Author Topic: Kangaroo Fires Deployment  (Read 15201 times)

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
Re: Kangaroo Fires Deployment
« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2007, 12:05:42 AM »
I thought "Tent City" has been round for a few years?.. Or were they SES resuorces the last few times?

Tent City has always been a CFS resource how ever it was just about always setup and whatnot by SES crews.. SES now also have a Tent City thanks to KI there was a small bit about it on the back of this weeks Sunday Mail of how SES bought out 2 camping stores of sleeping bags, tents, etc etc..

700 sleeping bags to be precise :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2007, 09:15:56 AM »
Actually ive heard they were bought by CFS through the SES, so expect to see another Pod for the Region 3 Pod Truck.  :wink: :-P

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2007, 09:18:04 AM »
Actually ive heard they were bought by CFS through the SES, so expect to see another Pod for the Region 3 Pod Truck.  :wink: :-P

Yeah and it will be marked Tent City c/w sleeping bags :lol:
Images are copyright

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2007, 09:25:16 AM »
bout time they retrofit fixed wing bombers to transport people to KI, in the bomb pod ;)

Offline alphaone

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2007, 02:41:39 PM »
Alphaone, you must have been in a different place to me on KI   :wink:  ...there were 4 ladies showers within the footy club rooms....I understand there were further showers (the semi trailer based ones) brought in part way through the deployment...

Pip

I was there on Saturday 8th to Monday 10th. at that point they still had only one female shower. and I saw HEAPS of females there.

Offline alphaone

• View Profile
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2007, 02:44:09 PM »

NO not region 3 Pod truck- State Logistics three- based at Brukunga- in a shead at STC.

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2008, 08:48:27 AM »
there were pages for metro units to go to warooka to let the locals have a break yet we are in the same region and were not asked. we were only asked if we wanted to go to KI when we wanted to help out in our region we were told we were not needed.

Offline Benji

• View Profile
    • MySpace
« Reply #32 on: January 29, 2008, 11:35:31 PM »
there were pages for metro units to go to warooka to let the locals have a break yet we are in the same region and were not asked. we were only asked if we wanted to go to KI when we wanted to help out in our region we were told we were not needed.

The city crews also took supplies with them for the CFS I think..
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2008, 12:57:55 PM »
yeah its understandable but when we sort out who can go who is staying around here and then find out other units have been going its frustrating at times it feels like we aren't here oh well maybe next time