Author Topic: CFS Courses  (Read 35647 times)

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: CFS Courses
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2008, 12:27:39 PM »
Was talking to a DGO down south and they have been waiting well over 2 years for PBI gold,so why not give them level 3 nomax?? If lion can't keep up then CFS need to do something as brigade's are  going to working fire's and wearing level one gear with CABA and before you start jumping up and down about level one gear we used to do it for years......

I have said it before it is not Lion.....That cause these delays!!!! They can meet almost any demand. Look else where for someone to blame. :roll: Like the agencies

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 26, 2008, 02:33:05 PM »
Try getting the orange stripes in a fairly short period of time.. Was told a couple months wait at one stage.. - (Yellow however was not a problem, guessing they had more stocked)..

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2008, 07:48:47 PM »
Try getting the orange stripes in a fairly short period of time.. Was told a couple months wait at one stage.. - (Yellow however was not a problem, guessing they had more stocked)..

That's cause there is more of us CFS buggers :-D
Images are copyright

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2008, 09:24:22 PM »
PUAFIR202A  Respond to isolated/remote structure fire

This would be a good course to make available especially for all of those brigades like Roxby Downs,Andamooka who are stationed out in the middle of no where and have to deal with remote structural fires 
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2008, 09:56:05 PM »
I do wonder how isolated/remote structure fires differ from 'normal' structure fires apart from time taken to arrive and water supply.
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 15, 2008, 10:12:22 AM »
I do wonder how isolated/remote structure fires differ from 'normal' structure fires apart from time taken to arrive and water supply.

Not to mention where you get your additional resources from, but the structure would probably be on the ground by then.
Images are copyright

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 15, 2008, 10:17:16 AM »
 "CFSRES" Broom and shovel priority one for slab clearance :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 15, 2008, 10:22:34 AM »
Unless you got there really fast and used your CFB techniques to use minimal amount of water on the job :wink:
Images are copyright

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 15, 2008, 03:00:53 PM »
The respond to isolated/remote structure fire could mean responding to house fires on cattle properties out in the middle of nowhere up in the outback areas where the only water supply could be a dam  :-)
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2008, 07:56:07 PM »
PUAFIR202A  Respond to isolated/remote structure fire

This would be a good course to make available especially for all of those brigades like Roxby Downs,Andamooka who are stationed out in the middle of no where and have to deal with remote structural fires 

Roxby is fairly heavily populated. Would be no different to any other major town.

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:12 PM »
The respond to isolated/remote structure fire could mean responding to house fires on cattle properties out in the middle of nowhere up in the outback areas where the only water supply could be a dam  :-)

Yep, and buildings burn so differently in the sticks eh? So much so that it requires a separate AFAC module?
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline Pipster

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:37 PM »

That'd be my area..only water supply being dams, possibly tanks at the property....although we aren't quite outback areas, or the middle of nowhere!!

Pip
There are three types of people in the world.  Those that watch things happen, those who make things happen, and those who wonder what happened.

Offline JC

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 15, 2008, 09:11:02 PM »
Correct we are fairly well populated, but we struggle for numbers (we wish we had numbers (the person):wink:). Mooka is 30mins, Woomera is 50 & but we can call on the BHP ESOs for extra crew. There structure jobs i have had to go to at Mooka & Glendambo have been as Jaff said Broom and shovel priority one for slab clearance.

The respond to isolated/remote structure fires course is really just about fighting fire in structure that is by its self ie no exposures, you still go through the same topics, arrival, entry, firefighting techniques etc etc. Its really just a basic structure fire cause, no CFB, Tact Vent etc.

Roxby Downs CFS
Lt 2
BHP ESO

Offline SA Firey

• Forum Group Officer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 15, 2008, 11:25:46 PM »
Then there's the chainsaw courses, you do it 5 years later you struggle to get back on one to stay accredited :evil:
Images are copyright

Offline OMGWTF

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2008, 08:07:09 AM »
« Last Edit: August 16, 2008, 08:08:47 AM by OMGWTF »

Offline Robert-Robert34

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2008, 10:59:16 AM »
Then there's the chainsaw courses, you do it 5 years later you struggle to get back on one to stay accredited :evil:

Been there completed that through TAFE  :roll:
Kalangadoo Brigade

Offline Ringer

• Forum Firefighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
Thanks you said it for me littlejohn!

This is starting to get ridiculous, volunteers should have respect for one another, not spend their time bagging one another!

Yet some volunteers have bag me tattooed across their foreheads. You know who I'm talking about Kat and don't deny it
Party Brigade.  Filtered the Brass

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2008, 08:20:12 AM »
When you look at the National competency remember its for all states, SA is a small fish in a big pond.
PUAFIR202A  Respond to isolated/remote structure fire - is the qualification that the RFS use for their village fire fighters. They use it to cover sheds, vehicles & houses in towns not covered by NSWFB.
With the chainsaw thing remember the competency is for life (unless you stuff up), the licence to operate however is up to the organisation you work for! If they insist a refresher every 5 years, then so be it.
cheers
Ken
just another retard!