Author Topic: water alarm on new 34  (Read 4004 times)

rescue5271

water alarm on new 34
« on: January 03, 2005, 06:13:47 AM »
We have a new 34 crew cab,nice unit but has a few problems that we are still waiting for moores to come and fix. The new problem is that the water level alarm keeps sounding when the pump is started,Our poor driver at a grass fire had,had enough so we stopped all crew looked how to kill the the unit and so we pulled the fuse. But did we stop that alarm? No the thing now does a clicking noise and is alittle better but I wish moores would just come and fix our list of problems.

Has any other brigades had problems with their new 24 or 34??

blinky bill
naracoorte cfs
my view only

Offline kat

• Forum Lieutenant
    • View Profile
    • Tailem Bend Country Fire Service
water alarm on new 34
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2005, 09:29:26 AM »
I think there are less problems, in general, with the Mills Tui built 24P's. Our major problem is the airconditioning doesn't work 8)
The CD player does though :!:
A bit different from the Inter and the Bedford when I first joined (and I am only 35, it's not that long ago).
There's a difference between genius and stupidity -- genius has it's limits.

Offline Firefrog

• Administrator
    • View Profile
water alarm on new 34
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2005, 03:44:14 PM »
moved this topic from general to equipment  :lol:

strikeathird

Re: water alarm on new 34
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2005, 01:29:39 PM »
With the water alarm, if you use foam, and it fills the tank (Which can some times happen), foam gets up the water level dip stick.  (Small tube, runs from top to bottom, in the tank, with little metal strips which if in contact with water, (conducting electricity) show the little lights as full, 3/4  etc.)   Now, if foam gets up the dip tube, or dirt, or silt from the water etc, it can some times stick too, or clog up the dipstick, thus stopping water from getiing in, and thus making the truck think there is no water.

Have heard of it happening to a few appliances, especially after using foam, or using extremely dirty water.

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2005, 01:57:36 PM »
We have a new 34 crew cab,nice unit but has a few problems that we are still waiting for moores to come and fix. The new problem is that the water level alarm keeps sounding when the pump is started,Our poor driver at a grass fire had,had enough so we stopped all crew looked how to kill the the unit and so we pulled the fuse. But did we stop that alarm? No the thing now does a clicking noise and is alittle better but I wish moores would just come and fix our list of problems.

Has any other brigades had problems with their new 24 or 34??

We Have That Issue With Our 24P.  We Took Out The DipStick As Such & Gave It A Clean.  We Got 3 Lights Working 3/4, 1/2, 1/4.

However A Day Later & We Only Had the 3/4 & The 1/2.

We Are Starting To Fill Out Near Miss Forms In An Effort To Get It Fixed As We Can No Longer Tell When We Get To Our 20% Reserve Or It's Not Realiable So There For Its Classed A Near Miss.  Should Be Fixed Soon Hopefully.

Our major problem is the airconditioning doesn't work 8) The CD player does though :!:

Great, That Means You Can Put On The Ladder 49 Sound Track & Listen To Fire On The Way To A Job :-D

Offline Mike

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2005, 04:13:29 PM »
Maybe it should be considered as routine maintenance... no system is fool proof (just remember they're so inventive!). Even the old sight tubes used to have to be changed on a semi regular basis....

Offline CyberCitizen

• Forum Lieutenant
  • Fire Fighter
    • View Profile
    • http://myspace.com/cfsfirey
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2005, 04:47:12 PM »
Yes We Replaced Them Last Sunday On The 24.

Someone Forgot To Open The Valve Again Though So When We Were Out On The Job, Let's Just Say That The Water Got Low.  Nothing Major Though As It Was A Small Grassy & He Had A Tanker There To Fill Up From.

anything