Author Topic: More UFU crap  (Read 23563 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: More UFU crap
« Reply #50 on: January 29, 2008, 07:53:19 PM »
How ironic is it to say  "MFS Country Station's"...Metro..Country...ehh...METRY??

Offline Sarge

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 29, 2008, 10:30:02 PM »
How ironic is it to say  "MFS Country Station's"...Metro..Country...ehh...METRY??

Yup, Don't make sence does it, particularly when most country towns with both MFS & CFS, out of the 2 CFS usually does more jobs

Offline K99

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2008, 02:59:58 PM »

Yeah or how ironic is this....Country..Metro..what the? Countros!!!
I love the smell of napalm in the morning,smells like,like........VICTORY

uniden

« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2008, 03:04:59 PM »
Sorry my bad, the MFS call them regional stations now.

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2008, 03:22:28 PM »
The article needs to be read in conjunction with the UFU submission to the F&ES review. intergrated tri service, rather than the one all encompassing service they were hoping for! What they want is to do it all (except for the stuff that takes lots of man power & time)And with CFS doing rural fire fighting & SES doing storm & flood non glory work, SAF&RS members will be UFU, the power of the union increases & the vollie associations decreases. Once the volunteers are subdued then they will start on the retained crews trying to justify full timers in their positions. Why? - easy more full time members, means more union dues (the union has more money to play with) and everyones happy!
Well done UFU going public with something that should have been kept internal, but remember the next time that your members have a job that goes sour - the media will remember your comments & so will the property owners - I don't think they will be saying "oh well you did your best".
Interestingly SAFECOM spoke for both service chiefs - more intergration?
Anyway enough of my rant :-D
cheers

Some good points in there chook, but further to that.  
 Knowing full well that the minister does have someone read these posts, and orders ministerial's at the drop of a hat, we have a current state government full of former UFU members and officials, which is slowly but surely using its political leverage to its advantage Minister Zollo take note there are more than ample SACFS volunteers in marginal electoral areas who don't like lip treatment and are swinging voters (yes some of us know how the political game is played). My opinion only is that the CFSVA is weak on issues such as these.  CFSVA representative members: these are the issues that get up the nose of your members! yet we hear diddly squat from you in the media supporting us and defending us, yes occasionally we may hear you on ABC891, but we want more than that, we've also yet to hear anything supportive from SAFECOM, SAMFS, SACFS or CFSVA WHERE IS OUR SUPPORT ? and yes Chook I also agree with good on the UFU, they are there to represent their members and are doing a great job at it, maybe the CFSVA can take a leaf from their book and play the same game. SACFS members are sick of having the boot put into them constantly in the media without even a murmur of response or support!
  Further question then is the CFSVA hampered in its actions and response's due to where its funding and sourcing comes from?
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline Big Yellow Gongbeater

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2008, 03:26:33 PM »

Yeah or how ironic is this....Country..Metro..what the? Countros!!!

So the head of that station would they be called the Fat cont fat cont fat cont fat controller ask's Big Yellowgongbeater who stutters at the most inappropriate time.  :-D
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 03:31:39 PM by Big Yellow Gongbeater »
"Madness and chaos reign supreme. My work here is done"

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2008, 04:18:24 PM »
Sorry my bad, the MFS call them regional stations now.

Not according to their website :-P

http://www.samfs.sa.gov.au/about/firestationsCountry.asp
Images are copyright

uniden

« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
That website is terribly out of date, some of the appliance photos are Hinos and F350`s still. Has been known as regional operations since 2005. That what it says on the stationery now as well as their name badges.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 04:36:14 PM by uniden »

Offline pete

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2008, 08:37:30 PM »
Well done Big Yellow Gongbeater,a lot of people agree with what your saying.

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 31, 2008, 06:48:29 AM »
Big Yellowgongbeater - mate totally agree, been looking for a response from your association and you know the answer already!
It is a pity that the politicians, the UFU, the associations(yes both of them)& the public either don't understand or choose not to understand that:-
a) we live in a large state.
b) we have a small population.
c) we are geographically dispersed but with the majority living in the south/ southeastern corner.
d) emergency response costs money (lots of it!) whether using payed staff or free labour :-D
e) the current situation is not sustainable into the future!
f) And finally the vollies are getting tired of all of this crap!
The community is far more reliant on a strong Emergency Service sector, than it has in the past (don't see too many civilians out there with wet wetbags beating fires back or building levees).
And the risks are increasing not decreasing - so instead of people worrying about there own little world, start looking at the big picture!
And you can't provide an effective Emergency response across the entire state with payed staff alone, so by continually attacking the volunteers, making their lives harder, putting more hurdles in the way is just driving potential vollies away. So for those who read this & are not the men & woman out on the ground doing the actual response work (I include the front line troops from CFS, SAMFS & SES)you have to stop this rubbish & start looking after your front line troops or one day you won't have any left! And one day UFU that little statement on the weekend will come back to bite you :wink:
Here is a final thought, why not transfer ESO's including ambulance to the Feds? :wink:
Only joking
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: January 31, 2008, 11:13:18 AM »
Ah yes our association not one word in response.Maybe its because the government are giving them some money,is why they dont want to bite the hand that feeds it. :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 03, 2008, 04:51:07 PM »
You won't hear a thing in protest while the two groups are collaborating.......Many issues are being addressed cooperatively.

You can't really have a public spat with a Union you are working with on certain issues :roll:

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 03, 2008, 05:36:58 PM »
Do you suggest there is some horse trading going on? :-D
Look out firies I feel something bad going on :wink:
Or is it us who should look out?
cheers
Ken
just another retard!

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:38 PM »
if you read the papers, theres a number of other issues that the UFU, CFSVA (or whatever there called now) and SASESVA are working on together, including the change of speed limit past stationary emergency services...

i guess they need to try to keep some cooperation happening, rather than going down each others throats completely at the moment...

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 03, 2008, 05:42:25 PM »
chook, correct 10 points for you!

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2008, 11:52:04 AM »
The VFBA or what ever they are called these days will never do anything decent because they are funded by the CFS and will not bight the hand that feeds them.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2008, 01:20:30 PM »
would it be a viable option for the CFSVA to become somewhat independent. Funded by the Volunteers/Community to support us Volunteers. Essentially becoming a Volunteer Service Union.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2008, 01:33:11 PM »
I'd be more than happy to pay a chunk of cash to an independent body that was going to hold the CFS accountable on everything, from SOP's and CRD, to PPW and Appliances.

Then we might actually see some progress.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Cameron Yelland

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »
Bring it on!
Compton CFS Brigade
Captain
(Formally Comp00)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2008, 03:44:43 PM »
I'd be more than happy to pay a chunk of cash to an independent body that was going to hold the CFS accountable on everything, from SOP's and CRD, to PPW and Appliances.

Then we might actually see some progress.
CRD? Dont the MFS do that?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »
CRD? Dont the MFS do that?

Yes, but there is a lot of work that can be done and needs to be done by CFS in terms of ALERTS, response planning, and supplying the correct information to SAMFS so that responses are done correctly.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

anything