Author Topic: Volunteer Retention  (Read 10115 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Volunteer Retention
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2008, 10:51:04 PM »
lets help finance put that to 15%..with 2.5% more funding goin to Quailty Appliance builds ;)

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 09:51:58 PM »
You get paged to a domestic fire in the middle of the day. Your brigade is an urban rural 24 with 2 BA sets, 3 crew arrive 2 of which are BA and at least 1 who can drive. you should aotomatically be responding with another brigade.

as you don't think you will get any more and the middle of the day other brigades mays struggle with crews so you respond but call for another brigade due to low crew. this way you should end up with 3 truck s ~10 crew and ~6BA sets cant see any problems with that.

and on bad fire danger days that 14 with 2 or three guys may be in luck and stop a disaster but of course dont be stupid. (if your 14 is a QAV you can only hve 2 so it is reasonable)

fixed some spelling
« Last Edit: January 09, 2008, 08:28:25 PM by bittenyakka »

Offline standpipe

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 12:11:40 PM »
 :?
huh ?????????????????

you get paged to a domestic fire in the midle of the day in on an uran rural 24 with 2 BA sets and 3 crew arrive 2 for whiche ar BA and at tleast 1 who can drive. you should aotomatically be responding with another brigade.

as you don't think you will get any more and the middle of the day other brigades mays struggle with cres so respond but call for another brigade due to low crew. this way you should end up with 3 truck s ~10 crew  ~6BA sets cant see any problems with that.

and on bad fire danger days that 14 with 2 or three guys may be in luck and stop a disaster but of course dont be stupid. (if your 14 is a QAV you can only hve 2 so it is reasonable)
find 'em hot leave 'em wet !

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 12:38:37 PM »
SOPs....

structure fire.. 2 appliances, 3 persons does not qualify as a crew, therefore page another brigade to attend...

i think thats what bittenyakka was getting at.

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 09, 2008, 04:31:58 PM »
yeah, did i miss something standpipe?

Offline littlejohn

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 09, 2008, 07:53:48 PM »
yeah, did i miss something standpipe?

Spelling? Grammar??!

(intended with good humour bittenyakka. Sorry mate, but I couldn't really follow your post either.)