General Discussion > SASES

Cheating the system!?!?

(1/8) > >>

Lizzy:
okay, this is really odd. but i have just left a ses unit due to many reasons within the unit.
this unit has been stuggling all year with financial reasons and for crews in general, there are many things wrong with the unit, that will not get fixed, coz they ignor the problems and safety is a magor part of that aswell.(ie not wearing any PPE when using chainsaws and stuff)
anywayz now i have left the unit, is it within my responsibility to tell state head quarters that they are cheating the system? i did report the safety issues( within the unit) but nothing was done about them.
so is it my responsibility to 'report' this and if so who to?

rescue5271:
Do you guys have a exit interview?? if so bring it up then and they will wont to know who why and where.......If this is going on then there needs to be someone will balls who is willing to say something..... what would have happended if someone got hurt and they where not wearing the correct PPE??? and where was the unit manager while all this was going on..........

Lizzy:

--- Quote from: rescue5271 on September 25, 2007, 09:25:21 PM ---Do you guys have a exit interview?? if so bring it up then and they will wont to know who why and where.......If this is going on then there needs to be someone will balls who is willing to say something..... what would have happended if someone got hurt and they where not wearing the correct PPE??? and where was the unit manager while all this was going on..........

--- End quote ---

YOU know wat .............it was the unit manager that was not wearing the PPE, and we stoped him and told him.........and his reply "i dont need to, i have 35 years expereince behind me, i know what to  do".
anyway the real worry is the other issues. oh and no to the exit interview, as far as i know.
so u rekon i should say something anyway?

CFS_Firey:
I think you should say something - you'll only be helping the unit in the long run...

rescue5271:
I would say something,it would only help the service but this may also by why there are not new members joining..Just beacuse you have 35 or 5 years in the service does not mean you wont get hurt and that is why you should wear your PPE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version