Author Topic: Cheating the system!?!?  (Read 14465 times)

Offline Smallflame

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Re: Cheating the system!?!?
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2007, 06:43:44 PM »
Having issues in the emergency services always feels awkward, but coming forward can sometimes help. However, for breaches of OH&S there are certain avenues that could be followed, perhaps a VSO isn't the best option, and something more like a letter to mr. Nygaard would be more appropriate.

Venting over a forum, and making specific allegations however isn't the best possible, nor most mature option, and could be construed as harrassment or defamation if the wrong person reads it.

I hope the issues continue to resolve, (but bearing in mind there may be two sides to the story,) in such a way that it benefits everyone and allows everyone to come to some kind of closure.

Offline rowley

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2007, 10:18:57 PM »
why didn't you take the correct course and lodge OHS forms?

If you were was truly concerned about your unit and you wanted to do something then maybe accident/near miss forms would have been the way to go... something official.

i didn't know about them. i hadn't been in the unit very long. nor been told Wat to do in that situation. so for the first couple of times yes i honestly did let it go Cox i was unsure.
least now i know.

Interesting comment....given that this is part of the SES Induction Course that every member needs to undertake has part of Level 1 training.

what induction Adel hills haven't done induction...and most units that have done think its a crock of Blaa...have fun Nemo

Offline Lizzy

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2007, 10:52:42 PM »
why didn't you take the correct course and lodge OHS forms?

If you were was truly concerned about your unit and you wanted to do something then maybe accident/near miss forms would have been the way to go... something official.

i didn't know about them. i hadn't been in the unit very long. nor been told Wat to do in that situation. so for the first couple of times yes i honestly did let it go Cox i was unsure.
least now i know.

Interesting comment....given that this is part of the SES Induction Course that every member needs to undertake has part of Level 1 training.

what induction Adel hills haven't done induction...and most units that have done think its a crock of Blaa...have fun Nemo

well matt. no idea wat the induction is either. glad to see news gets round eh.
I say what i think, coz im allowed to have an opinion.

Offline squiddy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 27, 2007, 08:01:55 AM »
If you truly want to make a difference to the unit, you need to put your grievances in writing and send it to a VSO or to a Vollies Assoc rep. Sitting around slagging people off on the internet is neither mature, nor constructive. We all know there are issues with the unit you left... you didn't even have to name it for most people to know who it was. However, I have noticed your negative comments on this forum in regards to the unit and organisation time and time again since you joined. It all sounds a little petty and spiteful from this angle. If you really want things to change, get out from behind your computer and contact the powers that be, otherwise stay out of it and stop stirring the pot.

Cripes, its like high school around here with all the to-ing and fro-ing and the he said she said crap.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 28, 2007, 10:38:08 AM »
Hi,

The volunteer has contacted some people in the system & decided not to pursue the issues further. I wish the person every success & happiness in CFS.

Other issues have been seen & they will be presented to the SASESVA Executive for a decision on if the problems will be pursued. This is related to the grievance process.

A visit by SASESVA Representative to the Unit will also be arranged to reinforce the grievance process.

Andrew Mac
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2007, 04:47:36 PM »
Nice to see that SES have it all in hand...........

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2007, 06:03:22 PM »

Situation... normal...
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2007, 06:09:45 PM »

Situation... normal...

Unfortunately, not in hand....SES lost a volunteer...thankfully the person transferred so the community still gets the benefit.....
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 06:13:14 PM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

rescue5271

« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2007, 08:54:25 PM »
true they have lost that member,and as you said ses are looking into the unit so end of story....(THE END)

Offline Nufty

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 30, 2007, 01:00:43 PM »
Howdy all, long time lurker, first time poster!

This whole topic actually prompted me to jump on the trend train and grab an account for myself, cause just looking at these kinds of posts tends to irk me. The fact that everyone jumps to conclusions based on one side of what is more than likely a huge clusterspew of trouble... Why butt in, or criticize? I see several members who are far from perfect themselves criticize other services etc. Its all well and good to have an opinion, but forcing it upon all others and criticizing those who don't agree seems very narrow minded...

As for the OH&S issue, it would appear it was addressed at a unit level, so why come on here and whinge? Just because the resolution wasn't one you witnessed... Would that not mean that you are out for retribution rather than resolution? It seems this forum is filled with people who are soley here to stir the pot.. If you don't like so much about the services, why not leave? Its like looking in on a gaggle of teenage girls at lunch time on here sometimes... There's a lot of valuable input in some situations, but topics like this seem to be soley there to cause a bit of trouble. I agree with Squiddy in the fact that it does appear petty and spiteful.

Everyone is massively brave behind a computer screen, but none of these issues seem to be brought up at appropriate times with appropriate people. We all work hard, so why the hell make things any harder by adding MORE to the massive ball of politics?

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 30, 2007, 01:24:50 PM »
I think enough has been said on this. Topic Locked

anything