Author Topic: SAAS uniforms  (Read 25126 times)

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SAAS uniforms
« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 01:22:22 PM »
They do the job.. They aren't made to look pretty..

I disagree - whats the point in decorating them at all if they're not supposed to look pretty?

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 03:44:04 PM »
Is that tounge in cheek?

Visability benifits when working in high traffic flow environs.. Crew safety.. The fact they stand out over the bland terrain and city environments that they work in..

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
It was partly tongue in cheek, but I do believe that if they're going to spend money and time decorating the vehicles, they should make them look good. (Especially when the "Visability benifits" of the new SAAS decorations are a simple yellow stripe around the outside...)

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 03:56:06 PM »
Reflective components aren't the only "visability" benifits. - Give it time, wait until they are in service and you start doing both day and night calls where Ambulances are on scene.. - My bet is the ambulances will be the first things you notice while arriving at the job.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 04:04:24 PM »
Seems like the ambulance services are all going to weird paint jobs. Saw one on another forum from QLD I think similar yellow stripping on the side. And if you want to see something loud check out the trial SES vehicle on tech rescue.
One question though - how do the stripes on the back work with the doors open? normally at a job thats how they are parked, doors open.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Smallflame

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 09, 2007, 06:26:17 AM »
Wow, they look terrible. I'm glad that they are clearly labeled "Emergency Ambulance" to differentiate them from the many many other types of Ambulance you have patrolling around the streets.  :roll:

This was my point when I saw them... Then again I suppose it leaves them to make those of us who volunteer look like complete nuffers with "VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE" to scream "We're not as competant". This also leaves many low-brow jokes like some captain obvious labeling for the Maxi- Lift...

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2007, 06:46:48 PM »
Wow, they look terrible. I'm glad that they are clearly labeled "Emergency Ambulance" to differentiate them from the many many other types of Ambulance you have patrolling around the streets.  :roll:

This was my point when I saw them... Then again I suppose it leaves them to make those of us who volunteer look like complete nuffers with "VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE" to scream "We're not as competant". This also leaves many low-brow jokes like some captain obvious labeling for the Maxi- Lift...

I like the way you think. We could label vehicles with their real jobs:

EG:

Maxi Lift Truck - "Fat Truck"
SOT - "Overpaid filtered"
SAMFS - "Paid filtered"
SACFS - "Unpaid mongs"
SACFS IMT Comms Bus "Holy filtered lookout, this incident is scrwed"

Wait... that last one could be applied to any vehicle carrying anyone from captain up!

:mrgreen:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 05:31:03 PM by Firefrog »
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 10, 2007, 04:12:12 PM »

I like the way you think. We could label vehicles with their real jobs:

EG:

Maxi Lift Truck - "Fat Truck"
SOT - "Overpaid filtered"
SAMFS - "Paid filtered"
SACFS - "Unpaid mongs"
SACFS IMT Comms Bus "Holy filtered lookout, this incident is scrwed"

Wait... that last one could be applied to any vehicle carrying anyone from captain up!

:mrgreen:

I would like to see the 'fat truck' changed to "Horse Float".

In any case, the new paint job is interesting, its very UK, though i imagine if you were a casualty with any kind of nausea inducing illness or injury the brightness of it all might not help with the vomiting...

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 11, 2007, 12:56:44 PM »
ITs still a drab white on the inside... Sure there will be no problems..  :evil:

Offline Smallflame

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 11, 2007, 09:40:14 PM »
ITs still a drab white on the inside... Sure there will be no problems..  :evil:

Hehe, except from when those suffering alcohol poisoning walk up to the back of it and projectile vomit at the pretty moving fluro lines...

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2007, 10:14:30 AM »
Saw one on another forum from QLD I think similar yellow stripping on the side.

the yellow stuff is the current flavour everywhere.  mines are using lots of the yellow reflective - and latest research shows that by having the vehicle outlined in colour and reflective- it is much more visible.

as for the EMERGENCY AMBULANCE bit - the non-emergency transport ambulances will just have AMBULANCE on them - just the bit of minor differentiation!  Will come in handy when trying to explain to some time-waster with their stubbed toe that they're "wasting EMERGENCY ambulance resources - and to go see their GP"

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2007, 04:11:09 PM »
Saw one on another forum from QLD I think similar yellow stripping on the side.

the yellow stuff is the current flavour everywhere.  mines are using lots of the yellow reflective - and latest research shows that by having the vehicle outlined in colour and reflective- it is much more visible.

as for the EMERGENCY AMBULANCE bit - the non-emergency transport ambulances will just have AMBULANCE on them - just the bit of minor differentiation!  Will come in handy when trying to explain to some time-waster with their stubbed toe that they're "wasting EMERGENCY ambulance resources - and to go see their GP"

Not to mention good ol Call Direct!!!

By the way the Ambos will be back in green soon :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 01, 2008, 04:08:38 PM »

yes, but how long is a piece of string??

there's a number of books going around the place if you care to chance some cash on it!!

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #38 on: February 01, 2008, 06:19:32 PM »
there is no way saas would mark a Volly car with VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE on the side all emerg ambulances would be painted the same. volly cars are emerg cars there is no difference in the car just the crew have a few more restrictions on clinical care.   

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 01, 2008, 08:58:59 PM »

Get it right that was actually my quote not chook's :-P
Images are copyright

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 02, 2008, 01:33:26 AM »
there is no way saas would mark a Volly car with VOLUNTEER AMBULANCE on the side all emerg ambulances would be painted the same. volly cars are emerg cars there is no difference in the car just the crew have a few more restrictions on clinical care.   

no-one said that was happening!

at the end of the day - it would cause too many headaches anyway - the entire fleet is only split between emerg and non-emerg - and the cars can be deployed anywhere in the state.

my apologies SAf.....I think!  You just wanted to be included in this didn't you?! :-o

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 02, 2008, 07:55:42 AM »
At the end of the day the public dont care what colour firetruck you come in, or whats written on an Ambulance,they just want the best job done that we can do for them at their time of need. :-)
Images are copyright

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 02, 2008, 10:28:16 AM »
At the end of the day the public dont care what colour firetruck you come in, or whats written on an Ambulance,they just want the best job done that we can do for them at their time of need. :-)

Ahhh but it helps if the vehicle, you and the equipment look professional and modern...I think the new SAAS vehicles look good from the ones I have seen on the road in the Adelaide CBD.

They seem to have an incredible amount of red, blue & white lights on them. I have not seen one driving with them one, but would be interested to know if the extra lights (compared to SES, CFS, MFS and SAPOL vehicles) make a difference.

I know the trucks have extra height which means the red/blues on top are not seen through a cars rear-view mirror. The major thing you see on a SES four-wheel drive is the flashing headlights.

Do the extra lights on SAAS ambulances make a difference ?
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 02, 2008, 10:35:11 AM »

But it will distinguish SAAS more from 'EMT Ambulance' vehicles.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #44 on: February 02, 2008, 11:30:01 AM »
it looks great under lights. the extra lights have been placed so the public can see them better when we are behind them as the lights on the bonnet are at the same height as the back window on most small cars so people will see the lights in the mirror. 

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: February 02, 2008, 01:13:49 PM »

But it will distinguish SAAS more from 'EMT Ambulance' vehicles.

now we're wearing blue - it would be quite easy to get us confused....

.....excepting that perhaps we don't go everywhere with bells and whistles and at ridiculous speeds!!

Knackers

« Reply #46 on: February 02, 2008, 02:24:08 PM »
I thought EMT was on way out due to some licence thing of Ambulance Services as part of the Act. Not seen them for about 18 months.

I also think green will be a while, as just got another lot of blue uniforms, and have heard epeluttes may be on the way back in.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 03, 2008, 11:49:49 AM »
New colours...this one has been hit in the side already
Images are copyright

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 03, 2008, 05:22:33 PM »
Should put that in the other thread ^^

Offline boredmatrix

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 20, 2008, 01:57:39 AM »

Do the extra lights on SAAS ambulances make a difference ?

Yes. the sirens are useless over 60, so lights are the best thing.  Country fleets fitted with decent spotlights work the best! :roll:

anything