Author Topic: 25th Anniversary of Ash Wednesday  (Read 15576 times)

rescue5271

Re: 25th Anniversary of Ash Wednesday
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2008, 03:52:31 PM »
I have spoken to a number of people who went to tarpeena and they all said it was not that good and there where alot of unhappy people there due to the manner in which the service was hijacked and not by CFS but those further up the food chain...I am sure that the next SE VFBA meeting at Penola might be  very hot......

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2008, 04:26:41 PM »
I have spoken to a number of people who went to tarpeena and they all said it was not that good and there where alot of unhappy people there due to the manner in which the service was hijacked and not by CFS but those further up the food chain...I am sure that the next SE VFBA meeting at Penola might be  very hot......

Hijacked  :? the memorial service went really well although the tarpeena progress society should have made abit more of an effort to gain actual memorabilia such as a EFS helmet,metal knapsack,fire beater and a radio used during Ash Wednesday to put on display 
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 04:30:23 PM by Robert34 »
Kalangadoo Brigade

rescue5271

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2008, 07:54:28 PM »
Robert,when those at the top tell you they are taking over then why would they want to get all the old gear..............also i understand the plague did not look nice and did not list that this was the largest forest fire in Australian history nor did it list the names of those members killed in the line od duty on that day in the SE.....

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2008, 08:10:48 PM »
Come to think of it Blinky you are right the plaque looked too simple and didnt mention the names of people who died in the local area on that day unlike Kalangadoo's memorial plaque which mentions each name of the residents who got killed during the 83 fires
Kalangadoo Brigade