Author Topic: New Dispatch Vs old SOC  (Read 33689 times)

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: New Dispatch Vs old SOC
« Reply #100 on: December 15, 2007, 12:21:19 PM »
The tower used to be the first report of quite a few incidents.

You mean before mobile phones?

lol - for all the decent posts from people like yourself, and numbers... there are also some extremely uneducated ones. the fire tower has proven itself year after year, although it can depend on the tower operator (and the cleanliness of the tower windows ;) )

I asked because you said "Used", indicating that it's not the case anymore.... I wondered what changed...

im not sure what the new procedures for them are, was simpyl meaning in the past years...

6793264 - what a load of rubbish from someone with no personal experience with the tower, would have thought a friend of yours could have kept you better informed.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: December 15, 2007, 12:48:19 PM »
6793264 - what a load of rubbish from someone with no personal experience with the tower, would have thought a friend of yours could have kept you better informed.

I would agree that it is a load of rubbish if it wasn't for the fact that I've spent my fair share of time in the tower, and no matter how hard we would scan the surrounds, that was the way it ended up 99% of the time.

In years past it has been vital, but these days, its just a little past it.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: December 15, 2007, 01:04:32 PM »
obviously no point arguing with you mate :roll:

im sure you must know better than me then, possibly better than anyone   :wink:

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: December 15, 2007, 01:09:34 PM »
obviously no point arguing with you mate :roll:

im sure you must know better than me then, possibly better than anyone   :wink:
Yeah, you've got me pegged mate.  :roll:

So because we have both had vastly differing tower experiences, and I related mine - which was one of the tower being rather out dated and not as useful as it could have been - I'm the uneducated one that is spewing baseless rubbish.

Righto :)

*hug*
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: December 15, 2007, 01:14:45 PM »
 :-P

that may be your perception, but from my reading of your posts, you have just bagegd the crap out of the tower, and said what a watse it is...

my experience has seen it be the main/initial point of call for many incidents, including jobs in extremely built up areas where you would think the public would call it in first; examples that come to mind are a shed/grassfire in hawthorndene, and a shed fire around the st agnes area.

dont get me wrong, ill be the first to say that i think wuite a few of the 'tower operators' arent worth the AC bill.... but at the same time that tower not only shaves time off the initial reporting of incidents (or has in the past) and has also been used to confirm incidents (as you stated) but then give a semi-decent size up of whether mnore resources are going to be required straight away.

just my $0.02