Author Topic: Burnside Pumper  (Read 63189 times)

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Re: Burnside Pumper
« Reply #75 on: February 27, 2008, 06:11:23 PM »
Yes, Yes I do think we will be  :-)

But maybe in a "rural only" capacity?
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 27, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
Being a pumper that does COQ into Station 20 as per EMA, youd hope it to be of a MFS pumper standard.

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 27, 2008, 09:49:50 PM »
Probably the biggest cost factor to CFS at present is fixing all the filtered on newly built appliances and the costs to get them fixed :?

They should follow the TFS example and build their spec 34's instead :wink:

As for tacking onto a MFS order, well we know that CFS does not want heavy pumpers in service....same can be said for us having the identical BA sets in both services.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2008, 09:52:00 PM by SA Firey »
Images are copyright

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 27, 2008, 10:00:43 PM »
We would certinaly hate to have lighter cylinders with longer capacity ...  :roll:

Offline Hicksflat14

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 28, 2008, 08:29:21 AM »
Being a pumper that does COQ into Station 20 as per EMA, youd hope it to be of a MFS pumper standard.

Well then should every CFS brigade that borders MFS such as Eden Hills, Salisbury, Belair, TTG, Athelstone, Stirling, HV, MV etc who do COQs get one?
How about the regional CFS brigades that do COQ? I bet COMP00 would love a MFS standard pumper in their new shed.
Lets face it though, Burnside pumper has less to do with requirement and more to do with them having the money and will to do it.

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 28, 2008, 08:35:50 AM »
Well in the case of Change of Quarters for Adelaide 20, with a lot of high rise's with boosters and sprinklers...it would be where ud expect higher capacity pumpers to do it  hence Burnside....and yes probably Athelstone, TTG, Salisbury, Belair, Morphett Vale etc....

It only takes 2or3 2nd alarms for CFS to be paged for COQ...   to cover a full urban risk area.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 28, 2008, 08:49:17 AM »
Well in the case of Change of Quarters for Adelaide 20, with a lot of high rise's with boosters and sprinklers...it would be where ud expect higher capacity pumpers to do it  hence Burnside....and yes probably Athelstone, TTG, Salisbury, Belair, Morphett Vale etc...

The point that that hicksflat14 is trying to make is that every station that does COQ to any MFS station around the state could possible then argue that they *need* a decent pumper. The area covered by 20stn isn't that only place in the state with high rises and booster installations. I would be surprised if there were any Metropolitan MFS station WITHOUT booster installations in their response area.

We would certinaly hate to have lighter cylinders with longer capacity ...  :roll:

The cylinder change over would be fantastic, but I'd be gunning for new BA sets. ANYTHING but the ones CFS currently use.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline loopylou

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 28, 2008, 11:19:09 AM »
I've just read this thread from start to finish, and I don't know guys, it seems to me that you lot should be running SAFECOM and not the other way around. lol  :-D

I will say that from what i've heard from a couple of Burnside members, that your current truck is pretty well stuffed. How long is it going to be 'til you get your new truck?

Offline loopylou

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 28, 2008, 11:23:27 AM »
PS. I think that the Tatra looks pretty good, needs a decent bullbar, some driving lights and other mods. But lets face it, anything that can hold its own in the Paris-Dakar rally absolutely shits all over anything that the CFS currently has.
I'd take one at my brigade any day. :wink:

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 28, 2008, 11:52:00 AM »
it seems to me that you lot should be running SAFECOM and not the other way around. lol  grin

lol...being a bean counter would suck actually :P

its CFS HQ who makes a lot of these decisions...they are a good bunch there "mostly" ;)

Offline TillerMan

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 28, 2008, 02:12:26 PM »
Dezza how many people have you met from HQ?

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 28, 2008, 02:42:21 PM »
Apparently none.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline CFS_Firey

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 28, 2008, 03:43:18 PM »
Ouch

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 28, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
theres a few on here ;)...

they are a good bunch there "mostly" Wink
was just a generalisation....its not hard to think about what goes on there....

Back to Burnside Pumper....
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 04:04:54 PM by Zippy28 »

Offline Gilly

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 29, 2008, 10:53:43 AM »
I've just read this thread from start to finish, and I don't know guys, it seems to me that you lot should be running SAFECOM and not the other way around. lol  :-D

I will say that from what i've heard from a couple of Burnside members, that your current truck is pretty well stuffed. How long is it going to be 'til you get your new truck?

Looking at october/november 08 all going to plan...

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: February 29, 2008, 02:06:26 PM »
your profile picture looks like a nice photo gilly
what is it of?

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 29, 2008, 02:17:58 PM »
More like.. "What was"..

Offline Gilly

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 29, 2008, 04:42:06 PM »
it is a $2 million dollar bugatti veyron. Owned by an english guy, had it one week, lent it to his brother who wrote it off on a motorway.  :lol:

Offline bittenyakka

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 29, 2008, 04:47:59 PM »
try not to do that to your  new truck :-D :-P

Offline Footy

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 29, 2008, 09:08:30 PM »
nice one, bet the brother was pleased!!
 :evil:

Offline DA_FIREY007

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 25, 2008, 01:04:38 PM »
What would be interesting to know is if the CFS have ever investigated building other pumpers besides the type 2, which is tacked onto the end of the NSWFB order.

For interests sake - how much extra would it cost to tack on 4 or 5 pumpers to an SAMFS or MFB order, compared to the current type 2.

Basically none of these trucks are going to be perfect for every response area but maybe more suited then the current type 2 in areas such as Happy Valley, Morphettvale, Seaford, Salisbury, Dalkeith, Athelstone, Burnside.

Just to make sure im not confusing anyone - all im saying is maybe there is other pumpers available on the market that maybe more suited to those areas for similar costs rather then building an individual appliance for each brigade as we all know this is not cost effective or efficient for the service.

Nice how you put in 3 of the Mawson Group Stations in there and forget about Mt. Barker who also have a tendancy for trying to get better trucks Aka Dennis (LOL), I hear Seaford are having fun with that at the moment and just as a question I have been hearing that atleast one Type 2 Pumper got sent back to SEM with Major Problems with it's Computerised Pumping System can anyone give us more info on who and what exactly is happening with that.

Offline Jono

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 25, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »

Nice how you put in 3 of the Mawson Group Stations in there and forget about Mt. Barker who also have a tendancy for trying to get better trucks Aka Dennis (LOL), I hear Seaford are having fun with that at the moment and just as a question I have been hearing that atleast one Type 2 Pumper got sent back to SEM with Major Problems with it's Computerised Pumping System can anyone give us more info on who and what exactly is happening with that.

Thats Happy Valleys type 2 appliance, the auto control side of the pump apparently shat itself and it got sent back to Victoria to be fixed. As for the Dennis, no major problems (yet) just lots of annoying things go wrong each week....
Jono
Snr 2
Seaford CFS (Mawson Group)

BLEVE

pumprescue

« Reply #97 on: April 25, 2008, 06:55:47 PM »
Much the same as when Mt Barker had it, loads of things going wrong every week.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: April 25, 2008, 08:05:34 PM »
What would be interesting to know is if the CFS have ever investigated building other pumpers besides the type 2, which is tacked onto the end of the NSWFB order.

For interests sake - how much extra would it cost to tack on 4 or 5 pumpers to an SAMFS or MFB order, compared to the current type 2.

Basically none of these trucks are going to be perfect for every response area but maybe more suited then the current type 2 in areas such as Happy Valley, Morphettvale, Seaford, Salisbury, Dalkeith, Athelstone, Burnside.

Just to make sure im not confusing anyone - all im saying is maybe there is other pumpers available on the market that maybe more suited to those areas for similar costs rather then building an individual appliance for each brigade as we all know this is not cost effective or efficient for the service.

Major problems?.. Info on 'who'? and what is happening with that?.. - Dunno mate, sounds like you've got all the info DA_FireyBond.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 08:11:10 PM by RescueHazmat »

Offline DA_FIREY007

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 25, 2008, 09:29:59 PM »
I had just heard that one of the Type 2's had been sent back to SEM with a problem with it's Pumping System just not sure who's truck it was thought.

anything