Author Topic: Animal rescues  (Read 4582 times)

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« on: March 01, 2008, 09:10:49 PM »
MFS: *CFSRES INC002 01/03/08 00:43,RESPOND Rescue Animal,WELLINGTON RD,WISTOW MAP 000 0 0,FROM POLICE, ABOUT 2-3 KM FROM WISTOW. N,O ONE TRAPPED,MTB020 SES Mt Barker Response

MFS: *CFSRES INC002 01/03/08 00:47,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,WELLINGTON RD,WISTOW MAP 000 0 0 TG128,FROM POLICE ABOUT 2-3 KM FROM WISTOW NO,ONE TRAPPED,MBKR19 CFS Mount Barker Response

adelaide fire is doing well lately  :|

20:27:21   01-03-08   MFS: *CFSRES INC085 01/03/08 20:25,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,PLANTATION RD,KANMANTOO MAP 000 0 0 TG206,1.5 K OFF PRINCES HWY OUT OF KANMATOO TO,WARDS CALLINGTON,MTB020 CALN00 CFS Callington Response

20:27:10   01-03-08   MFS: *CFSRES INC085 01/03/08 20:25,RESPOND Vehicle Accident,PLANTATION RD,KANMANTOO MAP 000 0 0 TG206,1.5 K OFF PRINCES HWY OUT OF KANMATOO TO,WARDS CALLINGTON,MTB020 CALN00 SES Mt Barker Response

twice in 24 hours...interesting...

Might be that the operator's of the belief SES does Road Crash there, or clumsy with a mouse.

Offline Benji

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
    • MySpace
Animal rescues
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2008, 09:17:45 PM »
Might be that the operator's of the belief SES does Road Crash there, or clumsy with a mouse.

.. we told Adelaide Fire twice that we are not a RCR unit for this call, and even suggested Barker CFS on the initial call, but oh well.
Ben(B2)
Crossdressing SES & CFS member

Offline safireservice

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2008, 09:43:48 PM »

.. we told Adelaide Fire twice that we are not a RCR unit for this call, and even suggested Barker CFS on the initial call, but oh well.
But someone sitting at a console a long way away knows better than someone with local knowledge! Didnt you know that?  :-D
Treat everyone as if they are an idiot, until they prove you otherwise.

Offline mack

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2008, 06:07:42 AM »

But someone sitting at a console a long way away knows better than someone with local knowledge! Didnt you know that?  :-D

ever heard of a thing called pre-determined responses in BOMS?

if thats what BOMs says, they hit send. Not everyone has the time to know the entire state like the back of there hand, and if using BOMS there shouldnt be a need to consult the RCRD. Lodge a complaint and get the data changed, thats the only way anything will ever move forward.

in sayingthat though the first instance at Wistow, originally went out as an animal resue, so of course it will call SES... :-)

Offline 6739264

• Forum Captain
  • RETARD RETARD RETARD Need I say more?
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2008, 09:24:08 AM »
in sayingthat though the first instance at Wistow, originally went out as an animal resue, so of course it will call SES... :-)

And ain't that a tragedy. No more manly firemen rescuing the poor little girls' cat from up the tree. I hope that those who made the change occur realise that they have destroyed the dreams of hundreds, if not thousands of children around the state...

:(
To think they employed me as a drooling retard...

Offline squiddy

• Forum Senior Firefighter
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2008, 03:51:24 AM »

And ain't that a tragedy. No more manly firemen rescuing the poor little girls' cat from up the tree. I hope that those who made the change occur realise that they have destroyed the dreams of hundreds, if not thousands of children around the state...

The fireys can take any one of our animal rescue jobs... animals are the most ungrateful jerks... always scratching and biting and trying to attack you when all you are doing is trying to help them down so they can be hugged to death by some toddler or fed to death by some old lady...

except cows. rescuing cows from dams is fun  :evil:

Offline chook

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2008, 06:00:31 AM »
Amen to that Squiddy
Ken
just another retard!

Offline jaff

• Forum Captain
    • View Profile
Animal rescues
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2008, 09:07:05 AM »

The fireys can take any one of our animal rescue jobs... animals are the most ungrateful jerks... always scratching and biting and trying to attack you when all you are doing is trying to help them down so they can be hugged to death by some toddler or fed to death by some old lady...

except cows. rescuing cows from dams is fun  :evil:

Hey Sqiddy, back in my hey days , pulling cows out of muckholes was called dating :-D
Just Another Filtered Fireman

Offline MBKR19

• Forum Recruit
    • View Profile
Re: Animal rescues
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2008, 07:36:30 PM »
Its a good thing that the SES are doing teh animal rescues now. It takes a load off the CFS to do the thing that we are meant to be doing, not saving a cat from a branch!
First in, Last out.

Offline RescueHazmat

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2008, 07:58:05 PM »
I have personally plucked a small kitten from a tree (as part of the fire service), and the happiness shown on the 6 year old girls face made it well worth it.. I have also plucked children out of trees.. - Both living creatures.. - We save life, don't we??

Offline Zippy

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2008, 08:45:29 AM »
I have personally plucked a small kitten from a tree (as part of the fire service), and the happiness shown on the 6 year old girls face made it well worth it.. I have also plucked children out of trees.. - Both living creatures.. - We save life, don't we??

Those are the good moments :)