Author Topic: CFS Station most in need or repair/replacement  (Read 31005 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: CFS Station most in need or repair/replacement
« Reply #50 on: November 05, 2007, 04:42:12 PM »
no, the offer would be two appliances, 450L Light rural AND 1000L 14, but the lack of water supply issue is big down there, so they are prefering a new 34.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 05, 2007, 05:06:52 PM »
Zippy am I right your talking about Salt Creek R3 (2005-06 5 tasks). Two vehicles to replace one, where would they put them? The shed looks too small & should be condemed. I'm sorry if I'm wrong but I just find it unbelievable that this idea makes sense.
Ken
just another retard!

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 05, 2007, 05:19:44 PM »
I remember hearing about a DEH facility only 2mins from there current location, which had enough space.

But i dont think much has changed in several months.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 05, 2007, 05:23:49 PM »
Thanks mate - good on them if it happens. Just doesn't make sense to me, but what would I know I'm not a firie :-D
Ken
just another retard!

rescue5271

« Reply #54 on: November 05, 2007, 07:25:41 PM »
As long as the  have the volunteers give them a better station a new 34 and a 14 they need it as they have such a remote area to cover as well as doing the SAAS work....Yes water is a big problem in that area and will be till someone does something about it....

Offline backburn

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 05, 2007, 09:42:22 PM »
Why then not give a Brigade with over 100 callouts and having members sent home because the 34 went with a full crew no way to get another 8 members out another unit.

Offline mattb

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2007, 06:30:32 PM »
The DEH regional office is in Salt Creek, that is where the fire (aka burnoff that went pear shaped) was run from a few years ago.

I believe Salt Creek are also involved in the SAAS first responder program, so a quick attack vehicle could possibly be useful for that as well..

rescue5271

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2007, 07:39:26 PM »
There are a number of issues with in that area and one is the lack of NEW BLOOD into the service and the declining farmers,the area is isolated with SAAS at meningie or from kingston both are long drives..the brigade has for a number of years been part of a program to provide SAAS duties in the area till a ambulance arrives. the brigade is very lucky to have a nurse/ambo in the brigade who is able to provide training.Last time i called into see them they where talking about having a auto defib and some or gear on the applinces.the bulk of thier SAAS gear is kept at the local shop...

Offline mengcfs

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2007, 09:54:52 AM »
Salt Creek (R3) are in my Group. Negotiations are still underway regarding the appliance(s) with CFS and the new/relocation of a station is still being consulted with CFS and DEH. This Brigade won't be pushed into something they don't want and good on them for sticking at it.

probie_boy

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2007, 02:21:00 PM »
Salt Creek (R3) are in my Group. Negotiations are still underway regarding the appliance(s) with CFS and the new/relocation of a station is still being consulted with CFS and DEH. This Brigade won't be pushed into something they don't want and good on them for sticking at it.

when your a little brigade like that, that takes a lot of cajones to say no. good on em.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #60 on: November 13, 2007, 09:39:52 PM »
we have just received our new station which cost a fair amount and we still have to try and find space for gear once we put the two trucks and the cruiser in there is very little room for the floats and trailers how ever we will manage the interesting point is that we got a quote for a shed and it was less the 1/4 the price of the shed we got the quote was for a bigger shed aswel. yes there is alot to be done to some ses and cfs stations.