Author Topic: SAAS Comms and paging delays  (Read 12342 times)

rescue5271

SAAS Comms and paging delays
« Reply #25 on: November 23, 2007, 03:59:18 PM »
One would hope with the job at the DOO,that someone is going to follow this delay up with those at the top? 6 mins is a hell of a long time for any service to wait and be paged for a job.. How hard is it to link the saas/sapol/mfs/cfs comms from one location into all service data base.

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 23, 2007, 04:03:08 PM »
One would hope with the job at the DOO,that someone is going to follow this delay up with those at the top? 6 mins is a filtered of a long time for any service to wait and be paged for a job.. How hard is it to link the saas/sapol/mfs/cfs comms from one location into all service data base.

From an Information Technology perspective....very difficult.
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 23, 2007, 04:05:20 PM »
One would hope with the job at the DOO,that someone is going to follow this delay up with those at the top? 6 mins is a filtered of a long time for any service to wait and be paged for a job.. How hard is it to link the saas/sapol/mfs/cfs comms from one location into all service data base.

From an Information Technology perspective....very difficult.

In other places in the country, the Fire Service (paid and volunteer) arrive at jobs regularly *before* the ambos or police.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 23, 2007, 04:14:26 PM »

whats this so called delay with the kdoo job?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 23, 2007, 04:52:04 PM »

I had no idea that the actual accident happened until hearing my pager sound at 14:12 but still i agree with blinky a 6 minute delay in paging Kalangadoo & Penola to the accident is unacceptable   
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 23, 2007, 08:01:00 PM »

For instance, with yesterday's job at the 'doo, it is my understanding (all second hand from SAPOL) is that it took 6 mins from receipt of a call saying a car was on fire to respond anything. Interestingly CFS was paged before SAAS, but 6 mins is a filtered of a long time when a vehicle's on fire.

If Sapol took the initial call by the time they got all info and then passed it on to Adelaide fire a 6 minute gap may not have been all that bad :? If that is what happened.
Lt. Goolwa CFS

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #31 on: November 23, 2007, 08:57:52 PM »
i cant see all service going to one comcen ever sapol do hundreds of jobs a day so do saas how ever there would be a big benefit if all services could receive the info straight away.

yes something needs to be done about the time gap but at the end of the day is 6 mins difference all that bad yes its great when all pagers drop at once.

but hay as long as every body is paged out as soon as possible it doesn't matter who gets there first or last as long as you get there   

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2007, 09:00:27 PM »

For instance, with yesterday's job at the 'doo, it is my understanding (all second hand from SAPOL) is that it took 6 mins from receipt of a call saying a car was on fire to respond anything. Interestingly CFS was paged before SAAS, but 6 mins is a filtered of a long time when a vehicle's on fire.

If Sapol took the initial call by the time they got all info and then passed it on to Adelaide fire a 6 minute gap may not have been all that bad :? If that is what happened.

Why in gods name is SAAS being paged for a car fire?

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 23, 2007, 09:16:54 PM »
Because the fire resulted from a crash of the vehicle....with a person still trapped inside.

Unfortunately for all those concerned, the only things SAAS might have been able to do is legally certify the occupant dead...but even that looked like a difficult task to do

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 23, 2007, 09:44:41 PM »
Because the fire resulted from a crash of the vehicle....with a person still trapped inside.

Unfortunately for all those concerned, the only things SAAS might have been able to do is legally certify the occupant dead...but even that looked like a difficult task to do

Pip
Thats cool then.

*gets back in box*

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 24, 2007, 07:06:02 AM »
Where were SAAS sent from?

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 24, 2007, 07:57:48 AM »
NG81(Nangwarry)was first paged but when their volunteer crew couldnt be reached SAAS Comms dispatched MC81(Millicent)and MG81(Mount Gambier)paramedic crews but due to the occupant being already incinerated MC81 was the only Ambulance on scene when Kalangadoo 34 arrived         
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline bajdas

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 24, 2007, 03:14:26 PM »
i cant see all service going to one comcen ever sapol do hundreds of jobs a day so do saas how ever there would be a big benefit if all services could receive the info straight away. ....

Not sure how staffing of the comcens will be done when SACAD arrives, but I have heard that:
* MFS, CFS & SES (incl Marine Rescue) will be using SACAD database/system with one comcen = SAFECOM Comcen
* SAAS will be using SACAD database/system with own comcen because call-takers give first-aid advice & they are Health dept.
* SAPOL on own database/system from own comcen.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2007, 10:35:12 AM by bajdas »
Andrew Macmichael
lives at Pt Noarlunga South.

My personal opinion only.

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Re: SAAS Comms and paging delays
« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2007, 08:27:35 AM »
I'll be happy once the SACAD system comes in even though it will have some bugs at first it will avoid delays in paging once the system is up and running cause we wont have to rely on second hand info
Kalangadoo Brigade

rescue5271

« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2007, 01:02:49 PM »
SACAD will be fine robert as long as its run by safecom and not MFS/CFS/SES/SAAS...

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2007, 01:13:46 PM »
My main concern is will the CAD system run out of Adelaide Fire be able to handle loads of fire calls during the January-February period of the fire season where the bulk of our callouts happen  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Alan (Big Al)

• Forum Captain
  • CRUMPETS
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2007, 01:58:57 PM »
You thinkin it's gonna be pretty busy in the Doo... Robert??? :-P
Lt. Goolwa CFS

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2007, 02:46:41 PM »
Im seeing it being pretty busy for the whole of Region 5  :|
Kalangadoo Brigade

sesroadcrashrescue

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2007, 10:29:30 PM »
sacad has been delayed at this stage for unknown reasons all i know is its not going to be ready for the end of the year

rescue5271

« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2007, 05:28:41 AM »
Which year?????

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 30, 2007, 11:37:20 AM »
This seems to be a double up of another thread where this topic has been much discussed
Images are copyright

anything