of the particular people.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 06, 2007, 06:55:02 PM »
I think this topic is Seaford Responses or perhaps we should start a new thread in relation to SOP 4.5 Automatic Fire Alarms and Responses :?
Images are copyright

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 06, 2007, 08:07:11 PM »
I think this topic is Seaford Responses or perhaps we should start a new thread in relation to SOP 4.5 Automatic Fire Alarms and Responses :?
Give the man a cigar!!  :-D
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Darius

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2007, 09:24:27 AM »
There are (both on these forums, and in real life) a group of people who take their Firefighting very seriously,

is there also, in your world, the possibility that some people may take themselves just a little bit too seriously?

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2007, 10:04:05 AM »

I agree, its gone way off track and it goes way beyond Seaford responding two trucks to a rubbish fire, Topic should Brigade Responses, because it is totally wrong to have this whole topic based on Seaford when it is clearly obvious that plenty of brigades are doing it.
Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2007, 09:44:46 PM »
There are (both on these forums, and in real life) a group of people who take their Firefighting very seriously,

is there also, in your world, the possibility that some people may take themselves just a little bit too seriously?

On this forum? You cannot be serious. Ever.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

anything