Technical Discussion > ALL Rescue

Favourite rescue tool

(1/11) > >>

Good times:
Over the years I am sure a lot of you have used various rescue tools, what are your fav's, I have always preferred Holmatro, but have used the others and they all have thier good points, for overall ease of use I prefer Holmatro.

What do you prefer?

strikeathird:
Hydrolic powered, definately Holmatro, altho don't like the hand swivel which opens and closes the tool.

Fav. Hand tool, definately the Halligan :D (Or Hooligan as some say)

Firefrog:
Anything so long as it's Holmatro :-D

Personally my favourite is a 3150 combi tool - lot's of RCR purists say it's not up to speed for heavy entrapments, but the things you can do with it are amazing. Light, powerful and very versatile.

Steveg:
we have just recieved one of these Holmatro Combi-Tools. what sort of restrictions does it have over heavy rescue gear? would you say that for all your "day to day" uses it is up to the task? i have had a play with it but have not used it on a vehicle as yet. seems comfortable to handle tho. :-o

Good times:
You can do a fair bit with it, the cutters are not as good as they don't cross over like a dedicated cutter, but you could do door pops , you remove a roof, but the easiest way is to cut up a car and see what it does.

So what happened to your lucas heavy gear then?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version